Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform International MBA > GMAT

Study in Canada

Discuss Study in Canada within the GMAT forums, part of the International MBA category; is GMAT exam compulsory to study in Canada ? Advertisements...

Study in Canada
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Awani Patil
awani.patil6 is an unknown quantity at this point

awani.patil6
Study in Canada - June 25th, 2015

is GMAT exam compulsory to study in Canada ?
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Re: Study in Canada
Old
 (2 (permalink))
Bhautik Kawa
bhautik.kawa is on a distinguished road

bhautik.kawa
Community Manager at ManagementParadise.com
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Study in Canada - June 25th, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by awani.patil6 View Post
is GMAT exam compulsory to study in Canada ?
Canadian BSchools require 16 years of undergraduate education. That is, four years of education after High School/Junior College.

If you have a three year degree from an Australian, Indian, New Zealand university or such similar three year degree programs, you will not be eligible for admission to most MBA programs. You would require a professional four-year degree like engineering or other such courses.

Most bschools in Canada require a minimum GPA of 3.0 - 3.5 (More than 70%) for admission to the MBA program.

Admissions to Canadian business schools are extremely competitive.

GMAT is required for most MBA programs in Canada. It is also one of the most important criteria for admissions. If you are planning to study in a Canadian bschool, you must score high in this exam. For more information on GMAT, check out About GMAT

Note:
For international students, GMAT is required not just for admission to the MBA program but also for student visa. Your chances of getting a student visa are weakened if you do not take the GMAT, even if you have an admission from a bschool.

This is because the visa officers assume that the student is not serious if he/she has not taken the GMAT. You would be looked at as a potential immigrant if they don't consider you to be a serious student

1.READ RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING.REFER FAQS.
2.USE SEARCH OPTIONS.DO NOT ASK FOR PROJECTS.
3.DO NOT POST YOU MAIL IDS.
4.CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON TO THANK A PERSON.
5.DO NOT POST REGARDING HOW INFORMATIVE/HELPFUL A THREAD WAS, RATE IT.
6.POST IN CORRECT SECTIONS.DO NOT SPAM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old
 (3 (permalink))
Neenad Sarang
neenadsarangj is an unknown quantity at this point

neenadsarangj
Re: Study in Canada - June 29th, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhautik.kawa View Post
Canadian BSchools require 16 years of undergraduate education. That is, four years of education after High School/Junior College.

If you have a three year degree from an Australian, Indian, New Zealand university or such similar three year degree programs, you will not be eligible for admission to most MBA programs. You would require a professional four-year degree like engineering or other such courses.

Most bschools in Canada require a minimum GPA of 3.0 - 3.5 (More than 70%) for admission to the MBA program.

Admissions to Canadian business schools are extremely competitive.

GMAT is required for most MBA programs in Canada. It is also one of the most important criteria for admissions. If you are planning to study in a Canadian bschool, you must score high in this exam. For more information on GMAT, check out About GMAT

Note:
For international students, GMAT is required not just for admission to the MBA program but also for student visa. Your chances of getting a student visa are weakened if you do not take the GMAT, even if you have an admission from a bschool.

This is because the visa officers assume that the student is not serious if he/she has not taken the GMAT. You would be looked at as a potential immigrant if they don't consider you to be a serious student

Thanks Bhautik for valuable information on Higher Studies Abroad.

I also will Like to Share a Link of Project on College Management System
Old
 (4 (permalink))
Jiten Mazee
jitenmazee is on a distinguished road

jitenmazee
Student of Bachelor of Engineering at HAKIM ABDUL HAMID UNANI MEDICAL COLLEGE
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru

Re: Study in Canada - October 31st, 2015

Yes GMAT is mandatory for the further study in Canada. Canadian B-schools probably have the lowest GMAT requirement than the other universities in the world.
Old
 (5 (permalink))
Sachin Patel
MasterPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

MasterPhil
Management Paradise Newbie

Re: Study in Canada - October 31st, 2015

I am an IT professional and I have around 7 years of work experience. I plan to purse my education further and do an MBA. I am on the hunt for good B schools. I haven%u2019t made up my mind about which overseas destination I want to go and study as yet. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out by giving me the important factors one should consider while choosing a B school?