What you think Values and Ethics Matter In Corporate World ?

gurpreetsingh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hello Friends
Yesterday i was participating in a group discussion and topic was " What is the place for values and ethics in business world ". I was opposing the values and ethics in current corporate world. and my view was that not everytime values and ethics can be followed sometime we need to sacrifice with values and ethics.
I think that values and ethics are not very much important in today's corporate world. In present time when each and every company want to be a market leader values and ethics are not very important. As i am myself a marketing student,and i want to prove my point with an example - A salesman from XYZ company sells its products in a market. As we all know market is full of different types of retailers and whole sellers, that sales man on his own level modifies company's schemes and offers from retailer to retailer and in this case he is not following the ethics of business,he is modifying company's policies on his own level and for him one thing matters that is his targets to maximize company's market share and sales.

So i would like to know that what you all think about the VALUES AND ETHICS IN CORPORATE WORLD.
We should follow the values and ethics or not ???

sahilhooda000

Yes, i do think values and ethics matter in corporate world....the reason for me saying this is that whenever and whever one works he has to be ethical in his deeds coz for the firm he works is giving him his bread and he must have values to grow himself and to grow the company in the right wat!!!

Kamya

i feel that ethics do matter a lot...its not about hyping your product because you want to sell it...that is a part of marketing to present your product in such a manner that people like it...

ethics is a much larger issue..it should be followed by the companies..if they want to have a long lasting stand in the market... today the companies have become brands in themselves..people start relating to the company if they feel tht the company is doing something good for them...but being unethical will some or the other day affect the companys image....

archana agarwal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I also feel that Ethics and Values plays a important role in the corporate world. If the company behaves ethically then that would be a plus point for the company coz it would create a good impression of the company in the minds of people or its customers and will enhance its goodwill. We only say this thing that If a company does not follow ethics and is indulged in wrong practices, We lose trust from the company. That what the case that happened with ICICI, coz of just rumours about ICICI its share value went so down and it took a lot of time for the company to again gain the confidence of people. So i feel That corporate world should strictly follow the ethics and values coz it would benefit them more then the customers. Yes, that's true if a company follows unethical ways, it might get success in the beginning but at last it will have to suffer or pay for the consequences.

ashwini sinha

values and ethics are two aspects which matters for the growth and success of an organisation in long run . mere citing an eg of a single sales man is not sufficient . co's success does not depends upon the revenue generated by a single sales man . for all young management graduates - all organisations big or small have their mission objective and goal in addition values and ethics are also an integral part of an organisation which we should not forget. in india we follow left hand drive rule and follow traffic rules while driving . you can only imagin the situation without any traffic rule.