How can we evade Poverty in India?

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
We all talk about poverty in india. Now lets talk about how we as an individual or groups can contribute in evading poverty and making it a better place for all of us to live?

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Help an NGO financially and help the poor atleast for a day/yr .As an individual this cud be a simplest way to contribute to the society.

-Deepak.

snehal shendge

we talk about helping poor by financially helping the ngo but who knows what the NGO does?do we personally go to see whether they really go and help the poor.so we must take the initiatives to educate atleast the street children so that they atleast know the basics of education.atleast the basics of maths so that in their lives they are not cheated by anyone.

nitinpahuja

Nitin Pahuja
Poverty in India is a vicious circle as there is virtually no information with the poor about how to get rid of it. India today is a knowledge oriented economy and if my historical knowledge goes well than the knowledge revolution has been so far the most profound and most influencing factor when it comes to facilitating financial inclusion and alleviating income disparities. Therefore in my opinion poverty alleviation can be very well expedited through value creation in the villages and today with the advent of wireless techno its not that diff given that the ppl like us who have the resources think about it and have some individual social responsibilty. Forums such as Mp and Pg do certainly facilitate the cause when it comes to info that is related to high expertise degrees but there are not many sites that promote learning that is relevant to the poor and help them bridge this rich and poor intellectual divide. the govt has also been very lethargic when it comes to setting up wireless knowledge stations in d villages which in my opinion are gonna be much economical than setting up skools and then paying the irregular teachers.
What i wanna accentuate is that its not about making the poor graduates and postgraduates but more about telling them how they can actually get out of this seemingly impregnable problem of poverty and this is possible through knowledge which once there would stimulate their own creativity to attain what they deserve in life.

Sometimes the journey is more satisfying then the destination.
regards

vickyg32000

as the education is main important for the development of the
countryy govt should give top priority for education in budget
and allocate more funds ,, and it should make ensure
that the allocated funds are utilised properlyy

and every citizens should take initiative in donating
some part of their earnings to the NGO's
but who knows wht happens inside the NGO's

nitinpahuja

Nitin Pahuja

Dude as per a world bank report India is spending enough on education but the application as you have mentioned is really defunct as only 40%gets deployed. Also as per an editorial in TOI by swaminathan aiyyar india boasts one of the highest rates of functional illiteracy so having spending more would not help much and if we consider the fact that the budget this time did contribute more towards education in both percentage and real terms however the fm was criticized for not managing a big percentage increase but we must acknowledge that the gdp grew by 9% so there was a derivative increase any how but yes things can be done better if some part of this budget is spent in establishing a `robust vigil mechanism for rational spending.

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well, if people are thinking about providing finance to NGO's to their capacities but are doubtful about the functioning of that NGO then people should personally visit those NGOs. We can volunteer along with them in our free time or ask them to send a report about how their money was utilised. The best way is go urself n see n do..... donate non monetary things like clothes.... books, raw materials (of some handicraft item) n train them under the supervision of these NGO's to make a final product n so on.

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Dude as per a world bank report India is spending enough on education but the application as you have mentioned is really defunct as only 40%gets deployed. Also as per an editorial in TOI by swaminathan aiyyar india boasts one of the highest rates of functional illiteracy so having spending more would not help much and if we consider the fact that the budget this time did contribute more towards education in both percentage and real terms however the fm was criticized for not managing a big percentage increase but we must acknowledge that the gdp grew by 9% so there was a derivative increase any how but yes things can be done better if some part of this budget is spent in establishing a `robust vigil mechanism for rational spending.

I am not asking about what our FM or country as a whole should be doing by changing our investment level in education n stuff. I am willing to know how you as an individual can make a difference in the lives of people below poverty line in your surrounding?

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Help an NGO financially and help the poor atleast for a day/yr .As an individual this cud be a simplest way to contribute to the society.

-Deepak.

we talk about helping poor by financially helping the ngo but who knows what the NGO does?do we personally go to see whether they really go and help the poor.so we must take the initiatives to educate atleast the street children so that they atleast know the basics of education.atleast the basics of maths so that in their lives they are not cheated by anyone.

MOney helps to an extent. Why we are thinking so far we can just make a difference by educating street children as SNEHAL said or we can just start from educating our house maids..
Help those NGO's which are not just feeding poor people but teaching them a way of life but educating them about different unskilled jobs.

Jayita

Education 4 all the core of everythin, if the masses wil b educated then there will b scope 4 better jobs and better living standards n yess definately try creatin more job oppotunities for the lower classes reaching out to them having a trustworthy NGO .. there are many options but the point is can they ever be implemented? at a time wen only the rich wana get richer n the poor hv no choice!

hawk31981

Friends we need to accept the fact that poverty cannot be eliminated iven the most developed countries have a percentage of the population who face extreme poverty. Besides this education is not enough what is needed is education that will make people learn to be self sufficient by starting some small business of their own not just having degrees and then saying im a graduate and wont do this and that job i want ann office job else i will stay at home which is unluckily what happens in India. The best option in my opinion is to start self help grouls which will help people setup small businesses and besides this each of us needs to pt whatever preasure we can on the government to change the educational system in this country

yk_srk

did some body said..poverty, aah...do we need to remove that, please dont even try to do that...u will end up making rich people more richer, though it may sound radical, but it is true, we have had tried many schemes, programmes, initiatives, and all...but the end result is same, the moment u try to remove poverty by direct means, the problem is aggravated as it is eveident from various incidents, like for eg, indira gandhi awas yojna, a scheme initiated by the congress govt. to provide pukka houses to poor families in rural areas. some houses were infact built and transferred to poor families, but generally within a year those houses were sold by theitr owners, and they again came back on raod. similarly, the dharavi in mumbai, the biggest shanty town in world. people living there have been offered relocation and some have moved out only to return back.
as some body said. Give a man a fish, and he’ll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he’ll eat forever.
so my idea is, to generate as much opportunities as possible for one and all....so that people in themselves are ready to eradicate their poverty

nitinpahuja

Nitin Pahuja
Poverty can be evaded by executing different approach by the government poverty can be evaded by implementing effective policies which only targets the BPL people and more rehabilitation programmes for the upliftment of the lower class. This can be achieved only when the government join hands with the NGO's

madronny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)