English Section in competitive exams

cythorion

I dont see a reason why i should learn the meaning of never-heard-before and never-gonna-hear-again english words just to pass an exam which aims at checking the mental aptitude!

What do you think? Should the highly competitive exams focus so highly on remembering the meanings of rarely used english words?

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
English language i becoming a necessity now a days. Through giving such exams and learning tough words, i think its good. It improves our vocabulary and develops the skills which are necessary for us..

Paramjeet_1988

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
@Cyril then how do u think that competitive exams are going to check your vocabulary knowledge asking meaning of the simple words??, in this competitive world best will survive and who says that we are not going to use these words again??
I am sure if we learn 10 words then we will use at least 1 word while speaking english so it is not as if remembering and forgetting, it improves our english definitely no doubt.

alexmax021

English language i becoming a necessity now a days. Through giving such exams and learning tough words, i think its good. It improves our vocabulary and develops the skills which are necessary for us..

I also think so.
Thanks you for the post.

rapidsphare

No matter how hard you study for your Entrance Examinations, you can never be too sure of your efforts. But, now you can put all those doubts to rest with the help of cExams.

geeky

english is the language you cannot afford to be unaware of. it is the most needed language worldwide. if you are an aspiring MBA student, you need to prepare yourself well with the knowledge of English. read newspapers, books and magazines to gear up on your vocabulary and grammar.

geeky

hi cyril,
you need to improve your vocabulary, to be able to cope with reference to context and comprehensions better. you might come across words that are completely alien to you, if you are not prepared well. if you have a strong vocabulary, your language will be strong too.

Varundamark

having a strong vocab is one thing, but I do feel that reading extensively is the way to achieve it, not mugging up word-lists for competitive exams.

ankanghoshal

It is estimated that there is are 380 million native speakers and 300 million that utilize English as a second language and an additional100 million who use it as a foreign language.

It is the language of science, of aviation, computers, diplomacy, and tourism.

English is the official or co-official language from 45 countries and is spoken extensively in other countries where it does not have official position because is needed in many fields and jobs.

cheers

Ankan Ghoshal
Student 2010-12 Batch
FOSTIIMA

ankanghoshal

It is estimated that there is are 380 million native speakers and 300 million that utilize English as a second language and an additional100 million who use it as a foreign language.

It is the language of science, of aviation, computers, diplomacy, and tourism.

English is the official or co-official language from 45 countries and is spoken extensively in other countries where it does not have official position because is needed in many fields and jobs.

cheers

Ankan Ghoshal
Student 2010-12 Batch
FOSTIIMA Business School

powermanager

@Cyril then how do u think that competitive exams are going to check your vocabulary knowledge asking meaning of the simple words??, in this competitive world best will survive and who says that we are not going to use these words again??
I am sure if we learn 10 words then we will use at least 1 word while speaking english so it is not as if remembering and forgetting, it improves our english definitely no doubt.

yea you are right mate...these competitive exams will improve our English a lot...