Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > General Talks

Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA

Discuss Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA within the General Talks forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; What is : B.com is bachelors in commerce BBI ( Bachelors in Banking and Insurance ) is a course which ...

Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Paradise Fan
paradise_fan is on a distinguished road

paradise_fan
Student of Bachelors In Management at International College of Xiamen University
XIAMEN, Fujian

Thumbs up Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA - November 3rd, 2009

What is :

B.com is bachelors in commerce

BBI (Bachelors in Banking and Insurance) is a course which lends professionalism to the B.Com course. BBI is a full time course which comprises of 6 semesters i.e 3 years. The programme includes 38 subjects and 2 projects of 100 marks each at the Third year level related to the Banking and Insurance industry which are to be submitted in Semester V and Semester VI respectively.

BMS : Bachelor of Management Studies was introduced by University of Mumbai from the academic year 1999-2000. The objective of the program is to prepare students for middle management positions in various spheres such as marketing, finance, personnel and computers. B.M.S. is a 3-year degree program comprising of 6 semesters and is limited to a batch strength of 60 students per college.

OBJECTIVES:

To create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self employment and also to benefit Industry by providing them with suitable trained persons.
To prepare students to exploit opportunities being newly created in the Management Profession.
To provide adequate basic understanding about Management Education among students.

ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Degree Course in Management Studies shall have passed XII Std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at first attempt + Every eligible candidate has to appear for a common entrance test to be conducted by University of Mumbai for getting admission to this course. Every candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent / affiliated college / recognized institution conducting the course shall have to register himself/herself with the University.

BMM : University of Mumbai introduced the 'Bachelor of Mass Media' course in the year 2000. Duration of course is 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The Course shall consist of 34 Theory papers and 1 project and an internship of 4 weeks duration

BAF : Bachelors in Accounting and Finance. The objective is to create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self- employment and also to benefit the industry by providing them with suitable trained persons in the field of Accounting & Finance. To prepare students to exploit opportunities, being newly created, in the accounting and finance profession. To provide adequate basic understanding about accounting and finance education among the students.

ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) Degree Course shall have passed XII std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at first attempt (45% in case of reserved category). Every Candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent/affiliated college/ recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.

B.F.M. (bachelor of financial markets) course is designed to cater to a niche requirement of professionals in financial markets who can analyse debt, equity, capital and commodities markets with a focus on stock trading, equity research and financial analysis.

================================================== =======

Future prospects :

B.com : A person doing bcom can take up Chartered accountancy or cost accountancy. He can be a financial analyst or take up CS. He has a variety of options and can explore masters degree in Finance or any of the verticals of his choice.

BAF students can do the same as bcom students but they have specialized skillsets in accounting and finance and hence have an edge. Though subjects of import export trade, commerce etc are neglected.

BBI students can take up banking jobs and fill the gaps or they can do a pg course in finance > banking and insurance and climb higher up the ladder.

BMM students end up taking masters in advertising/ journalism, mass communications or at a production house or journalists.

BMS students learn almost 80 % of what is taught in first year of MBA and the obvious choice is to take up mba or take a management trainee position in a reputed company. Exceptions are few of some who start their own ventures.

I'm tired of typing and research. If this helped you, press thanks and make meaningful comments. I hope it inspires you to create your own threads to help others
Advertisements

Last edited by bhautik.kawa; August 23rd, 2015 at 01:53 PM..

Friends: (0)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Re: Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA
Old
 (2 (permalink))
Dharmik Moni
dharmikmoni is an unknown quantity at this point

dharmikmoni
Student of MBA at COMPUSPIRIT
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Member

Institute: COMPUSPIRIT
Re: Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA - July 29th, 2014

Very neat and helpful stuff thanks a lot.
Old
 (3 (permalink))
Sally Sen
sensally123 is an unknown quantity at this point

sensally123
Student of University of Mumbai at University of MUMBAI
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Re: Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA - August 7th, 2014

Very nicely explained.
Thanks! & efforts appreciated.
Old
 (4 (permalink))
Monil Sanghavi
monil.sanghavi.3 is an unknown quantity at this point

monil.sanghavi.3
Re: Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA - April 4th, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradise_fan View Post
What is :

B.com is bachelors in commerce

BBI (Bachelors in Banking and Insurance) is a course which lends professionalism to the B.Com course. BBI is a full time course which comprises of 6 semesters i.e 3 years. The programme includes 38 subjects and 2 projects of 100 marks each at the Third year level related to the Banking and Insurance industry which are to be submitted in Semester V and Semester VI respectively.

BMS : Bachelor of Management Studies was introduced by University of Mumbai from the academic year 1999-2000. The objective of the program is to prepare students for middle management positions in various spheres such as marketing, finance, personnel and computers. B.M.S. is a 3-year degree program comprising of 6 semesters and is limited to a batch strength of 60 students per college.

