ManagementParadise.com : Worlds Leading Management Portal. MBA | Classroom, Boardroom and Beyond

Go Back   ManagementParadise.com Forums - Your MBA Online Degree Program and Management Students Forum for MBA,BMS, MMS, BMM, BBA, students & aspirants. > Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > HOT Debates - The Big Fight

Should Computers Replace Teachers

Discuss Should Computers Replace Teachers within the HOT Debates - The Big Fight forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; hey there guys... what do you feel... Should Computers Replace Teachers in today's world... do share ur comment on it... ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Advertisements
Old
 (1 (permalink))
ross18
ross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud of

Student of MBA at VIVEKANAND EDUCATION SOCIETYS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Awards Showcase
Lightbulb Should Computers Replace Teachers - April 2nd, 2007

hey there guys...

what do you feel...

Should Computers Replace Teachers in today's world...

do share ur comment on it...

Take care....
Advertisements

[B]Life is a JourneY You have to LivE,
But a DestinY You Can't AchievE.
LovE is a DestinY You want to AchievE,
But You Can't Bear The JourneY.[/B]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[B]
1.READ RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING.REFER FAQS.
2.USE SEARCH OPTIONS.DO NOT ASK FOR PROJECTS.
3.DO NOT POST YOU MAIL IDS.
4.CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON TO THANK A PERSON.
5.DO NOT POST REGARDING HOW INFORMATIVE/HELPFUL A THREAD WAS, RATE IT.
6.POST IN CORRECT SECTIONS.DO NOT SPAM.[/B]

Friends: (13)
Related to Should Computers Replace Teachers

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
generations of computers rolly Basics of Computers (P.C) 2 September 7th, 2009 06:22 PM
Five reasons no one will replace Google vengabeats Articles !! 12 October 15th, 2008 12:32 PM
computers and accounts aditi-000 Miscellaneous Projects 0 January 16th, 2007 10:42 AM
Pen computers akash_shah Marketing Management 0 January 15th, 2007 03:12 PM
What will replace the laptop? Gaurav Garg Articles !! 1 December 17th, 2006 10:26 PM

Re: Should Computers Replace Teachers
Old
 (2 (permalink))
gaurav200x
gaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond repute

Student of Bachelor of Engineering
Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Re: Should Computers Replace Teachers - April 2nd, 2007

I would say, a big NO

Teaching is not a mechanical job, but also an emotional job. A teacher is a person who is responsible for the upbringing of the future of the country, when the parents are not working, so in a way, he/she acts as a parent for those 8 hours.

Would u see parenting feasible by a computer ? NO... right ?

A teacher has to see how a student understand, and then teach him/her in a manner in which he can grasp, sometimes make the topic humorous if its difficult and even attend to the difficulties of the students, where it is academic or personal. So, all these things can't be done by a machine.

I would say that a teacher can take the aid of a computer while teaching, but replacing the teacher, is impossible.

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[I][B]Problems in Life? -[/B][/I] [I][B]
[/B][/I]
[I][B] !! [/B][/I][I][B]
[/B][/I]
[U][B]
[/B][/U]

Would u like to see
[I][B]Blog Updated[/B][B] !!!
[/B][/I][I][B]

[/B]
[/I]
[I][B]
[/B]
[/I]

[I]ONLINE GD[/I][B] - [/B]

[I][B]Join [/B][/I][I][B]to get GD notifications, updates[/B][/I][I][B]
[/B][/I]

[B][I]Liked my post? Press the[/I][/B][B]
[I]button[/I][/B]

Friends: (5)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (3 (permalink))
Deepak Narayanan
deepakraam has a spectacular aura aboutdeepakraam has a spectacular aura aboutdeepakraam has a spectacular aura about

deepakraam

Awards Showcase
Re: Should Computers Replace Teachers - April 12th, 2007

My views in this topic is divided.Computers can replace teachers to some extent..

Financially computers will be less expensive than teachers.In villages where you can't find any traces for schools computers would be a good choice.

When it comes to teaching obviously humans play a very good part than computers.Teachers can understand the students and will teach them according to their needs.

So India needs both type of teching to make the country literate.

-Deepak.
Friends: (1)
Old
 (4 (permalink))
gaurav200x
gaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond repute

Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Re: Should Computers Replace Teachers - April 17th, 2007

PHP Code:
 Financially computers will be less expensive than teachers.In villages where you can't find any traces for schools computers would be a good choice. 
just think how expensive it would be? A computer can't teach completely and in villages, an experienced teacher is a must. Inculcating computer education is fine, but if u say, u want to replace teachers, with computers, then its not possible!

