Is The Consumer really the King Of India??

sanchu_89

I think the clause is correct that "CONSUMER IS THE KING OF MARKET", it is so in foreign markets but certainly that not the case in India. Here shopkeepers are the KINGS. They cheat the customers by selling cheap things at higher price and customers has to buy those things as they need it. Although customers are not helpless in such cases, they can complain in consumer courts, but then also there is a wastage of money and time.

Actually biggest problem in this country is corruption. Shopkeepers store the things in their godown and as price shoots up they sell the things with high profits. And if we complain the officials, they go to the godown, fill their pockets and come back without taking any action.

pranavdash

Yes the consumer is the king of the market because the success of the business is totally depend on the consumer. As we all known the marketing starts with the consumer needs and ends with the fulfillment of the needs of the consumer:SugarwareZ-250:

sanchu_89

Yup each and every product whether its a pen or a car the success of the product totally depends on the consumer whether he like it or not. Thats why each and every product have to give test for "Customer Satisfaction".

nidzi_MP

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Yes the consumer is the king of the market because the success of the business is totally depend on the consumer. As we all known the marketing starts with the consumer needs and ends with the fulfillment of the needs of the consumer:SugarwareZ-250:

Correctly said pranav.... u know a product or service is developed keeping in minds the needs & wants of customer/ consumer...

The success of the firm totally depends upon the attitude of customers towards the product.

:SugarwareZ-026:

sanchu_89

Product is developed for a consumer only so success of a product also depends on the choice of the consumer.

kadam.monika

While its correct that market demand is mostly driven by the ever changing needs and wants of the consumer, the forced demand created in the market due to the deliberate short supply cannot be considered consumer driven. Such a demand is supplier driven.

Malika.Munjal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think the clause is correct that "CONSUMER IS THE KING OF MARKET", it is so in foreign markets but certainly that not the case in India. Here shopkeepers are the KINGS. They cheat the customers by selling cheap things at higher price and customers has to buy those things as they need it. Although customers are not helpless in such cases, they can complain in consumer courts, but then also there is a wastage of money and time.

Actually biggest problem in this country is corruption. Shopkeepers store the things in their godown and as price shoots up they sell the things with high profits. And if we complain the officials, they go to the godown, fill their pockets and come back without taking any action.

I dont think, It has been years that has been changed in India as well. From Caveat Vendetor , it has already become Caveat Empetor.. Well, let me remind u the case when a customer found a worm in the bottle of coca cola. And the agent from the city specially came to him and gave him fresh two coca cola bottles, one kurkure and one kit kat packet in his hand requesting him not to file a case against the company!

Consumer is king everywhere. Consumers are the godfather of the business. Whom you will sell the product, this one question will provide you with all the answers.

:SugarwareZ-079: