Ur chance to become a Film Critic...

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hey guyz.......
I m sure u all are fond of movies......
U go watch movies.....u like some and u hate some......
Some like the music of the film, some like the story, some like the acting and so on.......

Starting this week we will give our reviews of latest films released.........
feel free to express ur opinions on the movie...........
This week we'll start with 'Mangal Pandey - The Rising'

Here is my review.......

I think the entire depiction of the movie was fantastic. Really fantastic performance by Aamir Khan. But I think more than Aamir Khan, the best performance was from Toby Stevens. He was absolutely fantastic and i really liked the way he adjusted with the totally new setup for him.

I think the music of the film is quite good. A. R. Rehman as always is good. Specially the title song is really inspiring.

But some parts of the film are boring and according to me unnecessary. This is the result why I think the film has received negative reviews. But I think some critics have been really harsh. It is a good film but I think because of high expectations, it has ended up to be an average film.

Pls do reply wid ur reviews on the film. Next week we'll take up a new film.

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
<< Image deleted by Admin . Reason : Size too Big .>>

i think the movie is not upto the mark but the movie was too slow ...............but before that i saw THE ISLAND

i think the movie THE island is a gr8 action packed movie forth a watch i really like Scarlett

Johansson in the movie .............a pic from the movie

siddhu423

over hyped!

The film was so much hyped that even though it had high level performers like aamir,toby,rani,,,it could not make a good impression...A very good effort by the director to make us know about the 1857 revolt which actually ignited the minds of indians..but the audience was actually confused whether to see the romance between mangal pandey and hira or to watch the war of independence. The song of holi was not at all required when mangal pandey was about to fight...instead it should have a song where the indians aer preparing themselves for the fight...(remember the song in lagaan?)..

if you really want to watch a quality film that could be Iqbaal..less hyped much talked about..!!

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
siddhu423 said:
The film was so much hyped that even though it had high level performers like aamir,toby,rani,,,it could not make a good impression...A very good effort by the director to make us know about the 1857 revolt which actually ignited the minds of indians..but the audience was actually confused whether to see the romance between mangal pandey and hira or to watch the war of independence. The song of holi was not at all required when mangal pandey was about to fight...instead it should have a song where the indians aer preparing themselves for the fight...(remember the song in lagaan?)..

if you really want to watch a quality film that could be Iqbaal..less hyped much talked about..!!

iqbaal is also a good movie not much hyped as siddhu said.........................

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
IQBAL ROCKS !!!!!!

i think u all must hve heard this but hear it goes once again...........
Iqbal certainly rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is one of d best movies i hve ever seen........
really a must see movie............

frankly.....i hve never come accross such reviews of ne films till date........just take a look.........

TOI - ****
Mumbai mirror - ****
DNA - ****
Hindustan times - ****1/2
Mid- Day - *****

not a single critic writer has given a -ve review wich is really amazing......
Really a must see movie..........wat say????

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
hmm.. nice reviews... can ne1 please tel me wht is the central theme of the movie iqbal ??

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Paheli for oscars - wats ur take ?????

Guys..... i m sure u'll know by now.....Paheli has been sent for the Oscars this year as being the only Indian entry.......
Wat ur take on this ??????

i m completely disappointed.........nd i think it was a bad decision.........
ther wer so many brilliant movies in contention like BLACK, SWADES, PAGE 3, ......
Paheli was the worsy of all.........

i think if Black wud have been sent..........it wud hve won us our first oscar.........
Paheli is not even gonna be nominated.........

a real bizzare nd strange decision.......totally unagreeable.........

wat do u say??????

A.J.

Maverick
Re: Paheli for oscars - wats ur take ?????

milind20 said:
Guys..... i m sure u'll know by now.....Paheli has been sent for the Oscars this year as being the only Indian entry.......
Wat ur take on this ??????

i m completely disappointed.........nd i think it was a bad decision.........

Well the only reason they sent Paheli was due to the novelty value of the movie........it's more like an Indian folk tale adapted for the big screen. Something which will appear intriguing to the Oscar panelists.

As far as Black is concerned, I think it was a partial rip-off from some Hollywood flick. Now you don't want to send that kind of stuff to the Oscars, hence that rules it out.

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Re: Paheli for oscars - wats ur take ?????

Ya black for oscars ... right.... its like sending their own movie to them but from another region.... black was a as producers say inspired from "RAY"... indian producrs are so dumb atleast 80 % of them they all copy and cut and paste thats all... lets put down a list of them right noww..... u ppl start first:pound:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Create a new thread for that @ karma ..

For the current discussion ..well .. as for one.. i wasnt aware that black is a cut copy paste .... but i like the acting of amitabh and rani in it. Its worth noticing .. and its any day better than paheli..

Paheli is jus a kiddish story for children :)

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
RANG DE BASANTI......
well let me tell u ther r not many films, the promos of wich force me to go for the first day first show.....
but this one is special - really special !!!!!

I had expected this to be an amazing film....but now tht i hve watched it, i feel i was wrong.......i shud hve expected much more.........coz this is exceptional, one of the most unforgetable films, clearly, i hve ever watched...

trust me ppl (ppl who hve watched it wil agree) this film wil touch ur heart, the story, the message behind the movie, the performances, nd every little thing is fantastic to say the least.....

the movie has everything in it. it wil make u dance (A.R.Rahman does it again), it wil make u smile (watch out fr sharman joshi), it wil make u cry, it wil touch ur heart, it wil inspire u (a lottttttttt), it wil change u, it wil move u up, it wil provoke u to do somethin...........and i wont b surprised if it wil make u do somethin fr the country INDIA......

