Does coffee tastes better in a more expensive cup??

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Guys,

Was just having a cup of coffee yesteday and a sudden thought led me to ask the question "does coffee tastes better in a more expensive cup"

We often like to have a cup of coffee in a more fancy, trendy, superior cups just like various coffees shops.

But i just thought from a different angle...

We need only coffee then why do we tend to choose or pick an extra ordinary cup??

Just to feel better or to show off??

Coffee is just a coffee whether in a rich expensive cup or in a steel mug...

What do you think guys??

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
the catch is here...cofee is just not cofee..

takin my case...its a feel...people like me have fascination for cups..and its craze for me...it adds to the experience...and its completely psychological

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well but if you just want to have a coffee why do you need to have a more sophisticated cup??

you wanna enjoy coffee, its tastes, which makes you feel refreshed.

And what experience does it add?? Do that coffee tastes diferent??

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
It boils down to why do you want to wear a armani white shirt that costs 10,000 rs when you could buy the same color shirt without the armani tag on the street for 50 rs .

Brand's make you feel good, its psychological.. same goes for coffee ;)

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Right Kartik but the shirt you are going to wear, 1000s of people will be watching you on the streets whereas the cup/mug in which you are drinking coffee not many people are gonna watch you and neither they gonna get impressed 'ah its an imported mug'.

The thing is today everyone wants to show off even the smallest thing they have. The taste of coffee is not gonna change but we want people around us to notice that my cup is an imported one.

Brand makes us feel good but we are not gonna tell people that which brand of coffee we are having.

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Just think in this way:

If life is coffee, then the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, but the quality of Life doesn't change." "Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it." ........ [;)]

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
very philosophical rohan, though :

a.) Coffee doesnt taste like coffee if its in a bad glass.. quality of life can't be good if I dont have the right * Cups *

b.) Brands are not for others to see... a very far fetched statement would be the brand of undergarments we wear.. no one's going to see it .. why do we wear a branded garment that no one can see? You wear it so that you feel good.. not to show off.

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I am not saying to have coffee in an unpresentable cup, it should atlaest hold coffee in it properly. So thats what, lots of importance is being placed on the quality of *cups* rather than leading a simple life.

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I am not saying to have coffee in an unpresentable cup, it should atlaest hold coffee in it properly. So thats what, lots of importance is being placed on the quality of *cups* rather than leading a simple life.

Rohan...if it was just about cofee...then concepts like Barista, CCDs wud never have been successful...its about ambience, company, feel, and then comes the cofee taste... I doubt if u go to Cofee shops just to get refreshed??

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
CCDs and Barista are more of a hang out place rather than enjoying coffee. Agreed ambience, company is necessary and with that we are not enjoying the coffee but instead enjoying the company and the ambience. Here also we tend to forget to enjoy coffee....

Coffee taste can come at any place and at any time, its just that we should feel the desire to enjoy the coffee no matter what.

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Depends on one individual to another... some wish to enjoy cofee simply while for others having a presentable cofee makes them feel good and enjoy it..

archana agarwal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think It does not matters whether the coffee is in simple cup or some fascinating and attractive cup atleast for me... I feel that most important thing for me while drinking coffee would be that the coffee should be nicely made and it should taste well.. no matter what so ever the cup is which is holding the coffee. Just the cup needs to be neat and clean.. simple or fancy does not matters...

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think It does not matters whether the coffee is in simple cup or some fascinating and attractive cup atleast for me... I feel that most important thing for me while drinking coffee would be that the coffee should be nicely made and it should taste well.. no matter what so ever the cup is which is holding the coffee. Just the cup needs to be neat and clean.. simple or fancy does not matters...

Exactly to my point Archana, coffee is just a coffee....:SugarwareZ-079:

blookerilian

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Cup doesn't matters for me... preparation recipe and Beans are important...i can enjoy it in a glass of steel or in one like the roadside tea wala's little glass cup.. doesn't matters even if i am on ma honeymoon with my Lovely Wife (not yet but will be soon)...

risu

I prefer coffee served in a 'proper' cup (glass, ceramic, metal...) not one of those plastic/foam/paper cups... but a nice cup can't save a lousy coffee!

hams_89

I do agree dat cup isn't da thing dat matters but coffee shud be gud... as u r not gonna show da xpensive mug to oders but in da case of armani shirt u can show it off... dat makes da difference...

rajeshfgh

It is more like the presentation than the actual stuff which is valueable. That highlights the importance of packaging and being the complete package...

saumy

yes i feel packaging plays a major role in satisfaction of a consumer.
I have a cuppa coffee everyday at home and colg but its just not the same as having coffee at barista or ccd. the amiance, the service, and yes, the 'cup' plays an imp role in the satisfaction that i derive frm my coffee. the more expensive it is, the better it tastes as its quality n presentation improves with that extra price.

sweetdimpi

i agree with kartik..it doesnot make sense having coffee for around 80-90 bucks in barista.. though sometimes it tastes good..
but my preference for coffee is filter coffee in the small vati which we get in madras cafe..tht taste rocks and noone can beat it...
this coffee def tastes much better than the expensive one..

xman17

Right Kartik but the shirt you are going to wear, 1000s of people will be watching you on the streets whereas the cup/mug in which you are drinking coffee not many people are gonna watch you and neither they gonna get impressed 'ah its an imported mug'.

The thing is today everyone wants to show off even the smallest thing they have. The taste of coffee is not gonna change but we want people around us to notice that my cup is an imported one.

Brand makes us feel good but we are not gonna tell people that which brand of coffee we are having.

nah coffee taste better when u use high quality beans