Role of Media in Democracy

Malika.Munjal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
"If it were left on me to decide whether we should have government without newspapers or newspapers without government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter"
-Thomas Jefferson

Whats your take on this?

Malika.Munjal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
As we all know, "Democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people".
The people have the right to hold the government accountable and change it, if the knew what was doing. So, in a way , Public opinion here becomes very important. That is why, there is a need to inform about the thing going on around them , so that they can keep an eye and check on the government. And of course, who can perform this task better than Media?

pranavdash

Media plays a vital role in shaping a healthy democracy. it's the backbone of a democracy. Media makes us awake to numerous social, political and economical activities happening round the world. it's sort of a mirror, that shows us or strives to point out us the blank truth and harsh realities of life.

Malika.Munjal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Media of India has developed over years and it is now actively involved in communicating the existing democracy and thus people get the knowledge on working and efficiency of democracy. So does democracy gets views on how people react to its working. Media these days has become crucial in bringing important changes in society.