All the performance frm all the five lukkas frm college, pretty lookin Alice Patten, witty nd gr8 actor Atul Kulkarni nd Soha ALi khan are wonderfull.....but ultimately But ultimately, despite sharing the screen space with others, this is an Aamir Khan film. And the actor, playing a character 15 years younger, lives the role, conveying the right amount of mischief, carefree flippancy, earnestness, insecurity, even breaking down on screen, and keeping his infectious laughter till the very end.

A must see fr every youth, ppl who hate the country, ppl who love the country, ppl who live a carefree life nd ppl who hve been victim to ruthless politics...........A masterpiece, a complete film, highly recommended.......

Rating - ***** (nthin less than this).....ppl i want ur opinion too.......

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
RANG DE BASANTI...... it did nt inspired me by anyways .........i guess i just liked the way the director has projected the movie.................and the movie is ok and amir is superb once again in the movie.........just saw it today...............

siddhu423

hi folks,

just to remind u that if there is a film to be watched ..it is rang de basanti...i should say the film has such a beautiful concept that every indian wud appreciate ..it is the film for all the young people in india..hats off to aamir,rakesh mehra(i dont believe he is the same person who made AKS) and the crew for such a beautiful film..go n watch it guys.

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
guys......its time for we young guns 2 get bac n stop all politicss n coruption...thts wht the movie says....no words 2 describe it...but ITS AMAZING..... worth 5 (*****) easy... aamir rocks... forgien babe speaks awesome hindi.. n cool dailouges... just watch it.. worth watchin...

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Rang De Basanti leaves classrooms empty

rang de basanti is such a great movie. do watch it. this movie has caused the attendance of our college(mithibai) drop to a gr8 extent. the talks abt the movie are all over the campus. Rang De Basanti has recd. a tremendous crowd in the first week - so far.

My view of RANG DE BASANTI

I don't remember when I last saw a movie that had a story to tell and a message to give -- and did so in a real, gritty manner without being either preachy or dreary.

Some people say history is boring. But sometimes walking through the lanes of the past can be enjoyable and gratifying, especially if your guide is someone as gifted as Rakyesh Mehra and companions as spirited as Aamir Khan, Siddharth, Kunal Kapoor and Soha.

If Mehra's directorial debut "Aks" was unusual, his latest "Rang De Basanti" is atypical and awe-inspiring. It is not a patriotic film that bores you by glorifying the past. Instead, it meticulously draws a line between the past and the present, both of which move in parallel lines. If the past shows a group of young martyrs sacrificing their lives to uproot the British from the country, the present has a bunch of college pass-outs clueless about their future.

The film records their transition while they work on a documentary film based on the lives of freedom fighters, a gradual awakening to what life around them is all about.

If Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev fought against British rule, these youngsters wage a war against corrupt politicians who rule and ruin the country.

The film opens in London where young British girl Sue, played by Alice Patten, chances upon the diary of her grandfather, who served as a jailor during the British rule in India. She decides to make a film on the young Indian revolutionaries mentioned in the diary.

The company she works in refuses to sponsor her. It doesn't dampen her spirit and she flies down to India where she meets Sonia, played by Soha Ali Khan, who helps her in realising her dream. Sonia introduces her to DJ (Aamir Khan), Karan (Siddharth), Sukhi (Sharman Joshi), Aslam (Kunal Kapoor). After meeting them, Sue decides to make a film with them on martyrs like Bhagat Singh, Chandrasekhar Azad and Rajguru.

Initially, they surprise her with their cynicism about freedom fighters, India's future and corruption. The youngsters are convinced nobody can propel India in the right direction.

But once they begin enacting the lives of the historical characters comes the transformation in their outlook about the present and their own role in changing it. The death of their friend, Flt. Lt. Ajay Rathod, played by R. Madhavan, ignites their anger against the system and they explode.

The film sends out the message that every generation fights its own set of battles for the country.

Hindu fundamentalists are also targeted in the film through Atul Kulkarni, an extremist who fights to retain his Indian-ness. After watching the film, the pre-release hype over MiG fighter planes seems pointless.

Most films these days have a predictable story and viewers are usually a step ahead in foreseeing what's next. But Mehra proves to be cleverer and keeps the curiosity alive till the end. The climax comes as a big 'surprise'.

Aamir proves his mettle as a cheerful extrovert, though at some places his age betrays him. Anyway, "Rang De Basanti" cannot be termed an out and out Aamir film because the rest of the cast gets equal opportunity to showcase their talents and they don't disappoint you even once.

The film has stellar performances by the entire cast. British actress Alice Patten is brilliant and Soha surprises by her acting prowess. In fact, this could be called her best performance so far.

Om Puri, Kirron Kher and Waheeda Rehman walk in and out of the script in minuscule roles.

A.R. Rahman's music complements the story, but the editing is a little loose and at times obstructs the flow of the story.

In sum, an entertaining film -- and an enlightening one too. Well worth the money spent.