Finance Dictionary ( daily finance terms and concepts will be added and discussed)

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
This forum will post daily 1 or more then one term of finance and any one having doubt on this financial terms will be discussed.

Warning : this terms of great help when you go for interview go guys daily add a new fiancial term to your dictionary so that you have an edge in the interview among others .

pls share any term you come across and we will discuss if anyone has a doubt on that term

:SugarwareZ-191:

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Alpha Alpha measures a stock's monthly move if the S&P 500 index is unchanged.* For example, a stock with a high alpha of 7 would be expected to rise 7% in a month given an unchanged S&P 500 index.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Finance Dictionary ( daily finance terms and concepts will be added and discussed

American Depositary Receipt
Known as ADRs, these securities are created by a U.S. bank and represent foreign securities that trade in the U.S. financial markets.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Annual Report
Companies send their shareholders an annual report at the end of a fiscal year.* The magazine or brochure sizes up company operations and displays earnings, sales, balance sheets and financial footnotes.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Arbitrage
Arbitrageurs make their living by seizing on price differences for a security that is traded on a different market or in a different form, such as an option or a futures contract.* Someone who buys, say, a soybean contract on one market and sells a soybean contract on* another exchange is practicing arbitrage by locking in a profit.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Ask
This is the quoted ask, or the lowest price an investor will accept to sell a stock.* Practically speaking, this is the quoted offer at which an investor can buy shares of stock.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Basis Point
In the bond market, the smallest measure used for quoting yields is a basis point.* One basis point is 0.01 percent of a bond's yield.* Basis points also are used for interest rates.* An interest rate of 5 percent is 50 basis points greater than an interest rate of 4.5 percent.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Beta
This measures the volatility of a share of stock.* A high beta stock, for example, will rise more in value than the stock market average on a day when shares in general are rising.* And it will fall more sharply than the average on a day when shares are falling.* The Standard & Poor's 500 Index of stocks, an index that represents large-company stocks, has a beta of 1.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Bid
This is the quoted bid, or the highest price an investor is willing to pay to buy a security.* Practically speaking, this is the available price at which an investor can sell shares of stock.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Bond
Bonds are debt and are issued for a period of more than one year.* The U.S. government, local governments, water districts, companies and many other types of institutions sell bonds.* When an investor buys bonds, he or she is lending money.* The seller of the bond agrees to repay the principal amount of the loan at a specified time.* Interest-bearing bonds pay interest periodically.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Book to Bill
Book to bill is the semiconductor book to bill ratio.* It reports on the amount of semiconductor chips that are booked for delivery as compared with those that companies already have billed for.*

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Book Value
A company's book value is this: total assets minus intangible assets and liabilities such as debt.* A company's book value might be more or less than the market value of the company.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Breadth
This is one of those technical terms you might hear mentioned in a trading room.* It simply demonstrates how broadly a market is moving.* When three-quarters of the stocks on the New York Stock Exchange, for example, rise during a given day, an observer might say the stock market had good breadth.* Often, observers will measure the number of stocks advancing against the number declining as one way of monitoring breadth.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Buy Price
Enter here the price you paid for a security.* If, for example, you paid 8 1/4 a share for a security, enter* 8 1/4.

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Call option
This security gives investors the right to buy a security at a fixed price within a given time frame.* An investor, for example, might wish to have the right to buy shares of a stock at a certain price by a certain time in order to protect, or hedge, an existing investment.**