Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform CAT, XAT, MAT, CET, JMET and other Indian MBA Entrance Exams > Group Discussions Online Archive ( GD )

Group Discussion queries

Discuss Group Discussion queries within the Group Discussions Online Archive ( GD ) forums, part of the CAT, XAT, MAT, CET, JMET and other Indian MBA Entrance Exams category; Hi guys, This thread is mainly about the queries which u have in ur mind regarding Group Discussion. It can ...

Group Discussion queries
Old
 (1 (permalink))
gaurav200x
gaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond repute

Student of Bachelor of Engineering
Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru
Group Discussion queries - July 9th, 2006

Hi guys,
This thread is mainly about the queries which u have in ur mind regarding Group Discussion. It can related to the tips u need to follow during a GD, what u are supposed to do there, what not.. and every other doubt u might be carrying.

So come forward and post ur doubts. However, before u begin make sure to check out the following threads.

Newbie FAQs

Concept Behind ONLINE GD

as many tips and tricks, Dos and Don't etc have been covered in their posts.

Kartik and Nikhil being the experts can answer to ur queries and i can share my knowledge what i learnt at TIME. This way we can compile a ready reckoner of the essentials of a Group Discussion.

Please note,
do not use this thread to post ur queries regarding ONLINE GD.... I have written a well-documented thread for that which is self explanatory!!

Regards,
Gaurav
Advertisements

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Problems in Life? -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!

Would u like to see
Blog Updated !!!

ONLINE GD -

Join to get GD notifications, updates

Liked my post? Press the
button

Last edited by gaurav200x; July 15th, 2006 at 04:37 PM..
  Send a message via Yahoo to gaurav200x  
Friends: (5)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Re: Group Discussion queries
Old
 (2 (permalink))
dextar
dextar is an unknown quantity at this point

dextar
Re: Group Discussion queries - July 10th, 2006

Hi This is Nitin Jain . Just want to know whether starting the Group Discussion always fetch u some extra marks? Shd we always try to start the GD first?
Friends: (0)
Old
 (3 (permalink))
gaurav200x
gaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond repute

Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Group Discussion queries - July 10th, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextar
Hi This is Nitin Jain . Just want to know whether starting the Group Discussion always fetch u some extra marks? Shd we always try to start the GD first?
If u know what to speak, then don't wait... Take the lead and start. The moderators would give u undivided attention. That would surely fetch u marks bcoz their entire concentration would be on u!. Just ensure that u actually know what to say, because if u don't the moderators would give u undivided attention to even cut ur marks.

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

Problems in Life? -
!!

Would u like to see
Blog Updated !!!

ONLINE GD -

Liked my post? Press the
button

Old
 (4 (permalink))
gaurav200x

Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Group Discussion queries - July 15th, 2006

A few observations from the sessions i've conducted.

a) You should maintain silence when in the conference.

b) Do not pin point at a person, i.e. accuse him or her.

c) Do not mock or make ridiculous gestures. Remember u got to be formal.

d) Stick to ur points. Do not deviate.

e) When concluding, remember not to give ur opinion again and again. It is a place where u SUMMARIZE. So stick to it.

Violating any of these rules, will reduce ur marks in an actual GD.

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

Problems in Life? -
!!

Would u like to see
Blog Updated !!!

ONLINE GD -

Liked my post? Press the
button

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (5 (permalink))
keshwendu
keshwendu is on a distinguished road

keshwendu
Student
Amravati

Institute: PRMITR Badnera
Re: Group Discussion queries - August 8th, 2006

Hi I m not getting information about next gd. The next Gd thread is also not updated for a long time still gds are going on. Please any body help me where to get information about next gd. Is u have formed another thread for that.

You have to do.
Keshwendu Kant Suryabansi.
Old
 (6 (permalink))
gaurav200x

Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Group Discussion queries - August 8th, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshwendu
Hi I m not getting information about next gd. The next Gd thread is also not updated for a long time still gds are going on. Please any body help me where to get information about next gd. Is u have formed another thread for that.
I was out of station earlier and later busy with some work and hence could not take the GDs. Yesterday, i had some time and hence the GD was conducted.

However, be rest assured, i will try my level best to take the GDs as per schedule.

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

Problems in Life? -
!!

Would u like to see
Blog Updated !!!

ONLINE GD -

Liked my post? Press the
button

Old
 (7 (permalink))
Jiten Mazee
jitenmazee is on a distinguished road

jitenmazee
Student of Bachelor of Engineering at HAKIM ABDUL HAMID UNANI MEDICAL COLLEGE
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru

Re: Group Discussion queries - January 17th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav200x View Post
Hi guys,
This thread is mainly about the queries which u have in ur mind regarding Group Discussion. It can related to the tips u need to follow during a GD, what u are supposed to do there, what not.. and every other doubt u might be carrying.

So come forward and post ur doubts. However, before u begin make sure to check out the following threads.

Newbie FAQs

Concept Behind ONLINE GD

as many tips and tricks, Dos and Don't etc have been covered in their posts.

Kartik and Nikhil being the experts can answer to ur queries and i can share my knowledge what i learnt at TIME. This way we can compile a ready reckoner of the essentials of a Group Discussion.

Please note,
do not use this thread to post ur queries regarding ONLINE GD.... I have written a well-documented thread for that which is self explanatory!!

Regards,
Gaurav
Hey gaurav, thanks for the information and it is very crucial for the people who are preparing for the GD. I am also uploading a document which will let the people know how to prepare for GD.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf group discussion do's and dont's.pdf (169.9 KB, 0 views)
Old
 (8 (permalink))
Veni Singh
venisingh216 is an unknown quantity at this point

venisingh216
Re: Group Discussion queries - May 11th, 2016

What we should do... in a group discussion.. is there or particular body language which can affect or attract others.. ??? heard by a senior that your personality does more than half work..
Old
 (9 (permalink))
Bhautik Kawa
bhautik.kawa is on a distinguished road

bhautik.kawa
Community Manager at ManagementParadise.com
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Group Discussion queries - May 13th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by venisingh216 View Post
What we should do... in a group discussion.. is there or particular body language which can affect or attract others.. ??? heard by a senior that your personality does more than half work..
Hello friend,

I like to share with you a video on How to Discuss a Topic in a Group, hope it may help you.

Click here to see video : ~ Tips for How to Discuss a Topic in a Group

1.READ RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING.REFER FAQS.
2.USE SEARCH OPTIONS.DO NOT ASK FOR PROJECTS.
3.DO NOT POST YOU MAIL IDS.
4.CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON TO THANK A PERSON.
5.DO NOT POST REGARDING HOW INFORMATIVE/HELPFUL A THREAD WAS, RATE IT.
6.POST IN CORRECT SECTIONS.DO NOT SPAM.

|
Old
Jaxson Smith
Jaxson is an unknown quantity at this point

Jaxson
Re: Group Discussion queries - March 1st, 2020

Useful post and information. Thanks for posting.