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

[/B][/I]
[I][B] !! [/B][/I][I][B]
[/B][/I]
[U][B]
[/B][/U]

Would u like to see
[/B][/I][I][B]

[/B]
[/I]
[I][B]
[/B]
[/I]

[/B][/I]

[I]button[/I][/B]

Old
 (5 (permalink))
Kartik Raichura
kartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond repute

kartik
Founder & CEO at Management Paradise
Management Paradise Guru

Re: Should Computers Replace Teachers - April 17th, 2007

Quote:
and in villages, an experienced teacher is a must.
Open your eyes and smell the coffee. If you read any news at all, it wouldnt be a surprise to you that most of the so called *teachers* arent well educated. To top that, those who are qualified dont visit these schools / colleges. They seldom visit the campus and most of the time its only to collect their salary.

Help Others -> Help Yourself !

Want to work with us and revolutionize management world ? send in a small writeup of what you will do and how with your cv on careers at managementparadise.com

Friends: (92)
Old
 (6 (permalink))
gaurav200x

Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Re: Should Computers Replace Teachers - April 18th, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik View Post
Open your eyes and smell the coffee. If you read any news at all, it wouldnt be a surprise to you that most of the so called *teachers* arent well educated. To top that, those who are qualified dont visit these schools / colleges. They seldom visit the campus and most of the time its only to collect their salary.
what i meant was someone who can teach the rural masses, because teaching them will be different from teaching the urban masses and someone who can use computers... that's why the word "experienced"

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

[/B][/I]
[I][B] !! [/B][/I][I][B]
[/B][/I]
[U][B]
[/B][/U]

Would u like to see
[/B][/I][I][B]

[/B]
[/I]
[I][B]
[/B]
[/I]

[/B][/I]

[I]button[/I][/B]

Old
 (7 (permalink))
Kartik Raichura
kartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond repute

kartik
Founder & CEO at Management Paradise
Management Paradise Guru

Quote:
that's why the word "experienced"
Quote:
To top that, those who are qualified dont visit these schools / colleges
Now,at this point in time, it would be absurd to say that teachers can be totally replaced, because you need the human touch.

But you cannot neglect things like e-learning, where there is a teacher, but he is lecturing from some far away place, or better yet, the lectures are stored in CD's or DVD's.

There is a market for such products, there are people who'd prefer to learn at their own convinience, and through their favorite proffessionals.

Can computers replace teachers, well atleast not yet, but it is certainly doable in future.

Help Others -> Help Yourself !

Want to work with us and revolutionize management world ? send in a small writeup of what you will do and how with your cv on careers at managementparadise.com

Friends: (92)
Old
 (8 (permalink))
ross18
ross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud ofross18 has much to be proud of

Student of MBA at VIVEKANAND EDUCATION SOCIETYS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Awards Showcase

the thing that u are sayin about a student can learn on the internet from his favourite teachers is right...

but thn computers can just act as a link between them..

and also a computer can just pass on the information the data that is been stored in it...
or the question tht have been feeded in it...
Computers lag Artificial Intelligence...whn the artificial intelligence of Computers surpass humans only thn they can take replace teachers....

but thn too what about the motivation and affection tht we get from our teachers how can computers replace that ???

[B]Life is a JourneY You have to LivE,
But a DestinY You Can't AchievE.
LovE is a DestinY You want to AchievE,
But You Can't Bear The JourneY.[/B]

[B]
1.READ RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING.REFER FAQS.
2.USE SEARCH OPTIONS.DO NOT ASK FOR PROJECTS.
3.DO NOT POST YOU MAIL IDS.
4.CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON TO THANK A PERSON.
5.DO NOT POST REGARDING HOW INFORMATIVE/HELPFUL A THREAD WAS, RATE IT.
6.POST IN CORRECT SECTIONS.DO NOT SPAM.[/B]

Friends: (13)
Old
 (9 (permalink))
Nadia Kardame
born2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the rough

born2rule
Student of PGDM at icfai
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Institute: icfai
Awards Showcase
Re: Should Computers Replace Teachers - April 30th, 2007

if computers replaced teachers...we will not be human beings we wud be robots working mechanically...no machine can take place of teacher...u cnt grow wid machines...
Friends: (7)
Old
sweetaugust
sweetaugust is an unknown quantity at this point

sweetaugust

Institute: loyang
Re: Should Computers Replace Teachers - July 12th, 2007

well, to miie, i think tat computer can replace teachers to a certain extent.
Its true tat computer have no experience of teaching. But, would u rather listen to the teacher talks than playing games in lesson in the computer tat would equally teaches us the same thing tat the teachers is teaching.

well, tis is just my point of view
Friends: (0)