What changes would u like in our education system?

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
If u are not satisfied with our indian education system or feel that it

is one of the best but still would like to have some changes then plz

go ahead n suggest. what wud u prefer to add or change? more

ractical class, more emphasis on sports n arts or something else... etc.:SugarwareZ-191:

yk_srk

Early childhood education in India is subject to two extreme but contrary deficiencies. On the one hand, millions of young children in lower income groups, especially rural and girl children, comprising nearly 40% of first grade entrants never complete primary school. Even among those who do, poorly qualified teachers, very high student-teacher ratios, inadequate teaching materials and out-moded teaching methods result in a low quality of education that often imparts little or no real learning. It is not uncommon for students completing six years of primary schooling in village public schools to lack even rudimentary reading and writing skills.

At the other end of the social and educational spectrum, children attending urban schools, especially middle and upper class children in private schools, are subjected to extreme competitive pressures from a very early age to acquire basic language skills and memorize vast amounts of information in order to qualify for admission into the best schools. Parents and teachers exert intense pressure on young children to acquire academic skills at an age when children should be given freedom and encouraged to learn as a natural outcome of their innate curiosity, playfulness and eagerness to experiment. Rising concern over compulsory learning at an early age is prompting many educators to advocate dramatic steps to counter the obsession with premature and forced teaching practices.
apart from this indian education system is higly tilted towards producing muggers,that is the focus is on cramming the infomration availble in the books, that must change to techincal and practical knowledge...it is important that government should not be involved directly in providing education, we can have a nodal agency which will be reponsible for recruting teachers for schools.there is another problem in the government schools that teachers are either not present or do not take classes, for this a solution could be that government provides coupons to parents which can be utilised to choose a school for education of the child. this way parents will choose only that school in which teachers are regular and sincere in their efforts.

tejas15aug

make the basic education equal to every single child and its the duty of both government and all wealthy individual okkk one cant afford to spend time on this issue but single rich individual or govt atleast can provide the framework and financial security to 1-2 children

sangoimoni

Well, I havent done any research on educational quality in our country, but recently i came across a very important issue that i felt needed to be tackled as early as it could be.

The SSC results were out in the last week, parents, students, relatives, friends rushed for forms. Firstly for issuing them, then filling, then submission and so on.
So something struck i my mind as to why Dont we thinking broader and why not give options of online forms to the students?

As a matter of fact, a major chunk of school going childen have an access to the internet. I am not saying to completely eradicate sale of forms hand to hand in college, but one can think of offering iit online also.
There was so much confusion due to rains, then for checking out the lists, etc.

Why can't it be all computerized. Dont you think it'll be facter, less time consuming and accessible from anywhere?

And when we compare our educational patterns with the western counterparts, why not ape these excellent procedures of theirs?

radhakm

Bookish knowledge should not be encouraged. Creative thinking on the part of individuals should be groomed!

ahmermbalbale

we are not practical enough...even after we complete our basic education we still dont try to specialize in a particular field finally ending up being like jack of all but masters of none

makhija.sumit

education should be promoted in rural areas ......
as well as govt. should focous on that type of education by which a person in can get employment (i.e. skill oriented education)

lechi_podama

Education system in india is complex as the caste sytem and the reservation provided by the indian constitution makes it more complex the people with real calibre never clinch a seat in india universities

lechi_podama

reservations make people reallThe recent proposal by HRD minister Arjun Singh to introduce 27.5 per cent reservation for OBC in centrally funded educational institutes, including IITs and IIMs will take India back from where she is today. The educational institutes are the backbone of India’s economy. These institutes have enabled us to reach where we are now.
Everyone understands the need for all sections of the Indian society to get an opportunity to be part of this vibrant economy. But reservation based on caste and community is not an answer to this. These policies have been here for the last 50 years and it has not met its objectives to the extend it should have.
If the Government sincerely cares for these people and for the country it should evaluate what the real reason for the failure is and correct it. Currently in India no institute discriminates any student based on their caste or religion during admission. However many students don’t make it to the institutes because of the economic reasons. Also many students who come from economically weaker sections but do not fall in the reservation criteria do not get a fair opportunity too. To make things right and to make a difference to those who really deserves it these are some suggestions.
1. Make education mandatory and free for all till the age of 15.
2. Propose reservation based on economic status.
3. Provide opportunity for students to earn while they study
We understand that this will be a bold move but at the same time we hope that this Government will stand up for the people of India and not be tied down by petty politics

ankitgokani

MP Guru
today education has already adopted many changes but these changes i guess r not favouring d children.
=To start frm d lower class education system portions r being changed n made tougher, xams r being doubled n also due to wch tuitions r becomin a compulsion for d kids wch makes their life so =hectic at jus so small age thy hardly get time 4 extra curricular activities.
=goin ahead at school level everythng is fine accoding to me as its goin jus well
=but at coll level n graduation level i feel d professors shud be trained properly for teaching d particular subject as i myself hav experienced tht d professors tht r teachin hav no experience of teachin thy r not at all trained n also thy themselves get confussed while teachin .....
=i don think tht these kinda changes hav ever been adopted by d education systems......
also v all hav heard of cases wher in villages d teachers get frustrated n hit d students so badly wch also smetimes end up in takin d life of a student.....
=even reservation seats r rising wch shud not happen takin care of d open catagory.........
=also more of practical knowledge shud be included in d syllabus rather than including other stuffs.....

Ravikant

the first step is to weed out the ROTE Learning system...thats wht has been the problem behind our education system not being up to the mark when compared to that in thew western countries!

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its a correct thing that education is more concentrating on knowledge.. But I will say that education is more concentrated on marks.. Students are prepared to score good marks in exams rather than gaining knowledge or developing other qualities in him..This should be changed.

marks are important but we should give importance to other things too. Extra curricular activities, career guidance, personality development, leadership camps etc. should be made atleast once a year and it should be made compulsory...

Its true that everyone has their own abilities. But the educational system should be capable to find the hidden abilities of students. Don't make them go with the flow....!!

Suresh88

As per my view, Education should help the students to start thinking creatively, not only just studying our text books and passing through exams.. Probably the class hours for all the courses may include arts, general knowledge, politics and other common things also..

rahul07

we should encourage kids to think creatively since the very begiining and show them demos of how thing is happening rather than telling them to mug it up..
this will lay a strong foundation...

Arrec

our education system tells more about how to find a good job....it should include something about running a business empire too....or how to start a business...:)

cnitturkar

All said and done.. I feel that the education system in India has a deep connection with the cultural, economic and social factors. Unless there is an paradigm shift in those driving factors I do not expect a substantial change in education system.