SHOULD SACHIN TENDULKAR RETIRE ???

saquib

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey guys....just post ur views & opinions whether sachin shud retire now or maybe he has some more years left in him to serve indian cricket .......

awaiting ur replies:SugarwareZ-287: :SugarwareZ-287: :SugarwareZ-287:

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi Saquib,
I would like to support sachin to stay in the Indian team for some more years.We should not leave some best players as a revenge taking action for loosing the world-cup.There is lot of cricket left in Sachin and India should benefit from it.

-Deepak.

I think Sachin should retire from odis after atleast 6 months, if not now........

like what brian lara n inzamam retires from odi cricket, sachin also shud think on his retirement ...........and he can play test till 2008-09.........but not more than that........

As we take a look at span of time of these 3 legends, we will get idea as sachin must retire now........otherwise in future he might get health problems.......

BRIAN LARA made his international debut in 1990 at the age of 21...and retired in 2007 World Cup.........

INZAMAM-UL-HAQ also made his debut in 1990 at the age of 20...and he also retired in World Cup 2007........

but, SACHIN TENDULKAR made his debut at international level at the age of 16 in 1989...........

So Lara & Inzamam's overall span of time in cricket (in odis) is 17 years........and sachin's span of time also is 17 years (1989-2007)..........

So taking into consideration these statistics, he can't play for a long time now.............forget about playing in next world cup 2011 which will be held in Asia...........but for himself, Sachin should retire...........there is not yet replacement for him in India but indian cricket will get one player like sachin in future....hope so....

He had vast contibution to indian cricket for 17 years.....................because 17 years playing the one game with injuries coming in between - it's not an easy job !!!

so he must retire now...n play test cricket only............that's it !!!

coolguy_10

Sachin is a far better ODI player than Test player ... infact he is arguably the best ever ODI player [Some may say Sir Viv , some may say Michaeal Bevan , but i still stick to Sachin for the sheer volume ] .... asking him to retire from ODIs first is foolish .... He has struggled in Tests in recent years and not in ODIs ... if at all he need a break , he needs it in Tests .... Selectors please wake up

heenachougle

i feel...he shld retire...coz he hardly plays....n i feel..he palyz only for his records...soo itz bttr...if he retires sn....

hiren_m_b

According 2 me...sachin shud retire....great players lyk lara n inzamam have retired...even he shud retire from cricket which wuld give a chance 2 many young players play 4 India!!

ahmermbalbale

So wat others have retired that doesnt mean even sachin should(should fedrer retire after Wimbeldon emulating wat Borg did)...I think he is still capable of being selected for Indian cricket tem on merit basis and till then he should be given complete freedom to call his day whenever he wants...anyone who has achieve such a feat deserves it.

I feel Sachin has still a lot of Cricket to play and it is too early to talk about his retirement. One can find that when he plays well he is hailed until his performance declines and when his performance declines he is critized until the match in which he plays well.It is better to leave him play his natural game.

ramoon1984

the people demanding sachs retirement are just maniac as they don't understand that speaking wonders away from ground is very easy but putting on performance is very difficult. one more thing some people say that he doesn't perform in finals or he is not a match winner but do we need to explain anything to such people after recent series against SA.though he scored less in finals but its because of him that the team reached to such state

sportsmanrahul

I don't know why such arguments raise every time India plays a series

Heard a lot about India's dismal performance in the world cup and more than that the voice against Sachin putting questions on his credentials and asking him to retire. In one of the article even read that Sachin should take the responsibility and announce his retirement so that it relieves the pressure from the other Team players after the team's show in Caribbean.

sportsmanrahul

But one thing always keep haunting me, why for more than fifteen years, the country of a billion has been expecting only one men to bring victories and take blame for every loss. As far as I know there are eleven players in the Team. I remember during the 03 World Cup, I was in my college and Sachin played another class innings against Kenya, but I heard one of the Guy saying that he can play only against such minnows. Well, he didn't play against Bangladesh and the result we know. But then now he should answer why he didn't?

sportsmanrahul

When Sachin hits a century and India loses, mind you even in the case the match is gifted to the other team courtesy Duckworth-Lewis, then its quiet common to hear that he can't win the match for the country, but people are even happy with Dravid's 50 against Srilanka though for not a single time India looked like winning. Is Dravid lacking something in terms of experience?

Inzamam took the responsibility for his team's performance and left his captaincy, even announced retirement from one-day cricket. But in India we want to hear this from a player of the Team, not the Captain or the Coach. I would like to know when did Dravid won a match single-handed for India; the fact remains that he has just played to turn a complete disaster into a more respectable loss.

radhakm

The recent series shows that he has a lot to offer to Indian cricket and a long way to go before he retires. He may not be at his best but he is good enough to play for another 2-3 years.

i think he should retire and open a trainin school for young people and help them to join indian cricket team.... he as it is doesnt play so better to retire than be there and dont contribute to the team...

omkar.pednekar

guys dont jump on conclusions that the little master is over.
its his experience that matters to team india, we all saw what happened to pathan who was full of youth but lacked experience and direction,, this youngsters need to be groomed under the shadows of greats like sachin tendulkar.