AGAIN RAIN ??? IN MUMBAI ???

Unceasing heavy downpour continued to lash Mumbai as well as several parts of Maharashtra on Sunday, paralysing normal life as many roads remained under water and several flights were diverted.

The metropolis suffered chock-a-block traffic due to flooded roads and subways. Water logging was reported in many neighbourhoods of Mumbai including Andheri, Milan and Khar subways as well as Chembur, a central suburb.

The roads were submerged around the Sion Circle area, Hind Mata Chowk and Chunabhatti areas in central Mumbai.

Several flights were diverted from the city as visibility was down to only 300 metres at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Termial airport. Some flights were delayed by more than an hour Sunday.

According to railway officials, a number of long distance as well as suburban local trains were running slow.

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has warned citizens that heavy showers might continue and asked them not to venture out of their homes unless necessary.

The meteorological department predicted heavy rains for till Monday noon.

Pune was also hit by heavy showers with its main rivers Mula and Muthha flowing above the danger mark. A flood alert was issued after 25,000 cusecs of water was released from the Khadakvasla dam.

More than 13,000 people have been evacuated from marooned villages in Nanded district, in the Marathwada region where 25 villages were reportedly cut off completely by floods.

The situation was similar in Gadchiroli district in Vidarbha region. The army, navy and air force were helping with rescue operations in the flood-affected places. The Nanded-Nagpur-Akola-Hyderabad road has been closed to traffic, officials said.

ajay.surana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I stay in Vile Parle, Mumbai.....from last 12 hours its vigorous raining here. We got the OFF today from college. Harbor line is already dead. Central line is also choked between Dadar and Kurla. We all are stuck to our rooms. I don’t know what to do in this rain?????????/

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Thanks For the info guys, i stay in bhayander and i travel upto malad daily, its all normal here till now, even trains are running on time, no traffic on roads due to sunday morning, We will try to keep updating this thread for the rain news ;-)

chetanjain

Unceasing heavy downpour continued to lash Mumbai as well as several parts of Maharashtra on Sunday, paralysing normal life as many roads remained under water and several flights were diverted.

The metropolis suffered chock-a-block traffic due to flooded roads and subways. Water logging was reported in many neighbourhoods of Mumbai including Andheri, Milan and Khar subways as well as Chembur, a central suburb.

The roads were submerged around the Sion Circle area, Hind Mata Chowk and Chunabhatti areas in central Mumbai.

Several flights were diverted from the city as visibility was down to only 300 metres at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Termial airport. Some flights were delayed by more than an hour Sunday.

According to railway officials, a number of long distance as well as suburban local trains were running slow.

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has warned citizens that heavy showers might continue and asked them not to venture out of their homes unless necessary.

Pune was also hit by heavy showers with its main rivers Mula and Muthha flowing above the danger mark. A flood alert was issued after 25,000 cusecs of water was released from the Khadakvasla dam.

More than 13,000 people have been evacuated from marooned villages in Nanded district, in the Marathwada region where 25 villages were reportedly cut off completely by floods.

The situation was similar in Gadchiroli district in Vidarbha region. The army, navy and air force were helping with rescue operations in the flood-affected places. The Nanded-Nagpur-Akola-Hyderabad road has been closed to traffic, officials said.

there should not be acid rain in mumbai..

planets4me

hey ppl this is what we call life it's not only abt comfort but learn to leave lets us take rains positively and enjoy.....

Deepa P

thats rite vinu i also agree that we people r responsible for the condition, we tend to throw the wastes on road n leave the rest on BMC ......we shud try ourselves to keep the place clean this will definitely not lead to choking of drainage n all which causes all such problems

ya dats rite we must stop blaming BMC n start working fro our betterment

Last edited by a moderator:

hiral

hey do u think BMC has done its wrk properly after 26/7?????