nehasharmabms

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hi frnds today i need help on personality development i need to give a short presentation (speech) for 4min on personality development on 9th september please send me some usefull info on that wating 4 ur helping hands

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Hey Neha, Work on these points .

Personality Development :

What is a personality ??

Why do you care to have a good personality ?

Presenting yourself to others

All that glitters is assumed to be gold

First impression is the last impression

Body language

Public speaking

Believing in yourself

etc.

nehasharmabms

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
tahnk u so much wating 4 some more usefull info that could help me may b some theories like heridity v/s enviorment something like that

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Y you wana include therory ?

make it interesting by giving examples of how personality is important in every field..

Some humourous examples about how a intelligent person lost his job because of a numb personality and how a duffer got a job because of his flambouyant personality.

I jus read a hillarious interview on mp in laughter section. mayb you can use that.

Then go on how personality influences job advancements and interview process and also in life while with friends or trying to impress a girl.

This is such a interesting and huge topic.. why make it suck by including stupid theories :(

Fiona_dmello20

Hi Neha,

got sumthing on personality development i hope it will be useful to u

The Art of Personality Development

Man does not like to stagnate, he always likes to develop into something better. There are some ways to achieve this metamorphosis in one's personality. If one were to understand these basic rules, one can develop him into anything he aspires for.

The first step to this is planning. Make a clear plan of what you want to be and how you want to go about achieving it. A plan should be clear, focused and practical.

Then put your plan into imagination.

Here you would find it strange why you first plan and they’re after image. You might have noticed that people sometimes come with solutions to grave problems in deep sleep. It so happens that they have gone through the same situation over and over again in their imagination, to reach the stage when the subconscious minds itself comes up with the solutions. To bring any planning into reality it has to be propelled by the energy of imagination.

Sound planning and imagination coupled with determination and perseverance can turn any dream into reality.

There are some people who get an intimation of their diseases or even death much in advance. The reason is that whatever is to take place in the material plane first manifests itself in the immaterial plane and whatever we see and feel by our five senses is incomparably small to what we can see or feel by our inner conscience. Today, modern science has created devices by which we can get to know of diseases much before they manifest themselves in the human body.

Live and livelihood is two sides of the same coin. Today's education has become completely job-oriented and hence man advances in his field of work, but it is at the cost of his mental peace. This leads to a divided personality.

How could a man look if his one arm was longer than the other was? Intellectual and science of living (Jeevan Vigyan ) should go hand in hand or else an imbalanced personality would result..

There are five steps to fuller life and complete personality.

Healthy body
Healthy mind
Healthy thoughts
Will power
Work efficiency
Whilst, the first three are vital to a good life , the last two are vital to earning a good living . It is true that the external appearances of a person can make its personality. However the proper functioning of the nervous and the glands are even more important in the development of a complete personality. Enough the proper functioning of the thyroid glands are very important to personality development. A person whose thyroid glands produce less than sufficient thyroxin will become easily irritable his capacity to memorize decreases and so does his capacity to make decisions. If on the other hand thyroxin is produced in greater quantity then anxiety and anger will become more prominent.

Henceforth any of these above mentioned problems can be a sign that the thyroid glands are not absolutely and habits is usually the effect of the nervous systems. If a person or a child becomes violent for trivial matters then it could be suspected that the sympathetic nervous system is not functioning well.

Praksha Dhyana is a method to balance the thyroid glands and the nervous systems. Tejas Kendra (naval region ) is the place where prana energy is generated .

If one is made to mediate upon this region then fear can be get rid of .,

1. Dirgha - Svasa Prakash techniques - Perception of slow and deep breathing

2. Samvarti Svasa Prakash i.e. perception of breathing method in which breath is to be inhaled with the left nostril and then exhaled with the right nostril and then again inhaled with the left. The process is then continued for 5-10 minutes.

3. By creating awareness for our Svasa (Breath ) we can balance our nervous system. Perfection in thoughts is an absolute foolproof method to personality development.

Determination and willpower alone can make an ordinary person a giant personality. Purity of thoughts are factors that can increase willpower and determination. If the will power has to be increased, then it is essential to be away from feelings such as jealousy, false allegations, small talks etc .

Today a misconception has come up in today's world that intellectual and mental development are considered one and the same. Both these are separate facts as intelligence and mind are not one and the same thing. Thinking is not in itself a very big art, instead this is a natural activity of

the brain . The main source of energy is the development of willpower .

An important milestone of personality development is purification of emotions. For purification of emotion Darshan Kendra ( the region between the brows) and Jyoti Kendra ( centre of the forehead ) should be mediated upon .

It cannot be said that practicing mediations will bring immediate results or miraculous changes in one personality. Curing even a common physical ailment can take a long time and we are aiming to cure a mental disease. From time to time one should perform self-assessment and see how much progress been made in personality development.

If a man changes his profession too often, it is because he lacks concentration . The true reason for the economic success of Japan is its concept of concentration. They first study their subject in mind thoroughly then they acquire a complete training in the same; only then do they go into production, wherein they improve constantly upon methods leading to a greater yield of production. Indeed they have used the secret of mediation in the field of their work. Their quest is how to increase their efficient and yield greater output. The answer to this they found is concentrated thing i.e. mediations.

