Sponsored Depositary Receipts

abhishreshthaa

Sponsored Level I Depositary Receipts

Sponsored Level II Depositary Receipts

Sponsored Level III Depositary Receipts

SEC Rule 144A

SEC Regulation S

Sponsored Level I DRs

Level I Depositary Receipts are traded in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market.

• Establishment of a Level I program does not require full SEC registration and the company does not have to report its accounts under U.S. GAAP or provide full SEC disclosure.

• Sponsored Level I Depositary Receipt program allows companies to enjoy the benefits of a publicly traded security without changing its current reporting process.

• The majority of sponsored programs are Level I. It is the fastest growing segment of the DR business.

Sponsored Level II & III DRs

• Companies that wish to list their DRs on US stock exchange, raise Capital, or make an acquisition using securities use Sponsored Level III securities.

• Sponsored Level II & III DRs are required to register themselves with the SEC.

• US GAAP requirements are applicable to Sponsored Level II & III DRs

SEC Rule 144A DRs

• A company can access the US & other Capital markets through SEC Rule 144A, without registering with the SEC.

• Under Rule 144A, companies can raise capital through private placement of DRs with large institutional buyers (referred to as QIB) in the US.

SEC Regulation S DRs

Regulation S programs provide for raising capital through the placement of Depositary Receipts offshore to non-U.S. investors in reliance on Regulation S.

SEC Regulations

• Shareholder wealth maximisation.

• High standard of Corporate Governance.

• Focus on Core-Competence.

• Aiming to achieve Global competitiveness.

• High Disclosure level.

• Adherence to GAAP.

Simultaneous & upgraded DR programs

• Companies can start off with a Level I DR program & later upgrade their programs to Level II (listing) & Level III (offering).

• A Level I program can be established along side a Rule 144A program and a Regulation S program may be merged into a Level I program after the restricted period has expired.

:SugarwareZ-157: