ManagementParadise.com : Worlds Leading Management Portal. MBA | Classroom, Boardroom and Beyond

Go Back   ManagementParadise.com Forums - Your MBA Online Degree Program and Management Students Forum for MBA,BMS, MMS, BMM, BBA, students & aspirants. > Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > General Talks

MBA College selection questions answered by experts

MBA College selection questions answered by experts

Discuss MBA College selection questions answered by experts within the General Talks forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; Question : i hav completed my bms but not given any entrance exam...i hav heard of mba @ mmk college ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Re: College selection questions answered by experts
Old
Management Paradise
mp_connect is an unknown quantity at this point

mp_connect
Re: College selection questions answered by experts - May 24th, 2012

Question : i hav completed my bms but not given any entrance exam...i hav heard of mba @ mmk college which does not require entrance xam....is it good? Or plz suggest some other opt
Answer : MMK is def not a part of our recommended list. some average colleges, do conduct their own entrance tests for PG programs. Try MET, IBS Powai, United World and a few other institutes. Why don't you appear for the exams next season and get into better institutes ??
Hemang Panchmatia - Director , CREDence Academy.

Answer: The definition of a good college depends on indivdual perspective. For us, a good college in Maharashtra would be JBIMS, Sydenham and so on. So in case you feel you do not want to go through the entrance examination grind, then you can have many other options like the one you have listed above.
Patrick D'souza, Quoin Academy
Friends: (0)
Related to MBA College selection questions answered by experts

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAT 2000 , Paper pattern, an analysis Kartik Raichura Preparation Resources/ General CAT queries and info !! 3 July 14th, 2007 07:59 PM
CAT 2002 : Paper pattern , an analysis Kartik Raichura Preparation Resources/ General CAT queries and info !! 1 May 31st, 2006 11:47 PM
How to Analyse MOCKCATS paperwala Preparation Resources/ General CAT queries and info !! 0 May 6th, 2006 02:38 PM
CAT 2001 : Paper pattern , an analysis Kartik Raichura Preparation Resources/ General CAT queries and info !! 0 January 5th, 2005 11:05 PM

Old
Management Paradise

mp_connect

Question : is it fine if i do mba from any college which is recognized by MU and UGC?
[B]Answer :[/B Please be careful about the accreditation. It will be better if you can name the college, you are considering. We are comfortable with a few colleges like IBS Powai

Answer: It is always a good idea to pursue an MBA from a recognised institution since it makes you eligible to opt for further education. for example, for pursuing a P.hD you will need a post graduate degree from a institute recognised by the UGC. Patrick D'souza, Quoin Academy
Old
Management Paradise

mp_connect

Question : Which are the best coaching classes in mumbai (Borivali) for the preparation of CATS & CMET..?
Answer : As Director at CREDence, it is impossible for me to recommend other names ... Do your research well .. talk to students and seniors and get their view.
Old
Management Paradise

mp_connect

Question : I m nw in TYBMS means has given exam in april. I hv decided to take a break 4 a year then i wl have job expereince n i wl prepare 4 CMAT next year i wl take admission 4 MBA. which is best coll in PUNE except symbi?
Answer : Apart from Symbiosis, you can look at PUMBA. There are many other colleges in Pune, but Symbi instis are amogst the best in Pune.

Answer: Hi, kindly refer to the following link: TOP MBA COLLEGES IN PUNE, 2012-2013, BEST MBA INSTITUTES, SCHOOLS, PUNE.

Old
Management Paradise

mp_connect

Question : Newly opened Colleges which promises to deliver the best OR Already established ones?
Answer : Already established ones... B-Schools take a very long time to establish themselves. If you look at the list of Top 20 B-Schools, you will know.... Only exception will be the newer IIMs which can be trusted because of the IIM brand. I can give more specific answers, if you can names the colleges you are considering.

Answer: The answer to your question entire depends on your own perception. Recognized colleges are time tested when it comes to industry exposure, placements and education standards. New colleges may or may not have any credibility. So, at the end of the day, it is choice you make and decide your own risk return strategy.

Old
Management Paradise

mp_connect
Re: College selection questions answered by experts - May 25th, 2012

Question : I am unable to still decde what specialization should i for !! I am a BMS student for MU with specialization in Marketing and retail management. but now i wanna go for finance but dont know whats holding me back. i really wana take up finance but i am not good at it u can say i am low in confidence...... kindely help me in selecting specialization subject.
Answer : Do not worry about this question at this stage. You need to select your specialization only at the start of the second year of MBA. The first year will expose you to all subjects and you will be in a better position to decide. Most importantly, speak to people working in different domains and see what work excites you..
Re: MBA College selection questions answered by experts
Old
Management Paradise

mp_connect
Re: MBA College selection questions answered by experts - May 25th, 2012

Question : Which colleges offer MBA not MMS?
Answer : Do not worry about this question at this stage. You need to select your specialization only at the start of the second year of MBA. The first year will expose you to all subjects and you will be in a better position to decide. Most importantly, speak to people working in different domains and see what work excites you..

Answer: MMS is the degree offered by Mumbai university. Some deemed univeristies like NM have named their degree as MBA. Some colleges offer PGDM ... MBA is the generic term used in India for post-graduation in Business Studies. Worry about the college you enter and not about what the degee is called.
Old
Management Paradise

mp_connect

Question : i m having a 1 yr experience of HR and also ready to pg mba ...pls answer my queries soon

Answer: Hi, we are not able to understand your question. Assuming that you are looking forward to pursue your Mba in HR, you can appear for any entrance examination like CAT, CMAT, SNAP, NMAT, etc for enrolling for the same.
Old
Management Paradise

mp_connect

Question : What is your opinion about IIPM college?? whether its good col or nt ?? should i take admission there or nt?? will i get placement after that??
Answer : We def do not recommend IIPM to any student. Placements are not upto mark. Another important issue, is the complete absence of any accreditation .... the degree will not be recognized by most corporates in India. Please be very careful abt joining such institutes.

Answer: For college specific queries alumnis or seniors are the best source of information. Kindly get in touch with them..
Old
Hafsha Farooq
hafsha_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hafsha_1
Student of BMS
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Re: MBA College selection questions answered by experts - July 13th, 2013

I am working as a Hr executive since last two years and this year i just completed my tybms..i want to pursue mba though i have not applied for cmat entrance
i am actually confused because i am planning to do mba in hr and there is one institute WLCI Business School, Management College, B School, Business Management Institute[/url] i like the concept of this institute..plus the placement is also good so please suggest me what should i do?should i go for cmat or shud take admission in this institute as here there is personal test and procedure is there...awaiting for a better advice damn confused