Importance of Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)

abhishreshthaa

IMPORTANCE OF MIGA

- Investors investing in developing countries needed some sort of insurance cover for their monies, hence the need for MIG.

- For augmenting the capacity of other public or private insurers of political risks through co-insurance or re-insurance.

- For insuring investment in countries restricted or excluded by the policies of other national insurers or through specific policies adopted by governments;

- For servicing investors who do not have access to other official political risk insurers;

- For providing coverage to investors of different nationalities in a multinational syndicate, thereby affording convenience in insurance contracting and claims settlement,

- For providing coverage of forms of investment not offered.

- To enhance the flow to developing countries of capital and technology for productive purposes under conditions consistent with their developmental needs, policies and objectives, on the basis of fair and stable standards for the treatment of foreign investment

rosemarry2

MP Guru
IMPORTANCE OF MIGA

- Investors investing in developing countries needed some sort of insurance cover for their monies, hence the need for MIG.

- For augmenting the capacity of other public or private insurers of political risks through co-insurance or re-insurance.

- For insuring investment in countries restricted or excluded by the policies of other national insurers or through specific policies adopted by governments;

- For servicing investors who do not have access to other official political risk insurers;

- For providing coverage to investors of different nationalities in a multinational syndicate, thereby affording convenience in insurance contracting and claims settlement,

- For providing coverage of forms of investment not offered.

- To enhance the flow to developing countries of capital and technology for productive purposes under conditions consistent with their developmental needs, policies and objectives, on the basis of fair and stable standards for the treatment of foreign investment

Hello abhi,

Here I am uploading Study on M.I.G.A. and Its Mission, so please download and check it.

Attachments

• Study on M.I.G.A. and Its Mission.pdf
    532.8 KB · Views: 0