Retail Market BOOM in india

. Which player will emerge as the largest one in Indian retail market?

• Walmart-Bharti

Votes: 45 38.5%
  • RELIANCE

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Pantaloons

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Shoppers stop

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters

manjotdullat

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Q. Which player will emerge as the largest one in Indian retail market?

1. Walmart-Bharti
2. Reliance
3. Pantaloons
4. Shoppers stop
5. A dark horse

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Without a doubt Reliance.

I think in a couple of years, India will be known by the name of RELIANCE .

Sab jagah haath pair faila ke rakhe hai.

nehamantri

kartik said:
Without a doubt Reliance.

I think in a couple of years, India will be known by the name of RELIANCE .

Sab jagah haath pair faila ke rakhe hai.

I don really think tht this will be the case.with the entry of international players in the market, like walmart, it will be very difficult for reliance to cope with it.......they have well established standards.........

sumit.jaswal

with any doubts it has to Reliance...
Reliance has an habbit of wait and watch till the right time and then hit it with a bang and just end killing the competition. we will see some players like Walmart also coming in...but Walmart has got its own problems to care of first.
Rest assured things are looking good for Reliance.

sumit.jaswal

i am planing to work on some research in retailng industry in the city i am in... its will be the first research work tht i will be doing on my own... i am a MBA student... guys i just want to know if there is any one who has done any work in retail industry anywhere, will be help ful.. or if there is anyone who can give some giuldlines to go abt doing this research.

Abhi

Well I think it is going to be Walmart Bharti ,

Walmart is standing in first in retailing due to its distribution system(hub and spoke model ). It is having vast network for production and distribution, so it can definetely offer high quality with low prices. For other competitors they have to build their network afresh.

SO walmart have a advantage here..

My vote to walmart

sinhakush

hey ok everyone knows realince is the largest business house in india..............but when Wal-mart enters indian retail market,from that day,retail boom will be marching towards sky-scrape.as wal mart is not the best among reatil but the no 1 company in the world ...............so i think wal mart is sure to having upper hands.....................................

kush

nrj

Well voted 4 Walmart-Bharti right now,as we knw that Walmart is the single largest and very strong player in Retail Bussiness across the globe.

Right now Gov. has not allowed total pure FDI in Retail thats the reason why Walmart cant enter itself in India alone;and so tied up with Bharti.
In future if Gov allows the FDI for same,the market will go more Hot as many Multinational Brands will be competing here.
Then the scenario will be really exciting with a heavy competition.:SugarwareZ-191:

jjmahida

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
This is going to happen like the situation of pharmaceuticals industry few years back. Big fishes would start engulfing the small fishes and there would only a few players ..... which may go cartel to exploit indian retail market.

meds09

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I go in for Walmart- Bharti ....In the disorganised retail sector the thng that counts the most is probably the way one maintains the SCM activities so as to stand as a cost effective leader. Certainly with Walmart cooperating at the back end , Bharti has an expert's consultancy at home.

Belsiyal

find the attached the file......................................

Attachments

• Indian Retail Market.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 69

Belsiyal

Growth Factors in Indian Organized Retail sector.........................................................

Attachments

• Growth Factors in Indian Organized Retail sector.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 61

Belsiyal

i am attaching scope & organised retail mkt together below................................

Attachments

• Scope of the Indian Retail Market.doc
    28 KB · Views: 69
  • Indian Organized Retail Market.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 59

Belsiyal

find below another file....................................................................................................

Attachments

• Opportunities in Indian Organized Retail sector.doc
    105.5 KB · Views: 63

Belsiyal

1 more to go........................................................................................

Attachments

• Formats in Indian Organized Retail Sector.doc
    34 KB · Views: 64