roshcrazy

MP Guru
am back with a new topic ... but this time it isn't that dark and morbid i hope so..
Do u think that maturity comes with age... like we generally expect teenagers to act ..hmm... like teenagers and a little "older" people soberly? Why do we assign the moods to age groups? Why do we look with surprise if a person of 60 is cheerful and fun loving with a wide eye and a teenager talking abt the philosophy of life like this =>??

How do u measure maturity? Is this measurable?

Wht are the reasons of maturity... is this life experience? OR listening to ur parents or grandmothers/fathers? Or through books? Or something else??

Suppose if there is high degree maturity in a teen.. then how should she/he balance it with spice... or keep the same mood? Parents want their teen children to grow up and act like adults.. is this ok?? Take the other example, i have personally seen extremely indecisive and immature people in their 40's.. and i think wht they have learnt from life? (Im not talking abt fun-loving, im talking abt inability to take proper decisions in 40's) ... Is it a sin to be fun-loving at an older age... why?????

Finally.. is this a myth that maturity comes with age... or there are exceptions?

The debate is in ur hands!!!! Ur comments.

ankitjain

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hmmm nop.. not really...

dont believe?.. just lock up a human being - a child of age 3... for about 15 years.. with no connection to the outside world.. and see how mature that guy is...

next go examine a beggar who is all of 13 years old.. see how mature he is!...

u will know the difference ..

MATURITY IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO EXPERIENCES!

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Do u think that maturity comes with age... like we generally expect teenagers to act ..hmm... like teenagers and a little "older" people soberly? Why do we assign the moods to age groups? Why do we look with surprise if a person of 60 is cheerful and fun loving with a wide eye and a teenager talking abt the philosophy of life like this =>??

that's bcoz this is a general understanding that maturity comes with age.

How do u measure maturity? Is this measurable?
nope! we cant have a kg or a litre of maturity.

Wht are the reasons of maturity... is this life experience? OR listening to ur parents or grandmothers/fathers? Or through books? Or something else??

Its all the things u've described.

Suppose if there is high degree maturity in a teen.. then how should she/he balance it with spice... or keep the same mood?

What's balancing the spice? Being a mature person doesn't mean being a nerd.

Parents want their teen children to grow up and act like adults.. is this ok??

Yep! maturity comes when u face the real world... Even at this age of 20-22 we've yet to see a plethora of world.

Take the other example, i have personally seen extremely indecisive and immature people in their 40's.. and i think wht they have learnt from life? (Im not talking abt fun-loving, im talking abt inability to take proper decisions in 40's) ... Is it a sin to be fun-loving at an older age... why?????

Fun loving doesn't mean immature... Don't confuse seriousness with maturity. People at 40's will have their own problem, difference from people at 20's and yet again, it will be different from people in their 50's and 60's.

Again, there is a difference of mentality which arises here. Something which might be very mature from their angle might seem to be immature from urs and vice versa.

Finally.. is this a myth that maturity comes with age... or there are exceptions?

Bottom line... Maturity comes with age and experience. When u gain experience through age, u get more matured.

hemant.k008

Im my opinion, ages has nothing to do with the maturity. a person can become mature at very early age. maturiy depends upon is environmental factor and persons experience of life as rightly pointed out by born2rule. if u see the young kinds now a days do all those stuff what people used to do in their 20s-30s. u knw the reason y? its because of the influence of the environment. they see people doing it and therefore they try to do it and experience with the result what they get. if a guy with the influence of the mivies fall in love @ age if say 12-14 and get hurt by that thing then definately he will think twice nextime falling in love in his later age. this is where the environment and the experience comes in to picture.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I'd agree with hemant here. Its experiences and not the age that make a person mature. Ofcourse the older you get the more experiences and the more mature.

But in todays world, there are people who have done more at a young age than a 70 yr old.

So its partly true that age counts... but experiences make a person mature.

saquib

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
nope maturity is not measurable...u either have it or otherwise no.....its not an objective thing its a quality one possesess....so ofcourse it cannot be measured......lolz !!!

priyanka.1234

no no no not at all....maturity has nothing to do wd age....its nothin like at the age of 18 a person is matured n at age of 17 yrs n 11 months he is not matured.............

maturity comes wd experience stituation responsiility........etc etc....
n ofcorse u cannot measure it.....thr is no weight or measurement for tht...

coolaks120188

no! i dont think soo...it depends on the way u wer grownup......the atmosphere.....the life that u lived n the experience u had....its al a mind game!

anshul14

Maturity do not necessarily depends upon age.It has more to do with the real life experiences. What actually maturity is ? basically the way we react to a situation, and how we all do at first is by our instincts but when the same situation is repeated, people learn from their prior experiences and react. So a particular situation can come up to a person quite early and to some they may not come ...So in a nutshell its all the experience that leads to maturity

roshanpatel

maturity is directly depending on the environment one is bought up.
the more problems he faces in the early days of his life, more maturity comes to a child. after all life is an experience long one.

vinys

generally it has been observed that maturity comes with age but nowadays youg children also speak so matured this is because they have quickly developed to implement what they have experience and this in general we can say as 'learning' i.e. whatever they learn they practice it so the degree of maturity depends how good learner a person is and how rationally he uses his learnings, and this helps them to take appropriate decisions.
IMPLEMENTATION OF EXPERIENCES DECIDES THE MATURITY

Jayita

Maturity is somethin that need not only come with age its different 4 different individuals ... sometimes one can mature at an early age too mebe through some incidents he faces or pratical life teaches one in many ways! There cant b an age 4 Maturity.. no bar can b made!

tejas15aug

no every age is attached with its own immaturity and thats is what life is ...alowing you to make that innocent mistakes

khushbee

i think a lot depends on age and experience.as we grow we experience things in different walks of life and thus have a broader vision