do south indians despise Hindi?

Why is it that i never see talking them in hindi?.My familiy once visited ooty and they were telling me that the taxi driver at the rly station was not talking to them properly and was talking in english.Why the hate towards the matra bhasa

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
In south India, people are not taught Hindi as a language. Even, in every schools, Hindi is not considered as a compulsory language. So, i think thats the reason, they dont know Hindi.

V

vardhanvishnug

yup most of the south indians doesnt know hindi because its not compulsory in schools and colleges but later it was made compulsory in schools but not colleges and also the south indian languages are more influenced by sanskrit but devanagiri script is not adapted

Malika.Munjal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its not that they hate their mother language Hindi, its only that they are not so fleunt in it because, they do not use it the way we use it in our daily life fsince our childhood!

I think many of south Indians don't know Hindi so it does not man that they hate Hindi. Hindi is the national language but south Indian have their own mother tongue. And we all are free to speak our mother tongue and learn it instead of speaking in Hindi.