rising rupee -is it boon or bane for country

sanjeevkpandey

rising rupee -is it boon or bane for country

last one year has sen rapid rise is rupee value agains all major currencies of the world ..against doller it has risen to40.71 fom more than 45..expet say it will have bad impact on exports..especially IT industry:SugarwareZ-064:

but it will lower the cost of imports specially in the time when the cost of oil is going through the roof:bigsmile:

wt u ppl say???? is it gud or bad for the country in long term

lets discuss

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well for a developing country like India which has to depend on the US Economy for the its outsourcing,the rising currency is like a harbinger of slowdown in Services sector.

Rising rupee will have an impact on the FII and FDI which is not a good sign.

-Deepak.

anu shukla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i think its suppose to happen in any developing economy and its surely taken as a bane in loong term. the only concern is taht this fluctuation( rise/low) should be stable, otherwise it dilutes the interest of investors.Abt FII and FDI, things will cme back to normal soon. so we really need not to worry abt that!!

koonzy

d rupee appretiation i good for economy...
bad for IT companies, but though they dont hve to worry much, coz they all have taken foward postions already..

sanjeevkpandey

it will not effect FII or FDI much coz they depend upon the overall investment prospect of the country..and in this aspect india is showing no signs of slowing down.:bigsmile: .

exports depends upon exchange rate but more than that they also depend upon the quality of product and competition .

.so if we talk about IT quality of indian professionals is well known fact and competition in terms of price is not strong so i think indian IT should not worry much ..but sure it is going to affect their margins but not market share:SugarwareZ-191:

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
According to me It can be bane in future for IT and other outsourcing industry...it will also have a negative impact on exports also..

whereas it can be boon fr country in the case of foreign exchange reserves and also fr imports....

Chiraggbp

taking in to account the domestic view

the rupee-rising factor totally ameliorates the indian economy
it enforces that fact that we as an economy fiscally are becoming strong!

while
its abit bad for import-export chores!

pratham018

its bad for exporters but importers are happy..in tht sense imports will get cheaper ....cost of production will decrease n this will bring down inflation rate..which is a hot topic these days....

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
WELL, ITS SURE AFFECTING MANY INDUSTRIES NOW.... BUT I SUPPOSE THIS IS A TEMPORARY LOSS. If our rupee value is increasing day by day...it will certainly reach its peak n that would be good. The problem is when a company has made a deal or is in the middle of a deal and later the exchnge rate fluctuates n this leads to temporary profit or loss.

sanjeevkpandey

stronger currency shows the strength of the economy of the country ..so rise of rupee is obvious ..as the economy continues to grow at rapid pace we can expect rupee to rise more..

yk_srk

rupee rising against dollar, or dollar depreciating against major currencies,
i guess that sets up the tone, it is not specifically that rupee is rising, but is the other way around that is, dollar depreciating.
dollar has been the major currency in exports-imports markets world over, and with this happening the major loss is shared by the US Ecomonmy.
yes in short term, major export sectors such as IT and textiles face consequences of rising ruppee, however in the long run and especiallly the forwards market make sure that normalcy return in the market. and ofcourse india has to pay less money in ruppee terms for its major import good, that is crude oil.
so it is neither boon nor bane, but if the situation stays for an year or so than it would definitely act as an dampner to the indian economy.

ankushgl88

Such a sudden change is not preferable but it was the outcome for controlling the inflation in domestic markets.
Inflation is now much under control n i think rupee will automatically adjust itself to dollar in not much time, n will not affect the economy in long term

NitinGupta

boon booon boooon man
no dough if the exporters are having problems then look at the other side the others are enjoying it
well i totally belive for a developing country one needs to be benifited from the imports becoz a develepoing country is depended largely on imporrt so i think rupee is booon
and if the exporter are facing having prob then rhey should come iup with new stratergy there is always a chalange ahead no one can spoon feed one should njot think of only him seld thje exportrers shiuuld reaslise rthat how much the country is benifiting
may be to minismize the loose
whyt dont the exporter increase the number of production
why is it alwaya the common man to suffer rupee rise adds benifite to him and his sonuntry
its a boon

Pushpanjali

hello friends ,due vast changes in inflation rates rupee value changes,rise in rupee value increase the commodity rates which will effect poor & middle class people to buy the basic things,that means " poor become more poor & rich become more rich".

abhishreshtha

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
a BOON cause it will sure help to increase a country's economy......
and currency power.......and sure a day will come when it will be Rs.1= 45$ ...............

:hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5: