NPA - Problems and Resolutions

projects4mp

Over the next ten years Asia could emerge as the world’s growth engine, led by China and India, and fueled by an inflow of global capital, technology transfer, an export boom, and increased domestic consumption. For Asia to realize its promise, the region’s reform-minded governments and regulators, companies and businesses, and lenders must move aggressively to clean up $2 trillion in non-performing loans, a legacy of the 1990s that continues to be a drag on the region’s economies.
Such a vast volume of Non-performing Assets of the banks is the main consequence of economic crisis that took place in many Asian countries. At the same time non-performing assets of the banks in many Asian countries can be seen as the probable cause of the potential banking crisis that could be occurred in the future in these countries. In order to prevent such banking crisis, the Non-Performing Assets of the banks are required to be managed and disposed off effectively. Hence management of non-performing assets held by the banks has become an important function in today’s financial world
This project has attempted to provide a more comprehensive approach to management of and resolution to the problem of Non Performing Assets (Hereafter referred as NPAs) of banks This project has also touched some important areas in the performance evaluation measures used by banks and credit process in the banks that help identify NPAs at micro level and macro level. Further it has explained various NPA valuation approaches and techniques for resolution of NPAs.
The issue of non-performing assets (NPAs) in India and some other Asian countries (viz. China, Thailand, Korea and Japan) has been discussed at length in the following parts of the project. The causes behind the NPA problem and the methods used to resolve this issue across these countries have been analysed and discussed extensively.

Attachments

• NPA.doc
    251.5 KB · Views: 171

aoushka

hi, your project was very informative..by any chance cld u help me out with any project related to credit appraisal of loans in fin institutions which cld include toics such as credit scoring..credit risk mitigants etc

sudha r

Hello,I am researching on the same topic as it is my final specialization project.I would be greatly obliged if you could guide me on the same.

praveenkodimela

thank you ......................................................................................................................................