The Supermoon Phenonmenon Worrying People

sunandaC

On March 19th 2011, the moon will make its closest approach to Earth in almost 20 years, possibly triggering earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and other disasters.

It is said "The phenomenon, called lunar perigee or Supermoon, happens when the moon reaches its absolute closest point to Earth. On March 19, the natural satellite will be only 221,567 miles away from our planet.

There were Supermoons in 1955, 1974, 1992 and 2005, and these years had their share of extreme weather conditions, too. Although there are scientific laws that say the moon affects the Earth, it's still ambiguous whether the lunar perigee and natural disasters is coincidence or not.

Two days after online warnings that the Supermoon might trigger disasters, the devastating Japanese tsunami forced everyone to think - could the movement of the moon cause natural calamities?

"Supermoons have a historical association with strong storms, very high tides, extreme tides and also earthquakes," the Daily Mail quoted astrologer Richard Nolle, who first coined the term in 1979, as saying in an interview with ABC radio."

Now this supermoon which can tentatively create natural disasters ....................in such condition on the 19th i mean tomorrow what was is your plan of action..... lets see. do you believe in this point of thought is yess why and even if NO why..do you believe that as predicted by scientist...... a natural disaster ??

you gonna be at home?

supermoon.jpg

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
The moon definitely has impact on sea waves which is why you have high tides during full moon. I concur to the opinion that stars affect our planet and tomorrow has to have something in store for us. We'll find out tomorrow what it is now, wont we ;)

gala01

As said by kartik... moon has effect on waves... similarly there can be something disastrous tommorrow.. lets pray for the well being of any one..
talking about me for tomm... i have open day of prelims and may be i go for income tax return filing... let me tell you friends.. pray but dont stop living... nature will do what he wants too.. all the best everyone... May God bless you all....

PR_mp

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I agree with Sagar...There are many things that take place in nature which we are not aware of also...So we should live as we are living whatever would happen will happen nothing can stop it. :)

Within a few day, the Earth could be headed for a big showdown. Some experts
also claimed that huge storms, earthquakes, volcanoes and other natural
disasters will occur on Saturday, Mar 19. On the very day, the moon will
swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years.

Extreme Super Moon is the term coined by those who are well versed in the
Art of the Nine Revolving Heavens