"JSt a Thought"

deya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey people,

When i ws working with Ingram Micro, I used 2 attend da HR review meets on every friday, where da HR head used 2 address us n talk 2 us n give us advices n stuff.

The other day i ws reading da minutes of da meeting n came across a thought which he had taught us, so jst thought of sharing tht with u all.

He sed " we generally concentrate on completing URGENT things 1st, n tht leaves us with ignoring da IMPORTANT things. We should always learn to strike a balance between wts urgent & wts important. This difference makes a lot of difference in work n in lives 2."

What do u guys hv 2 say abt it???? I really thing its IMP n a nice though, We really need 2 understand wts urgent n wts important.

Post ur thoughts....

deya

piyazcool

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
u knw Deya.. in times of Urgencies .. there are NO SHOWS by Candidates i hate that ... n at this point of my life i Feel commitment is IMPORTANT from the candidate! lol

deya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
lol priya... u r rite........he ws tellin dis 2 us from our working style way u kno.....we always tend 2 do da urgent stuffs, n leave da imp stuffs......

deya

faizanbms

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
nice 1 so atleast now we can undrstand n make out wat is more imp which depends upon d situation......

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Okay.. heres a twist.. what is urgent is also imporatnt..because if it was not important.. it wouldnt be urgent in the first place.

Chew on that . :)

deya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
kartik u r rite urgent things r imp n its true....lemme give u an example....2 understand da diff,

c for nw ur main focus is on da book if m nt wrong.......thts urgent, bt imp is yet 2 hv da rules n regulations, yet 2 c u r posting in most of da queries, n helping most MP members n guests......thts an example of a gud manager.....jst cause 1 thing becomes urgent we 4get other stuffzzz, n wait 4 it 2 cum 2 da urgent position...

Like we vl sit 2 make da project only when da deadline is in 2 days.....we vl study 4 da test only when we kno its 2mrw.......thtz working 4 only urgent stuff.....n a gud manager 2 shud kno 2 strike a bal...

ok enough of gyan!! m nt even a grad!! lost my mind completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deya:p

piyazcool

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
kartik said:
Okay.. heres a twist.. what is urgent is also imporatnt..because if it was not important.. it wouldnt be urgent in the first place.

Chew on that . :)

now that was sumthing good to chew on.. but not all things that have urgency r important ..n not all important things are urgent like makin ur CAreer is imp but NOT urgent!!!

chew on this ....:tea:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
ofcourse all things that are urgent are important.. else you would not call it urgent..

Name one urgent thing which can be ignored for something important ;)

j_ritu

well..
i agree when u say urgent things are important, but id rather expand and say its importance is for a shorter while as compared to REALLY IMPORTANT things which we look at for the long term..what is urgent has to be done then n there coz that could impact our performance of other important things...which brings us to the deduction that u gotta strike a balance between the two coz both go hand in hand..and difficult though it is to balance, it is not impossible...

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
But then.. what is so great about the saying then.. Dont you generally balance between the two in business anyways ?

j_ritu

i guess the HR tried to say tht we shuld balance d two and not completely IGNORE important things in life for the sake of the URGENT, which we generally tend to do even if unconsciously...

bonddonraj

MP Guru
you are hungry and you are eating burger in a corner it is importent..... now you dont have money to pay that ......you run as fast as you can that is urgent....he he...he...

when something urgent, we dont have any thought in our mind...our first aim is to do that thing only and that also quickly......

n when something important, we can do it as quickly as possible but just we shud not forget that thing to do...... it must do it........

but there is very slight difference btwn these 2 terms i guess..........