Do banning fashion shows and New Year parties save our culture?

manishsinghon

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi friends,

The culture of fashion shows and new year parties in India is borrowed from the western countries, and is now penetrating the youth of country ,although affects our culture to some extent. But i don’t think that Indian fashion shows and new year parties are the only reasons. Ban is a very harsh word used for anything.

Socially, a very large part of the society will not be willing to accept such a ban and hence shows of disagreement may burst down to the roads resulting in the disruption of peace. Our culture is also affected by western attire, product, movies, music etc. Fashion is just an exposure of your talent and beauty. The Indian culture we believe is about respect for elders, keeping integrity intact and not about the absence of free will. Indian culture is not about wearing only ‘sarees’. Its the government’s duty to decide what is wrong and what is right?

Please share your views…

The question should be reverse, who decide our culture and who are the ones to ban our birth right, freedom of speech. When we ban something to save our culture that means we do not have enough faith on our culture itself. One of the best culture we have and myriads of tourists come long way to see it. Now, banning parties and fashion show would be ridiculous step to protect our culture because there is a lack of correlation between this two factors.

i don%u2019t think so such type of actions can save our culture. As we are going in a party, it does not mean we are running out of our culture, its only for the entertainment purpose. We have respect for our culture and parties are meant for celebration, enjoying & chilling out with our friends and closed one.