Is work exp. absolutely important for an MBA ?

anu.anusha1

post in ur opinion .... how much do you work exp is helpful ?? or is it better to finish studying right after college so that one wouldn't get diverted and lose interest in studying an MBA

ONOOOD

for some colleges it is mandantory.
but i think it depends on the person, i am IT Person n am doing Buiness managment master.

mktg_rocks

Well.......if the question is abt importance of work-ex from a learning or an understanding point of view, I guess having a work-ex would enhance your understanding of concepts, but it isn't mandatory nywayz......

med

i feel work exp. is very important before one goes for MBA because then one can relate the concepts with the real life scenarios.

vivekarya07

work ex doent matter if u r doin mba frm a top college
but yes if u r doin mba frm a clge frm whr any1 cn do then wrk ex is a must

thesameer

post in ur opinion .... how much do you work exp is helpful ?? or is it better to finish studying right after college so that one wouldn't get diverted and lose interest in studying an MBA

It is highly recommended to have work exp. before doing MBA.
Finally it is individual's call.

anyzen

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I feel yes. person with work experience perform better and absorb better because of previous exp in some working area. Without exp people take time to absord and put lot of effort to understand the concept of management

cadrjain

Yep, absolutely... In fact it is one of the most important factor for a good career... It is said that wisdom without experience is meaningless. Theory is to be applied in practise to achieve perfection and this state could be attained only with constant practice and actual field work.

darshanjoshi

An fresher MBA doesn't know how to file important papers. work experience is more important than doing a MBA because what u learn in mba is theory but when u go out in corporate world its totally different

ashton

I definately feel that having work experience helps for an MBA because of the following
a) Better chance of getting a seat from an institute vis a vis the non experienced candidate
b) One will immediately be able to apply the concepts taught in class to the work environment he/she was in. It becomes very difficult to relate the concept even if taught through case study methodology for those who do not have work experience.
c)The job will make you resourceful in terms of contacts therefore getting through internship gets easier
d) One can save up money because besides the fees daily expenses do take a toll for the average middle class
e)Finally you can change your line if you were not happy with the type of work you did. For example if you are doing sales you will know what the job is only after working there.If you then dislike it you can always change your line after completing your MBA

nilesh pal

i think work exp. play an important role in mba.............it will give practical understanding ..............

adityacool5

c ... i am doing Integrated MBA so i dont need ... to have work exp. .. but i think work exp. will let us grow ourself through the learnings we did in past ..

vinkrish

Hi,
A few years of working in an organisation provides exposure to the business as well as the various functions in an organisation. An MBA post this will help the individual relate to the business as well as seek opportunities to put to use the learning in a better manner.
I know of employees in my organisation who are currently doing their MBA while continuing to work - there is a big difference in the way they operate, perform, communication and learn.

Thanks
vinkrish

kehsibha

Yes, in my opinion work experience plays a very important role in an MBA since an important part of the MBA is learning from your peers. Diverse experiences in an MBA classroom adds value to the learning process and helps 1 see things from different perspectives.