Focusing coupled with determination is the prime requisite to turn our planning into reality. The personality that will be akin to a gold crown studded with jewels

Fiona_dmello20

hi neha

The following is the theory on personality development . i hope u like

Sigmund Freud's Personality Theory

Psychoanalytic theory was created by Sigmund Freud in the twentieth century. The theory of Sigmund Freud remains the most comprehensive and influential theory of personality created till present. He discovered that the method of free association, in which a patient is instructed to say everything that comes to mind, regardless of how embarrassing it may seem. Through recalling dreams and early childhood memories, he detected that there were signs of unconscious wishes and fears.
Later on, Freud compared human mind to an iceberg, which is divided in to three parts: conscious (the small part that shows above the surface of water which represents our current awareness), preconscious (a small part below the surface of water which represents information which is present but not currently used, e.g. the name of a U.S. president) and unconscious (the much larger mass of the iceberg below the water which represents a storage of impulses, wishes and inaccessible memories that affect our thoughts and behavior).

Freud realized that the whole model was too simple to describe human personality, so he went on developing the model, and divided personality into three systems which interact to govern human behavior: the id, the ego and the superego.
The id is the oldest system of the personality, from which the ego and the superego develop. It provides the energy of the mind for all three systems. It is already present since birth and only knows the inner world of opinions and feelings, and it operates by the pleasure principle which attempts to obtain pleasure and to avoid pain, regardless of the external circumstances, and the primary process, for example, the need to eat, to drink, to eliminate wastes, etc.
The ego represents reasonable and sensible thinking. A child soon learns that their impulses cannot always be fulfilled immediately. Hitting someone may be result in being punished by a parent. Relieving bladder pressure must be delayed until he reaches the toilet. The ego tries to make the id's mental pictures to be more to the reality and based on facts rather than thoughts and opinions. It also decides what actions are appropriate and in what situation the id's impulses may be satisfied. The ego operates by the reality principle and the secondary process.
The superego represents moral standards. Its sense of right and wrong punishes wrong behaviors, and its ego ideal rewards right behaviors. The child's parent controls his behavior directly through rewards and punishments. The parent is building the superego in the child. The child soon can control his own behavior, for the superego tells them what is right or wrong. Acting against the superego's standards for fulfilling the id's impulses, will cause the child to feel anxious, which may be experienced as guilt.

fiona

s_m2024

hey i had dis in 1 sem.hope ull find sm info.
Personality:

Personality is the sum total of internal and external attributes of an individual. Conventionally, Personality has been perceived as the outer physical attributes of an individual like looks, height, weight, etc. The word “Personality” is derived form the word “persona” which means “speak through”. Personality could be considered as a mask put on by people when they play the various Roles to fulfill various Goals.
We all play multiple Roles to fulfill multiple Goals.
To achieve our Goals effectively, we need to have Role clarity and Goal clarity.
The direction towards the Goal is taken through action steps, habits, behaviors, etc which are appropriately required for the achieving the Goal.
Personality constitutes the Role that we play as a result of our inner and outer make up
Thus we have Role Personality.
We all have several Role Personalities to achieve the various Goals.
It must be remembered that we all have one True Personality, which simply stated constitutes the “way we are”. This True Personality is based on the Values that we nurture and live by.

Key Determinants to Personality
Broadly there are three key determinants to Personality:
a) Heredity
b) Situation
c) Environment

a) Heredity: It is said that Heredity impacts our Personality. We all have characteristics, resembling those of our parents in some way or the other, transferred through the genes. These characteristics could be physical like the color of our hair, the facial features, the walk, etc and behavioral like anger, alertness, sharpness, etc.
Although Heredity plays a role, Personality is not completely dictated by Heredity. It is one of the contributory factors.
There are exceptions to the Heredity factor. We come across people who come from good social backgrounds who are not necessarily good in the way they conduct themselves in social settings. We also come across those who parents are handicapped, but the children are not.
b) Situation: Events that are contextual with time constitute Situations. The context of the Situation plays a Role in the Personality formation of the individual. If the Situation is demanding in task, the Personality also moulds as a task-oriented one. Since Situations keep changing, we have Personalities that keep changing with Situations, i. e. Role Personality.
Although we may feel helpless about a Situation impacting our Personality, getting an impression that it is beyond our control, in reality we have the choice to language the Situation to our advantage and Goal focus.
For example, a home with frequent quarrels and fights may imply that people in that house may have the Personality of a quarrelsome nature; it may not be the case. This is seen in many instances, wherein people are seen to control the Situation, rather than allowing the Situation to control them.
c) Environment: All that pervades around us is Environment. It is the outcome of our own actions repeated over a period of time. We could have same or similar Situations repeating all the time, going unchanged, resulting in an Environment formation. For example, we dump garbage for one day in the neighborhood and this gets repeated day after day. Soon an Environment of filth would prevail.
Similarly, if we create a negative work Situation on a day and if this Situation repeats regularly we create a negative Environment sooner or later.
Like Situation, Environment also impacts Personality. It is seen that Environment impacts Personality more strongly.

