Beauty Contests

melroy88

• Some believe that beauty contests are degrading to women
• Some believe that fat is a feminist issue
• Should there be a ban on beauty contests

roshcrazy

MP Guru
wht i feel abt beauty contests is tht..wen a women is judged in a beauty contest emphasis is nt given only on beauty but she is judged on the basis of her knowledge, personality, d way she carries herself, how quick-witted they are while replyin to qs...so as such i dont thnk anythngs "DEGRADING" abt it..infact its sumthng 2 b proud of to be a part of such contests....

melroy88

well this topic is taken internationally....so it is a topic for debate ...i havent thought of....But what happens of those who loose the beauty contest...Well mabey they werent too pretty or they were too dumb...hmmm......

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
wht i feel abt beauty contests is tht..wen a women is judged in a beauty contest emphasis is nt given only on beauty but she is judged on the basis of her knowledge, personality, d way she carries herself, how quick-witted they are while replyin to qs...so as such i dont thnk anythngs "DEGRADING" abt it..infact its sumthng 2 b proud of to be a part of such contests....
That's right... but somehow i never understood why do women have to be paraded in bikinis to decide who is more beautiful.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi,
Beauty contest is also like a competition.They too have rules and the regulations.Participants are tested not only on the beauty but also on their intelligence and their nimbleness.I don't see anyting degrading women.

They are given diff sort of dresses to show how they are looking in each and every attire.One of them is bikinis.Bikinis are quite common in western world.

-Deepak.

gkvij1

its obviously a question to be answered by gals.. do they really love to participate in them and show them off to world... :fear:

Manishtanisha

I think we should change the name of contest as " Talent Contest" rather than say as " Beauty Contest". This would make meaningful act and thought.

mani_29rocks

True thats its funny a woman has to walk da ramp in a swimsuit 2 prove her beauty!! but thats da trend 2day.......
here participants do compete but in da name of their country...its grt as it opposes da idea that only fair skin is considered beautiful...even a dark female frm trinidad n tobago can win da crown!!
but again its all bout politics...n stupid interpretation...in most of the african countries women r crazy bout cosmetics..so much so they go for stealing it!!!

drsamirlb

Beauty contests are nonsense...I feel disgraced when hundreds thousands of $$$ are given to a girl just because her dad & mom created her beautiful!!!
Millions of people are dying from hunger & poverty and some find it moral to give away $$$ prizes to a beautiful shape...

And the top of hypocrisy is when the winner claims that she'll get involved in charity missions...Ha!

I will support (& enjoy) beauty contests when the prizes and sponsoring fees will be 100% given to charity org, and the winner will just win a cup and a standing ovation!

theking

To my mind, there should be no ban over bauty contests, why?
bcz we all know that we people are trying to bring womens on the front level and i think by helding beauty contests we are providing them a kind of pletform for that.................

melroy88

To my mind, there should be no ban over bauty contests, why?
bcz we all know that we people are trying to bring womens on the front level and i think by helding beauty contests we are providing them a kind of pletform for that.................

I feel keeping a competition like this,making them ramp walk,making them walk in their undergarments,ask questions ,and many other rounds is not right.Same goes out to the mens competition.All are equal,it is not right to judge one another.Are we all pretty-Yes .If we believe in God ,then we should all say a yes.All are 1 ...No 1 is more prettier than the other,no1 is ugly.I say that we are are .mr and ms.world ...who care about that dumb competition,thats just a stepping stone for a good career.

justyann

beauty contest...as of my knowledge is evaluating a women both in terms of physical beauty and brain power plus courage to face up to the whole world...so if taken in positive sense it a must go for....

bakki

hi every one gdmng...............................................................................................................................................