OBJECTIVES:

To create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self employment and also to benefit Industry by providing them with suitable trained persons.
To prepare students to exploit opportunities being newly created in the Management Profession.
To provide adequate basic understanding about Management Education among students.

ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Degree Course in Management Studies shall have passed XII Std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at first attempt + Every eligible candidate has to appear for a common entrance test to be conducted by University of Mumbai for getting admission to this course. Every candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent / affiliated college / recognized institution conducting the course shall have to register himself/herself with the University.

BMM : University of Mumbai introduced the 'Bachelor of Mass Media' course in the year 2000. Duration of course is 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The Course shall consist of 34 Theory papers and 1 project and an internship of 4 weeks duration

BAF : Bachelors in Accounting and Finance. The objective is to create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self- employment and also to benefit the industry by providing them with suitable trained persons in the field of Accounting & Finance. To prepare students to exploit opportunities, being newly created, in the accounting and finance profession. To provide adequate basic understanding about accounting and finance education among the students.

ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) Degree Course shall have passed XII std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at first attempt (45% in case of reserved category). Every Candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent/affiliated college/ recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.

B.F.M. (bachelor of financial markets) course is designed to cater to a niche requirement of professionals in financial markets who can analyse debt, equity, capital and commodities markets with a focus on stock trading, equity research and financial analysis.

================================================== =======

Future prospects :

B.com : A person doing bcom can take up Chartered accountancy or cost accountancy. He can be a financial analyst or take up CS. He has a variety of options and can explore masters degree in Finance or any of the verticals of his choice.

BAF students can do the same as bcom students but they have specialized skillsets in accounting and finance and hence have an edge. Though subjects of import export trade, commerce etc are neglected.

BBI students can take up banking jobs and fill the gaps or they can do a pg course in finance > banking and insurance and climb higher up the ladder.

BMM students end up taking masters in advertising/ journalism, mass communications or at a production house or journalists.

BMS students learn almost 80 % of what is taught in first year of MBA and the obvious choice is to take up mba or take a management trainee position in a reputed company. Exceptions are few of some who start their own ventures.

I'm tired of typing and research. If this helped you, press thanks and make meaningful comments. I hope it inspires you to create your own threads to help others
hey thank you very much this was the best blog i could find..but one more question if i take commerce is there a chance to do bms and baf at the same time like a double degree...?
Old
 (5 (permalink))
Monil Sanghavi
monil.sanghavi.3 is an unknown quantity at this point

monil.sanghavi.3

how is CA career option now a days.....
Old
 (6 (permalink))
Kartik Raichura
kartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond repute

kartik
Founder & CEO at Management Paradise
Founder & CEO
Management Paradise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monil.sanghavi.3 View Post
how is CA career option now a days.....
CA will always be in demand Also try CWA , CFP , CS , Actuary . They are high paying profiles and in demand as well.

Help Others -> Help Yourself !

Want to work with us and revolutionize management world ? send in a small writeup of what you will do and how with your cv on careers at managementparadise.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Friends: (92)
Old
 (7 (permalink))
Business Education
Business-education is on a distinguished road

Business-education
Student of BMM
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA - May 18th, 2015

I am a BMM student AND with this quite systematic and easy to understand. Thank you so much this is very useful for me and keep posting such important information.
Old
 (8 (permalink))
Anjali Khurana
joel.francis.735 is on a distinguished road

whatsup
Manager at Frio Products,
Management Paradise Member
Re: Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA - May 19th, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhoopendra View Post
I am a BMM student AND with this quite systematic and easy to understand. Thank you so much this is very useful for me and keep posting such important information.
I see that you have completed BMM. It would be great if you would share a real life experience for BMM course and how its difference from BAF, BFM, BBI, BMS, BBA etc. Look forward to hear from you.
Old
 (9 (permalink))
Business Education

Business-education
Student of BMM
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA - May 30th, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.francis.735 View Post
I see that you have completed BMM. It would be great if you would share a real life experience for BMM course and how its difference from BAF, BFM, BBI, BMS, BBA etc. Look forward to hear from you.
Hey Anjali,

I will share some very much interesting and important facts about it. In other courses theories is given more importance but, In BMM theories is just to score marks in real world it do not play any role. BMM is all about creativity and it provides you full freedom to choose your career. In other fields you have only one or two choice but in BMM you get myriads of options like advertising, PR, Journalism , Media buying and planning and so on. This is one of the best courses available for the students who think out of the blue.You can explore yourself and all the subjects are easy and interesting. Hope you got my point.

You can ask me whatever you have doubts, feel free to contact.
Old
Business Education

Business-education
Student of BMM
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Guru
Re: Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA - June 18th, 2015

As I have already elucidated in depth knowledge on BMM. You can easily recognized the difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA. B.com is basically pursue if you wanted to go for CA and CS. BFM is best when you are exceptionally well with finance related topics and mind it, it has scope which none other courses offer.But, the only thing which matter is what you have to do and what you have to achieve in your life. If your aim is concise then you are inevitable.