Does FASHION contributes to society ??? Is it more good or bad ???

rj031086

Rohan Jain
How thin is too thin and how does this relate to fashion?

Models represent a beauty ideal, however it is an ideal that is impossible to achieve for the majority of women. Only 1% of women naturally have this super tall super thin body type. So where does that leave the rest of the women, starving? In many cases that is what these models are doing, starving themselves and creating unhealthy body images and eating habits for young women.
Well that was just a dark side of fashion industry.

Debate is on fashion industry (both men/women)- what according to you is a fashion and does it do more harm or good to society. Is fashion contributing to our society or the other way round.
Lets discuss guys.

Brand Wizzard

Of course it contributes. It is the harbinger of social trends, something which may or may not become collective thinking/preference.

Fashion is an expression of art. And like all art forms it contemporizes.

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Of course it contributes. It is the harbinger of social trends, something which may or may not become collective thinking/preference.

Fashion is an expression of art. And like all art forms it contemporizes.

Rightly mentioned....fashion is an expression of art.

Well... Fashion has its own importance in world.Its not a new thing in the world.Fashion is an old thing and it is found every where and at all the times.

Yes,from time to time fashion changed but it has shown its existence in all ages.

And it is not true to say that only young people do fashion,fashion is for every body and every body do the fashion.

Actually fashion is a way to express yourself.Mostly you can judge a person's nature and to some extent you can judge a person from his/her fashion.

It even shows what kind of person you are.

Fashion is a way to measure how beautiful some body is. And in the modern society an old fashioned guy is not liked by many people.

So thts the importance of fashion in the society.

singhal_amit

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
guyz first of all we need to understand tht every coin has 2 different sides i.e both positive & negative. So when we talk about Fashion industry then we can rightly say tht fashion is the expression of art but in the limits only frndz. but nowadayz the general trend for fashion is tht u r more successful when u design short clothes, wear them & so on.. it is only adversly effecting the society. I don't think so tht fashion or rather i should say the glamour world is doing much gud to the society.

om_cool

ya i think so bcoz it fashion is the mirror of wat r the trends people follow, which indirectly represents their thinking. yes it contributes to society by indirectly speaking of peoples personality rather than words

sakun

of course fashion does contribute to society. fashion says lots about a persons financial status. it feels good to wear good clothes and look good. by wearing branded items it feels like you are amongst rich people wearing old and ragged clothes potrays poverty.

Shailee

'Fashion' is just a concept - one that we all adopt in some way or the other. It's the way we dress, accessorise, present ourselves to the outside world, and the bottomline is, that this concept is sufficiently important to us humans that a multi-billion dollar industry has risen to sustain this need.

Does this industry contribute to society? Well, I suppose it does in the sense that every industry does - it keeps money circulating in the economy, provide employment and all that jazz.

So the question boils down to whether the negative impact of the Fashion industry outweighs its benefits. I find it difficult to say that it does.

Don't forget that in the fashion industry, the models are almost secondary (they are important to the corporate sponsoring the show, perhaps, but to the designer a model is essentially a clothes hanger or a mannequin that walks). It so happens that clothes tend to look best on a thin frame, and if the objective of the fasion designer is to present his clothes in an attractive way, it makes sense for them to be presented on a thin model.

To blame the industry for the unfortunate deaths due to anorexia etc is like blaming the automobile industry for road accidents.

As for those who think fashion is bad because it endorses 'short clothes' let me just say "shorter the better". I hate the fact that I can walk down Marine Drive or Cadell Road in my favourite tank top.

Jigar4U

MP Guru
really a good point made by shailee...that we really should take fashion to present ourselves well in front of the society...and it is personal to everyone how he or she wants to portray themselves...

there is nthing wrong with fashion...until it is decent ...there would always be some people who will crticize,,,but no 1 should care bout them....

jigar.mehta

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yes.. i think so bcoz it fashion is the mirror of what the people are like & their thinking.whta type of trend they follow.......it does contibutes to the society directly or indirectly...

daxgohel

no dear i dnt thnk so...
i m nt opposing othr frnds who says its good or whtevr...
yeah its true tht its cntribt alot to hte society..
bt more or less its nt creatng positv impact bcz i fl tht its only 4 elite people bt as its a fasion even middle class youth also gonna folow tht whch they cant afford...
nd othr thng is u cant judge people by his/her appearence..

floydquadros

Actually fashion is a way to express yourself.Mostly you can judge a person's nature and to some extent you can judge a person from his/her fashion.

YogeshTheDevil

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Faishon, among other thins is a reflection of how society is doing - whether a country is open to adapting ideas - it does not just tells about the clothes, but the overall mindset of people - a few analysts even use this as an indicator in capital markets.Apart from contribution as an art, it does shows the soft-power of country. And yes, as an industry, it does provide employment and contributest to country's GDP as well.

HARSHA6183

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
s it does,it gives employment to many and helps in imports also, fashion does help in bringin an image which is indian in nature and also an image of liberalisation

mohdfarhan.mms

It's totally depend on your society...... Fashion is differ from location to location...... you can see the difference between Indian trend and US trend and any other.....

gaia_dhara

Fashion does contribute to society...but most of the times, instead of a positive contribution, it's a negative one. Moreover, people believe in merely following a fad instead of linking it to their personality...also, sometimes, people go out of the way in trying to keep up with these trends. it costs them a lot more than money...also, there's some kind of pressure on the youth to keep up with changing trends...

Fashion is the mirror about your personality too and if it reflects yourself then it also reflects the society and have the great impact. We are highly influenced to the western culture and that has change the way we perceive fashion. Well, but we failed to grap the thinking and yet, i am not ashamed to say this that we are orthodox and belief in traditional ideology. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is worse. Fashion is good because it connects the world but we have to embed more modern thought in our life.