BlAcK Is BEaUTifuL..!!

roshcrazy

MP Guru
frnds i have a topic ...[AbSTRacT]
BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL ...
plz comment on this ..........

FRNZZ THIS IS AN INTERESTING TOPIC TO DISCUSS ON..M LOOKING FORWARD FOR UR POSTS...!!

roshcrazy

MP Guru
every color has its own sense of beauty...black is no exception....black, in my opinion, is associated with respect, dignity & honour...& in working environments, most of the people are dressed in black. black gives a sense of being official. we can rarely found a meeting of high profile personalities with most of them wearing non-black.......
black also symbolises an strenuous path to success & a rigorous struggle for life.

roshcrazy

MP Guru
frnz, m lukin frwd for healthy discussion on d topic..its an interesting one...i expect replies n not just views!!!

neways back to topic,m replyig agn since no 1 replied: black is beautiful
we all like white for its message of peacefullness...brightness...
but widout the existance of black there is no white

ajay.llim

BLACK: WHAT IS FIRST THING COMES IN YOUR MIND?

NIGHT:-Duration between sunset & sunrise

BLACK :- Movie went for Oscar award.
Set a milestone in Bollywood.
Got Many National & Film fair award.

BLACK BODY:-ABSORBES ALL ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATIONS WHICH FALLS ON IT

BLACK HOLES :- A OBJECT PREDICTED BY GENERAL RELATIVITY WITH A GRAVITATIONAL FIELD SO STRONG THAT NOTHING CAN ESCAPE IT----------NOT EVEN SINGLE LIGHT PARTICLE

So we can say that BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL........

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
In the psychological sense,

Black means power, black is associated with demanding respect, black signifys superiority.

Black also means introvert personality, black means insecurity, insecurity about relations, insecurity about failure.

Beware of the black, black might be beautiful, but its also dangerous like the night without the moon !!

anu shukla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
black symbolise darkness...its only then we value the light!!!!
also it inspire us to work par limits to find the other end i.e light!!!!

ankit_chan

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I agree with what Roshni said, every color has its own beauty and black is not exception.. Even my favourite color is black.. My car is black in color.. According to some jyotish, black is the best color for my family.. Black color is a part of my life and in daily activities somewhere or the other black color is present..

But there some negatives too.. BLACK is BEAUTIFUL is a very open statement and it doesn't include only about the black color but it includes all the places where black can be present.. You have eyes so that you see this beautiful world.. Think about those who don't have any eye.. Yes the character in the BLACK movie.. Ask him/her whether black is beautiful?? Are they happy leaving in black?? The answer is no.. You say black is beautiful because you have experienced the beauty of this world but according to them its not because they think colorful might be (has to be) better than black.. So how can it be beautiful..

anshu_wadhwani

yes black is beautifull
as black never goes dirty or soiled
and black is powerfull as nothing (no colour) goes on black

black is always good as it suits every beautifull person and no stain is seen on black colour it covers all the colours.

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Black means anger

Black means Grief

Black is associated with elegance and sophistication.

Black is associated with Mystery

Black is professionalism

jituashani

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
There are handful of negative meaning associated with colour black, but according to me its the way v think, a man in Blazer looks gentleman, a women in black gown looks beatuiful, for sum its a darkness which hides evrything in it n for sum darkness is an xpectation of happniess like dark cloud is a light of hope for farmers, a reason for pecock to dance in the rain................................................hence even the animals know the importance of black, so i deeply agree that black is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roshcrazy

MP Guru
Black is signifier of night, night suggesting the unknown; night equated with the pleasures of sex; black is mystery; black is symbol of the consciousness; black is signifier of death...black is the colour of mourning; black is the colour of the abyss, of nothingness; black is the colour of Satan and evil; black is the colour of God and good, black is part of the Ancestral home, Africa; black as racial signifier; black is dread; black is the colour of oppression, yes, black is strength; black is the colour of love...and simply as a colour, or signifier of form.

piyazcool

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hmmmm...
lots said abt wat is black n wat black signifies...

Well Guys , why not enlighten each other on Why Ppl hav Fixation With White (As in White skin) even Though Black is Said to Beautiful?