It must be remembered that although the above factors seem to make us feel that we are “choiceless” in our Personality makeup, we all have choices.
We could choose Goals and thus play Roles which enhance our Personality. For example, a person born dark and ugly may seem “doomed” by normal people. If he were to “fall for” that, then he would get nowhere. Instead, if he chooses to capitalize on his “looks” he may “creatively” enhance his Personality, like in case of the comedian Johnny Lever. He chose a Goal of making people laugh and plays the Role well and thus projects his Personality well.
There are many examples in the real world which “defy” the above factors, thereby inferring that the above three determinants are not totally impactful.

Types of Personality
There are two aspects to a Personality. The physical aspect manifested by the Body Types and the internal makeup aspect manifested through the Types of Personality as seen in the behaviors, habits, attitudes, etc.
There are several models of Personality types. One model addresses Four Types of Personality, based on characteristics.
The types are:
i) Melancholic
ii) Sanguine
iii) Choleric
iv) Phlegmatic

i) Melancholics are thoughtful, analytical, idealistic types. They are perfectionists and give importance to details.
ii) Sanguines have appealing looks, good sense of humor, cheerful, lives in the present.
iii) Cholerics have Leadership qualities. They are dynamic and initiate change, and exude confidence.
iv) Phlegmatics are laid back, low key people, and patient, consistent, keep emotions within, quiet.

It must be noted that each of us has one of the above types more dominant, followed by another style that comes into play as a Back up. The dominant style is what is usually seen by others under normal circumstances, while the Back up is what comes into play whenever a critical incident surfaces.

Personality types are not conclusive statements of people but more inferential, which implies that we need to study and interpret the individual’s Personality not by these types alone, but using other means as well. Even then, the Personality that we observe is inferential and not conclusive. One should not jump to conclusions about habits and behaviors of people based on the groupings under each type and be rigid. These are indicators.

Major Personality Traits that influence Organizational Behavior.
A trait is a tendency in an individual to display a certain behavior under certain circumstances. It could be interpreted as an Attitude (which is defined as an internal choice one makes towards a certain situation) which is in the process of getting manifested externally as a Behavior. In other words, when Attitude is yet to manifest as Behavior, it goes through a transition phase, displayed largely para language, body language form of communication. It is as if what you want to express you are “displaying” without telling in words. You may say something that appears different, but you are truly expressing yourself in words and body expressions that “slip out” of you.

There are Personality Traits that influence Organizational Behavior. These are:
a) Locus of Control – the extent to which the individual feels under control of a situation. Thus we have Internals who feel they are in control of a situation, as against Externals who feel they are helplessly out of control of a situation.
b) Machiavellianism- derived from the name Niccolo Machiavelli, an Italian philosopher who was known to a master manipulator. We have high Machs and low Machs. Those with high Machs are the ones who are pragmatic, maintain an emotional distance, and believe that means justify ends. They are seen as “ace” manipulators. On the other hand, those with low Machs are least manipulative and believe that means do not always justify the ends.
c) Self Esteem – The way one treats oneself is reflected in Self Esteem. If one treats oneself respectfully and responsibly, he is said to have a High Self Esteem. On the other hand, if one treats oneself disrespectfully and irresponsibly with self abuse, he is said to be having low Self Esteem.
d) Self Monitoring – the capacity in an individual to think, pause, introspect and render feedback to himself for making corrections in his actions is Self Monitoring. Through Self Monitoring, one learns how to adapt to changing circumstances.
e) Risk Taking – Risk implies making a choice when the unknown elements are more and the stakes are high. Some people have a natural ability to be high risk individuals, while many other would like to “play it safe” and be low Risk persons.
f) Type A & Type B - Type A people are hard driving, expressive, ambitious, always on the move, achievers, while Type B are laid back, unexpressive, lazy, allow things to slip away.

These above Traits are seen to affect Personality of the individual in life situation

manthan_479

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey i think ur project is almost done with others help..u sud be gratefull to Kartik n other members...al d best

sonaliyadav

hii these articles were good and especially the points mentioned by Kartik on the first addressing neha.Really thankful to you for the same....:p

Nirmal_3913

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi ligygc,

Herewith I am uploading the project which you were searching.

I am uploading 3 pdf files..

This Must help you & others in this forum....

Njoy...!!!

:SugarwareZ-297:

PRESS THANKS IF YOU LIKE MY POST

Attachments

• personality development.pdf
    120.8 KB · Views: 15
  • personality development1.pdf
    53 KB · Views: 12
  • personality_dev_n_dlm_768.pdf
    453.2 KB · Views: 19
hi frnds today i need help on personality development i need to give a short presentation (speech) for 4min on personality development on 9th september please send me some usefull info on that wating 4 ur helping hands

Hi neha, i am sharing here a document for you on personality development so that you can get detailed information and can give speech on your subject. BTW neha, your subject of speech is very good.

Attachments

• personality-development.ppt
    1.1 MB · Views: 2