ManagementParadise.com : Worlds Leading Management Portal. MBA | Classroom, Boardroom and Beyond

Go Back   ManagementParadise.com Forums - Your MBA Online Degree Program and Management Students Forum for MBA,BMS, MMS, BMM, BBA, students & aspirants. > Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > HOT Debates - The Big Fight

Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome?

Discuss Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome? within the HOT Debates - The Big Fight forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; In todays world when all the females are running after beauty and cosmetics treatment and surgeries, men think that even ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Advertisements
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Drishya Prabhakaran
DRISHYA will become famous soon enough

DRISHYA
Student of B.Com at Vivek College of Commerce
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Talking Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome? - June 20th, 2007

In todays world when all the females are running after beauty and cosmetics treatment and surgeries, men think that even they should not lag behind. And that's why we have a new cream called FAIR N HANDSOME for the layman to quench his desire for "beauty". It is said that Shahrukh Khan is advertising for it so that the Co. can reach whole nation's men's heart. It is said that 30% of fairness creams are used by men in india (obviously stealthily)
Soon the definition will change from Tall, Dark n handsome to tall, fair n handsome!! what r guys really concerned about beauty or some status problem? Since, we indians have always faced this colour problem which led to racial n caste problems.
What do u guys think about it.???
Advertisements
Friends: (5)
Related to Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome?

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cosmic crash leaves ring of dark matter: NASA Melroy Lopes Articles !! 0 May 21st, 2007 02:00 AM
CEOs mostly in dark about their firms ross18 Company Profiles & News !! 0 April 8th, 2007 12:22 AM
Hi Handsome....Hi Handsome.....! Pratik Mehta Articles !! 1 September 25th, 2006 05:35 PM
Details of Education Fair & Career Fair ankitbs College Fests / Workshops / Seminars 0 May 3rd, 2006 01:54 AM
This Stock Might be a Dark Horse for Long Term Vijith Pujari Stock Markets Tips & Gyan !! 0 February 3rd, 2006 09:53 PM

Re: Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome?
Old
 (2 (permalink))
cpswain
cpswain is an unknown quantity at this point

cpswain
finance
Jaipur

Re: Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome? - June 20th, 2007

this hype is only created by the cosmatics product manufacturer by advertising and moulding the men psychology 2 mass hysteria.so it will vanish soon n the real status of a man lies in his wealth n smartness.not 2 the extent of fairness as it's believed now.excess fair boyz look feminine.so what will b the difference between adam n eve.so this is only a fad,which will settle down soon.
Friends: (0)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (3 (permalink))
gaurav200x
gaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond repute

Student of Bachelor of Engineering
Noida, Uttar Pradesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRISHYA View Post
In todays world when all the females are running after beauty and cosmetics treatment and surgeries, men think that even they should not lag behind. And that's why we have a new cream called FAIR N HANDSOME for the layman to quench his desire for "beauty". It is said that Shahrukh Khan is advertising for it so that the Co. can reach whole nation's men's heart. It is said that 30% of fairness creams are used by men in india (obviously stealthily)
Soon the definition will change from Tall, Dark n handsome to tall, fair n handsome!! what r guys really concerned about beauty or some status problem? Since, we indians have always faced this colour problem which led to racial n caste problems.
What do u guys think about it.???
hmm.... Well for this topic, i'll say that these days, men too wish to appear smart and handsome and in that complexion also matters. Even though it is said that the real beauty lies inside the heart, nonetheless, certain amount of concern is given to external beauty also and hence with changing trends, the definition of beauty also changes from tall-dark-handsome to tall-fair-handsome.

But then its also true that it is personal choice too.

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

Problems in Life? - Visit Uncle Sam's Den
!! 200+ Mb CAT Material

Would u like to see Gaurav Ki Duniya Blog Updated !!!

Join to get GD notifications, updates http://groups.yahoo.com/group/onlinegd

Liked my post? Press thebutton
Old
 (4 (permalink))
Melroy Lopes
melroy88 is a glorious beacon of lightmelroy88 is a glorious beacon of lightmelroy88 is a glorious beacon of lightmelroy88 is a glorious beacon of lightmelroy88 is a glorious beacon of light

melroy88
CEO/FOUNDER at Digital Marketing Step
Awards Showcase

Now a days men are become very sensitive with regards to their complexion and other factors.The media just created a hype in the start of the ad by fair and handsome,But what i have heard is that fair and lovely and fair and handsome can only make you a bit fair by removing your tanned brownish colour.So it dosent work for all,and i have heard many cases where it has not al all helpt people.This is entirely on a consumers point of view wether he wants to buy it or not.According to me a person's natural beauty is the true beauty.Why put such things which may not even work or even at times may cause some skin complexions and disease.There are cases where people have put such creams and have faced allergies.Guys should be happy the way they are,more or less they should maintain themselves normally.

Friends: (20)
Old
 (5 (permalink))
chaitalithakker
chaitalithakker has a spectacular aura aboutchaitalithakker has a spectacular aura about

student
moombhai

hiii

as it doesnt matters first of all... of being fair or dark... atleast when u become serious...in relationship...(my view and not personal experience)

and the thing is...
How many gals became fair after using fair and lovely??
and any effect on guys after fair and handsome???

i dont think so... its just an ad...

so.....
i think gals wuld not get dark guys turning into fair...
Rite gals....

PROF. CHAITALI THAKKER
(Manager of one of the Company)
MBA ( MKTG), BMS (MKTG)..

Friends: (2)
Old
 (6 (permalink))
Drishya Prabhakaran
DRISHYA will become famous soon enough

DRISHYA
Student of B.Com at Vivek College of Commerce
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Cool Re: Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome? - June 20th, 2007

i am not particularly bothered about the cream which they are using or go for laser treatment or cosmetic surgery. even the production officials of those concerned firms agree that they cant change the natural look or colour with their creams. its just their business.
wat i m talking about is the growing concern of men towards beauty which the media relates to "fairness".
Old
 (7 (permalink))
Gulshan 1987
gulshan is an unknown quantity at this point

gulshan
Student of othjer at sk institute
Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh

Institute: sk institute

well this is bcoz marketers have realized that today even men want to look,smell,feel good so they have no problems exploiting them
Old
 (8 (permalink))
pooja.teku
pooja.teku will become famous soon enoughpooja.teku will become famous soon enough

pooja.teku

Institute: R A Podar

i totaly agree with gavrav the whole perception of tall dark n handsome is changin into tall fair n handsome
i have seen guyz using such product n that too before fair n handsome was launched..........
guys have become more beauty concious due to various reasons
Old
 (9 (permalink))
Melroy Lopes
melroy88 is a glorious beacon of lightmelroy88 is a glorious beacon of lightmelroy88 is a glorious beacon of lightmelroy88 is a glorious beacon of lightmelroy88 is a glorious beacon of light

melroy88
CEO/FOUNDER at Digital Marketing Step
Awards Showcase
Re: Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome? - June 21st, 2007

I went to cut my hair...so i was thinking about this topic in mp....after a few min this guy asks the barber...Mere mu pe dark heads hai kya...?
Men are concerned about the way the look and would put all sorts of cream to look good.(NOT ALL MEN-DEPENDS FROM PERSON TO PERSON.)

Friends: (20)
Old
pooja.teku
pooja.teku will become famous soon enoughpooja.teku will become famous soon enough

pooja.teku

Institute: R A Podar
Re: Dark n HAndsome OR Fair n HAnsdsome? - June 21st, 2007

heheh i agree with u melroy n i say most of them r showin more concern to the way they look it the whole perception that is changin
its strange n funny but that wat the fact it