:eek:hwell:

saquib

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Black is Beautiful and It's History, Too

After years of struggle and considerable hurdles, "Black art is in good hands," concluded Kwame Brathwaite, president of the National Council of Artists (NCA) New York chapter, during a conference at Columbia to commemorate Black History Month.

Speaking at Davis Auditorium during panel discussions on topics ranging from the Black Arts Movements to raising the bar for arts support, Brathwaite traced the history of black cultural awareness. That sensibility, he said, began with the birth of the Harlem Renaissance. From there, its lineage can be followed through the Works Progress Administration, a federal initiative during the Depression to subsidize labor projects for the unemployed, and the Black is Beautiful movement of the 1960s, which celebrated African culture and established a benchmark for aesthetics that recognized beauty in non-European physical features.

Today, said Brathwaite, thanks to the efforts of many organizations like the NCA, which was founded in 1959 and is the country's oldest visual arts organization that promotes black visual arts, "black art is flourishing." One example, he added, is the vital gallery scene and arts venues in places such as Williamsburg and Fort Greene in Brooklyn.

Speakers at the conference, which also took place at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and included the presentation of Black History Makers Awards, took up the theme of how black communities have embraced their own culture. Elombe Brath of the African Jazz-Art Society & Studios, founded in 1956, said the growing awareness of black culture in the 1950s and 1960s was an outgrowth of the Civil Rights movement and the effort to decolonize Africa.

"We came together to deal with the arts, to tie them to what was going on in Africa," Brathwaite said of the time. "We had the idea; you can't divorce art from the struggle." As a result, "artists were no longer artists, but the organizers of a movement. We replaced the word 'Negro' with 'African.'"

Looking back on the progress that has been made in the field, Beuford Smith, of Kamoinge Artists -- an association of black photographers, founded in 1963, that had grown out of the Black Arts Movement of the 1970s to advance awareness of contemporary black artists using photography -- recalled "The Negro Woman" exhibition in 1965–1966. The show, Smith recalled, caused an outcry because it raised issues about being black -- the exhibition focused on the black female body, presenting images of women with "natural" hairstyles, reflecting increasing awareness of black pride.

Now, he said, the organization intends to be more involved in "blackness" and the community, and teaching kids about the power of photography.

Voza Rivers, founder and chair of the Harlem Arts Alliance, who also received an award for arts organizing, spoke in a personal way about his role in black arts and culture -- especially in theater -- and how the speakers at the conference had influenced his awareness.

Recalling his efforts to use the theater as a tool to break down racial barriers, Rivers noted that he had brought the South African play Sarafina, an eye-opening production about the harsh realities of apartheid, to the United States It was an achievement that "got the message out about the African National Congress and resonated around the world," said Rivers.

The experience, Rivers concluded, and his work with the 375-member Harlem Arts Alliance, has made him realize that "we are all caretakers of our culture." The alliance, which is also involved in bringing Peter Brook's Tierno Bokar to Columbia, provides an opportunity for people to connect with their past and to "recognize their current status as stakeholders" in the black cultural community.

Arts and education came under scrutiny in a second panel, with speakers focusing on how educational groups can influence the younger generation and increase awareness of black cultural past and future.

Emmett Wigglesworth, of the Children's Art Carnival, said his group had taken up the slack in arts education because the public school system had dropped music and art from its curriculum. His goal at Children's Art Carnival is to use art as a way to teach other subjects, such as math. Maintaining interest in art among students is crucial, said Wigglesworth, because the arts are a "humanizing factor in our culture."

Herman Bigham, a real estate developer from Philadelphia who is also active in promoting exhibitions of African art, urged African Americans to make a greater effort to understand and promote their culture. By doing so, Bigham explained, "We acknowledge and validate ourselves. We control our own cultural materials."

For his part, Bigham is part of a collective of primarily African art presenters, preservers and scholars who believe that mainstream museums in the United States, even those with significant collections of African art, do not present these works as cultural icons that represent a system of cultural values to African Americans.

To this end, Bigham has organized several exhibitions, including "The Majesty of African Motherhood" and "African Sculpture: Symbols of Culture," which presents masks, animal and human figures and objects of spirituality. Concluding his remarks, Bigham urged the participants to continue their efforts to perpetuate the black community through culture. "We have the tools and the power to express ourselves in this world," Bigham said.