HAS management education Lost its credibilty ??????

mayur_kaku

guyz dis is a topic which i think can be taken up for discussion.

management education is now become a herd phenomenon i.e. any1 and evry1 wants to pursue it. why not engeneering or some thing else

i guess its woth thinking>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

post your views tooooooooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well i somewht agree with ur views mayur......

the thing is tht now-a-days ther are so many colleges offering management courses bcoz of which getting into any of the colleges is not a big deal at all..

but i dont hnk tht the education is losing its credibility. bcoz it is the same thng tht is being thought.....even if ther wer a limited colleges offring the course it would not have been any different.....

thus accrding to me....its the population tht is of concern ant not the quality....

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Well, i think the credibility of any education comes from the type of people who have been trained and the quality of work they produce.... Without doubt, it can be said that there are more no. of management colleges than the engineering colleges and people have been opting management as a field, becuase they think a manager is paid much more than an engineer and hence this fact has led them to choose management over engineering.

I doubt whether it would correct to say that management is losing its creditability because inspite of the fact, that there are so many management colleges, the quality of education is still very good.... for most of the colleges

Moreover, with increasing population, the competition is getting tougher and tougher... and only the fittest of them are able to survive. Hence, it can be realised that the quality isnt declining. However, it should be realised that that the competition is tough mainly for the top ranking colleges and not for lower cadre colleges. Nevertheless, it gives a chance for the not-so-bright minds to shine themselves and become better.....

Shrinjoy

mayur_kaku said:
guyz dis is a topic which i think can be taken up for discussion.

management education is now become a herd phenomenon i.e. any1 and evry1 wants to pursue it. why not engeneering or some thing else

srsly u ppl think soo management education lost its credibility??? K from my perception as to how i view management studies myself..it has not come of age ppl...let it get a bit mature...dont u think anyone or everyone shud b allowed to do management...ppl have u forgotten wut our constitution said abt "TREATING PPL EQUALLY"...or do u think only the elite class of ppl...or ppl havin wide areas of expertise(out-knowledge or know-how) shud b allowed to do management..??? u ppl tell me how many of u knew of MANAGEMENT 10 yrs ago when we were 7th- or 8th std kids?? we had heard abt engineerin, MBBS n stuff but management...how many of ur elderly relatives passed out frm IIMs..?? n u think everyone is gettin into management..engineerin is exhausted guys...u meet guys on the road, in buses,ur frnds...everyone is doin engineerin...BSc does it stand a scope in today's world...wut a guy wid a BSc general degree do open a CLASSES fr the students n earn a salary of say 20k/m...management is providing them wid salaries above 5 lakhs per annum..
fr me management is coming of age...India still hasnt seen the management revolution...IIMs the elite institute of India stands arnd 130th rank in the world in terms of management education...awesome rite?? we r still in the 1960's wut harvard used to b then...it will take arnd a decade to stand to the HARVARD quality of education...

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Does a course loose credibility just because its a dream of every other person ?

As to management education so is to the software industry.

People will turn to the industry or stream where they find money . Its a natural choice.

Regarding Harvard and Stanford. Yes, the IIMs rank 130. On what basis ? The quality of education is the same and many of the IIM profs are invited to lecture at harvard. Its the infrastructure and the placements that make them the 130th.

Ofcourse the Indian ruppee placements seem dull for the same denomination of dollar placements in foreign countries.

Management education has just gained its importance and in the yrs to come, I think, we will see a lot of development in HR, logistics and systems which are the neglected areas right now.

The battle has just begun ;)

Nitin1987

friends,
Credibility in India is a serious question in every field. So many doctors are needed and so few available - in India it is the lack of facilities which hold us back. For a population as in India - when facilities start popping up they only help increase the credibility of the course - the course evolves and becomes more specific - earlier management had braod classification now more subdivisions are coming up - how can that affect the creditibility of a course?

- Regards Nitin

meena P

On the contrary , I should like to think that everyrhing is being looked in terms of management now. It has got more emphasis . Many institutions for this course have come up . There is a healthy competition . More and more people are wanting to join these programs .

meena P

On the contrary it has become very popular as everything is being looked as mangement ( self n others ) . So many institutions have started this program .
That's a good sign . They will have to worry about the quality too because of the competition .

Meena

sargam.aggarwal

well practically speaking... all dats learnt in b schools is not applied anywhere... what u do on floor, common sense and potential is all dat matters...

mwings24

I think its all got to do with the degree and which college you get it from.
Lets be honest, our ultimate goal is to get a good job with hefty salary. In India, all that matters to get a good job is ur degree.
I have done my engg and worked for 3 yrs now and I dont think I have even practically used a word of what i learnt there. But, yes the tag BE helped me get a good job.
So I believe education specially in India is what you learn at work and not in college. So, I think any education in India hardly matters.

Cheers,

akhl070

well this question is of subjective type .........
its totally depend on how we perceive..........
ya institute matter............
but due to large number of colleges yeeessss
its lost its credibility

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Management has not lost its credibility.After IT industry mgmt has taken a new form and sme insti started offering Exec programs esp for ppl who can still continue their job at the sametime they can study.Moreover,wen you look at the no.of students taking the competitive exams like CAT,XAT,NMAT etc.there is increase in the no.of students taking the exam though the no.of seats haven't seen any big increase.Moreover,still MBA from IIM is a dream for many of the ppl even in this forum and thats y we are here.Even wen u take a look at the no.of members in this forum we can atleast safely say management hasn't lost its credibility.I dunt tink mgmt will lose its sheen till IIMs,XLRIs,ISBs with their record placements are in India.

-Deepak.

nityananddeva

Have Managment Programmes lost their credibality.....my answer is no. Anyone who thinks is generalsing it too much. Lets take a viewpiont of users of educational istitiutes. The companies that come for campus placment know very well the standard of students and they offer them packager accordingly. Thats why fat pay packages and cool analytical profile make their way to the IIM"s, MDI, XLRI and likes and not so sought after sales job make their way to so called B and C grade B-Schools. So students more or less are getting what they deserve. In todays era the requirment of managment students is huge and if we have enterence standards of IIM's and XLRI for every institite who will work at entery level jobs, at present grabbed by students of not so sought after B-Schools.

RC1327

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
WELL AN MBA FROM IIMS OR XLRI WILL ALWAYS HOLD ITS PLACE AND OUTSHINE OTHERS.MBA HAS BECOME AS A GOOD BUSINESS SO ASPIRANTS SHOULD BE BEWARE NOT TO DARE BEYOND IIMS