Cricket Vs Other Games

sanchu_89

In India do we have only one game i.e. Cricket. Games like hockey,tennis,table-tennis,squash,badminton,football are available in India or not??? I don't think so. People are not even knowing the names of team members of Indian football,hockey,etc team. But people are knowing name of players of other countries in Cricket. In India we have such a big platform for Cricket like IPL why we don't have for other games.

pranavdash

In India cricket is the most popular game among all.In India three categories are well known by common man.First Bollywood stars,Second Cricketers and third is Politicians.In India its like a religion and cricketers are worshiped.Cricket is like life for some fans in this country. Other games are having no value in comparison to cricket in India.India's national game is Hockey.National game has negligible fame,funds and fans .Any one hardly thinks about any game other than cricket in country.Indians should also take interest in other games.Give some reason and spot to players and athletes which may encourage them for better performance at world level.

sanchu_89

Hockey being a National game can't attract people then how can anyone will show interest in other games too. We don't even have proper grounds, coaches, etc for other games.

Malika.Munjal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
In India do we have only one game i.e. Cricket. Games like hockey,tennis,table-tennis,squash,badminton,football are available in India or not??? I don't think so. People are not even knowing the names of team members of Indian football,hockey,etc team. But people are knowing name of players of other countries in Cricket. In India we have such a big platform for Cricket like IPL why we don't have for other games.

That's true, but i believe its quite discriminating for the players of other games. And its Bad!

Malika.Munjal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Not knowing even the names of players of other game is no less than an insult to the hard work of other game players!

sanchu_89

Yes thats true but how can we promote other games in India where people know about cricket only. Its too hard to make them realize about other games.

shivibhanot

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Fans give moral support to the players. So do encourage all games.Hopefully this may give at least one Tendulkar to all games in country.
Remember when a player wins,the country wins and so the game .