devesh

hey mates my project topic is Radio Industry (FM Radio)
Please give me related links for it....
its hard n fast
thanks

devesh

Re: Urgent Help needed

Thanks for the links
if you guys get more links do pass it on plz
take care bye bye

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

now this is somethin aweesome for u ...njoy it..n plz give details...wht all in radio industry r u focusin on... if advt....i hv huge info

Attachments

• Radio FM Industry.PDF
    267.3 KB · Views: 221

devesh

hey vishal thanks a lot
yeah i would tell u about my project a brief details
See actually i am suppose to do two projects on Radio industry

First a macro analysis of radio industry which includes everything
Porter Five force framework, PESTEL analysis...Sources of fund of radio industry i.e. advertisement, History of radio industry, future trends and prospects of FM radio, current and past policy etc etc...

Secondly after macro analysis in my last sem i m suppose to do micro analysis of any one company related to Radio industry...which i have decided to do it on ENIL (Radio mirchi)

So any links related to it do send it to me
Thanks
take care
bye bye

PROJECTENT

HEY guys me doin my dissertation on the private fm sector in india...m currently pursuing media management frm univ of stirling ,uk. plz lemme knw if u cum across any bks or articles on the same, as m supposed 2 refer it also....thnks...cheers:)

rouger

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Thanks for the links......I too need the links for doin a project on FM RAdio industry.thanx

manishchopra85

MEDIA ROOM
FICCI IN NEWS

Radio industry revenues to touch Rs 12 bn by 2010
The Sentinal, March 24, 2006

India's radio industry is projected to post a robust growth of 32 percent over the next few years to touch Rs.12 billion (nearly $270 million) in revenues by 2010 on the back of a robust economy and easing of stiff investment rules.

The size of the industry is currently estimated at Rs.3 billion, according to a study by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and consultancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Of the total amount spent on ads in India, radio is presently estimated to garner a share of about two percent.

The study projects that the share would grow substantially over the next five to 10 years due to the explosive growth in the ad inventory as a result of commencement of operations of at least 300 stations over next couple of years.

'Even if we consider a conservative projection of five percent share by 2010 of the growing ad spend, the radio industry is likely to achieve a growth of at least 32 percent over the next five years,' said the report.

According to the report, the radio industry has become the hottest sector for investment in the entertainment and media space due to the availability of as many as 338 FM radio licenses for bidding for the private players.

The new FM radio licences cover about 91 cities, most of which were till now serviced only by the state broadcaster.

The government's decision to move to a low revenue-share regime in contrast to the earlier stiff fixed licence fee regime, which was hurting the profitability of the players badly, has also helped the industry, said the report.

In a major boost to the industry, the government has allowed up to 20 percent foreign direct investment in the sector.

Faced with slowing sales and dipping profits, foreign media houses are increasingly eyeing the Indian radio industry, one of the most attractive markets globally.

The nimble-footed sector won a major vote of confidence earlier this year when BBC Worldwide, the British broadcaster's commercial arm, invested four million pounds in the unit's first move into overseas markets.

BBC Worldwide has bought a 20 percent stake in Radio Mid-Day West, a subsidiary of Mid-Day Multimedia, a listed media group that publishes the popular Mid-Day afternoon newspaper in Mumbai.

This is the first major investment in radio business after the government said last year it would allow foreign firms to own as much as 20 percent stake in an FM radio station with a view to giving a boost to this sector.

The liberalised norm has also attracted Malaysian pay-TV firm Astro All Asia, which has tied up with two other Indian companies to participate in the latest round of FM radio licence bidding process.

The FICCI-PricewaterhouseCoopers report said the opening up of the new radio channels was also providing a boost to creative content companies.

'Assuming an average requirement of about 5,000 content hours per annum per radio station, one can easily estimate the potential for content for the 300 channels that are being launched in the country,' it said.

'The demand is clearly of a whopping 1.5 million hours of content per annum, if not more,' the report said.

Press Release

Photographs

Speeches and Presentations

FICCI in News

designmaneger

hey guyz I am a design student and I am doing a project in new design interventions in the Radio Industry which in turn will result in good revenues of course. Can any any help me with trends of past and present in the Indian radio industry.