online cat VS paper pencil cat

V

vardhanvishnug

Re: online VS. paper pencil cat

its always paper and pencil which makes us very much comfortable as we were doing it since our childhood

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

Apart from what Vishnu said, I wud say that shifting the mindset of people from paper based format to computer based format would be difficult. It would be also difficult for People from remote areas or who do not have access to internet. It may be time consuming for them. Also for the rough work, in an offline paper-pencil test, you can do it on the question paper itself but in online test it would be difficult.

The Common Admission Test (CAT), for admission to the elite Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other B-Schools of India, made its online debut in 2009. CAT 2009 was marred by technical glitches at numerous examination centres across the country. This further led to the conduct of a Second Phase of CAT 2009 on January 30-31, 2010. The results of CAT 2009 were first scheduled to be announced in the third week of February, but were then delayed and announced on February 28, 2010. After all the hoopla surrounding the online version of CAT 2009, do you still feel that CAT 2010 be kept online? Or should the IIMs revert back to its original paper-pencil format for the examination?

opportunity

we r habituated giving Exams with paper -pen/pencil format for last 20 years ..so its quite tough giving online exams ..we have to look up and down continously and it creates more strain..i would go for paper-pen/pencil.