Money as a motivator for Job

Alisha Savla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hello,

It seems that almost everything can be bought, if you have money with you. People are very addicted to money because of the idea that if you have money, you have the success, popularity, power and acceptance.

So sometimes due to this fact mostly people look on for a job with high salary . And incentives and Salary hike become the only the motivating factor.

What is your opinion about it.

Regards
Alisha Savla

gawalirohit

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Yeah I agree wht Alisha says but acc to me the most impt things tht a person looks for cannot be bought like:-
1. Peace of mInd
2. Family
3. Love
and many more

Yes, at lower levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, such as Physiological needs, money is a motivator, however it tends to have a motivating effect on staff that lasts only for a short period (in accordance with Herzberg's two-factor model of motivation). At higher levels of the hierarchy, praise, respect, recognition, empowerment and a sense of belonging are far more powerful motivators than money.

Gain and share your knowledge by participating in Yahoo Online GD for
more details check the below link:

http://www.managementparadise.com/f...online-archive-gd/203925-yahoo-online-gd.html

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Every persons has different motivations for working. Whatever your personal reasons for working, the bottom line is that almost everyone works for money.

Money provides the basic necessities and allows leisure activities and eventually retirement. To underplay the importance of money and benefits as motivation for people who work is a mistake.

"Experience, however, shows that neither a state nor a bank ever have had the unrestricted power of issuing paper money without abusing that power; in all states, therefore, the issue of paper money ought to be under some check and control; and none seems so proper for that purpose as that of subjecting the issuers of paper money to the obligation of paying their notes either in gold coin or bullion." --David Ricardo