Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > HOT Debates - The Big Fight

Is maturity directly propotional to age?

Discuss Is maturity directly propotional to age? within the HOT Debates - The Big Fight forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; thank for the post i am very thankful to you regards Advertisements...

Re: Is maturity directly propotional to age?
Old
Sameer Jahagirdar
sameerallana is an unknown quantity at this point

sameerallana
Student of MBA at ALLANA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Re: Is maturity directly propotional to age? - December 10th, 2010

thank for the post i am very thankful to you regards
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Old
Krishnakant Tiwary
krishnakanttiwary is an unknown quantity at this point

krishnakanttiwary
Student of MBA at amity university
Indore, Madhya Pradesh

Institute: amity university
Re: Is maturity directly propotional to age? - December 10th, 2010

i do not think maturity is directly proportional to age, because circumstances play a major role in making a man mature. for example if a man have never faced any problem, then he will never be mature irrespective of his age. the children living in slums are more mature than the city children, because they have struggled in life,they have experienced more than even adults. age can only matter if a person have seen and experienced life. an indifferent and reluctant person can never be mature and on the other even a young person can be mature.
Old
Victoria Mart
Vicky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Vicky1980
manager at nervous

Institute: uca
Re: Is maturity directly propotional to age? - December 11th, 2010

Definitely not. Maturity comes with experience.
Old
Jigar Mehta
jigar.mehta is an unknown quantity at this point

jigar.mehta
Senior JDE Consultant at Rosy Blue India Pvt Ltd
Management Paradise Newbie

Re: Is maturity directly propotional to age? - December 15th, 2010

No...that depends on person to person....the lifestyle , his surroundings & many more factor decides the maturity..
Old
Dimpy Handa
dimpy.handa is on a distinguished road

dimpy.handa
Student of B.Com(H) at Delhi university
Delhi, Delhi
Management Paradise Guru

Institute: Delhi university
Re: Is maturity directly propotional to age? - March 22nd, 2011

what i have perceived so far is that the environment in which you are brought up matters the most, i've seen cases where confidence given resulted in over-confidence, it depends the way we utilize it & most importantly where we utilize it.

coming back to maturity, its more like a shell to me, which i'll have to break-up myself, no one will hammer it for me, and if i keep following in other's shadows, then i'd be dependant & hence useless on the face of earth. parents / guardians play an important role here as well, unfortunately some parents are not as open-minded as my own mother and won't have their child having anything to do with remotely unrealistic stuff ala PC oriented (unrealistic at pakistan). To those young souls my heart goes out to you. You indeed have a rough journey ahead of you, for I and many others have witnessed the repercussions of going against their wishes, to those I say don't wait for the maturity to come to you, just go for it yourself, remember it's better to fail miserably than keep yourself away from that task. If I were speaking to myself in your case I would have ignored this suggestion, like many of you will. Waiting is not a common virtue in youth. so I shall give you my advice, 'Go get It'