Puzzles

There is a man who lives on the top floor of a very tall building.
Every day he gets the elevator down to the ground floor to leave the building to go to work. Upon returning from work though, he can only travel half way up in the lift and has to walk the rest of the way unless it's raining! Why?

A man is wearing black. Black shoes, socks, trousers, lumper, gloves and balaclava. He is walking down a black street with all the street lamps off. A black car is coming towards him with its light off but somehow manages to stop in time. How did the driver see the man?

Old Mr. Tidy was found dead in his study by Mr. Fiend. Mr. Fiend recounted his dismal discovery to the police. "I was walking by Mr. Tidy`s house when I thought I would just pop in for a visit. I noticed his study light was on and I decided to peek in from the outside to see if he was in there. There was frost on the window so I had to wipe it away to see inside. That is when I saw his body. So I kicked in the front door to confirm my suspicions of foul play. I called the police immediately afterward." The officer immediately arrested Mr. Fiend for the murder of Mr. Tidy. How did he know Mr. Fiend was lying?

There are three switches downstairs. Each corresponds to one of the three light bulbs in the attic. You can turn the switches on and off and leave them in any position.
How would you identify which switch corresponds to which light bulb, if you are only allowed one trip upstairs?

Your last good ping-pong ball fell down into a narrow metal pipe imbedded in concrete one foot deep.
How can you get it out undamaged, if all the tools you have are your tennis paddle, your shoe-laces, and your plastic water bottle, which does not fit into the pipe?

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
There is a man who lives on the top floor of a very tall building.
Every day he gets the elevator down to the ground floor to leave the building to go to work. Upon returning from work though, he can only travel half way up in the lift and has to walk the rest of the way unless it's raining! Why?

The man is very, very short and can only reach halfway up the elevator buttons. However, if it is raining then he will have his umbrella with him and can press the higher buttons with it.

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Old Mr. Tidy was found dead in his study by Mr. Fiend. Mr. Fiend recounted his dismal discovery to the police. "I was walking by Mr. Tidy`s house when I thought I would just pop in for a visit. I noticed his study light was on and I decided to peek in from the outside to see if he was in there. There was frost on the window so I had to wipe it away to see inside. That is when I saw his body. So I kicked in the front door to confirm my suspicions of foul play. I called the police immediately afterward." The officer immediately arrested Mr. Fiend for the murder of Mr. Tidy. How did he know Mr. Fiend was lying?

Frost forms on the inside of the window not the outside. So Mr. Fiend could not have wiped it off to discover Mr. Tidy`s body.

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
There are three switches downstairs. Each corresponds to one of the three light bulbs in the attic. You can turn the switches on and off and leave them in any position.
How would you identify which switch corresponds to which light bulb, if you are only allowed one trip upstairs?

Turn one switch on, leave it on for a while, turn it off and turn another on and run to the attic.

The bulb that is off but still warm goes to the first switch, the bulb that is on goes to the second switch, the bulb that is off goes to the final switch. . .

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Your last good ping-pong ball fell down into a narrow metal pipe imbedded in concrete one foot deep.
How can you get it out undamaged, if all the tools you have are your tennis paddle, your shoe-laces, and your plastic water bottle, which does not fit into the pipe?

Use the water from the bottle to fill the hole and the ball will come floating up..

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
A man is wearing black. Black shoes, socks, trousers, lumper, gloves and balaclava. He is walking down a black street with all the street lamps off. A black car is coming towards him with its light off but somehow manages to stop in time. How did the driver see the man?

I guess may be its a DAY TIME........................................

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
try this...

There are six eggs in the basket, six people take one egg each...
How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?

V

vardhanvishnug

The car has got its headlights na so the driver might be able to see
Mr friend called the police saying mr tidy is dead then how can 2 people be lying at the same time

There were two ducks in front of a duck and two ducks behind a duck, and one duck in the middle. How many ducks were there in total?

I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and on my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I?

Jack and Jill are lying on the floor inside the house, dead. They died from lack of water. There is shattered glass next to them. How did they die?

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
The car has got its headlights na so the driver might be able to see
Mr friend called the police saying mr tidy is dead then how can 2 people be lying at the same time

But the headlights of the car are stated to be off.. then how will the driver able to see.......................

There is this 6 digit number! The tens digit is 2 more than the ones digit. The hundreds digit is 2 less than the tens digit. Now the hundreds digit is again equal to the thousands digit. The ten thousands digit is 2 more than the thousands digit and the hundred thousands digit is 2 less than the ten thousands digit.

An apple begins with me and age too. I am in the midst of a man and foremost in every apprehension. You will find me in everyday and see me in all Autumns. It's a pity that you cannot see me in the air and yet it's so wonderful to be a part of the great Atlantic ocean! Guess what am I?