100mks Derivatives Project...HELP required

Avada

I am really a newbie here.. i plan to do my project on "Derivatives with special reference to Crude Oil"... I just need some help frm the board/pple here.. i am actually bit confused abt how to go for this project.. have basic info on derivatives.. but dont know what to put in Crude Oil part... should it be only related to global/indian Oil Trading... via futures/options or should i include the marketing/need/demand/pricing etc in India OPEC/G7 oil companies in india like reliance/ongc etc n all ...

I am highly confused n just need help.. plz do whatever u can.. n help me out...

Any help/msgs/links/suggestions n anything that can help me is highly sought by me..

thax folks,
reply asap :)

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta
hi, avada we r working on your project, will tell u in Couple of days..............

thanx for waiting and sharing u r valuable time with us.........

yashshah

I am doing a project on 'Indian Derivatives Market- F & O". So please guide how to go about the project. What all topics are to be covered. Please i m in urgent need. Help me.

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
dude... chck out the derivates project by pratik mehta... its an awesome work out project... u wil get in ndepth idea of how 2 go abt it...

use search button for the project...search the Word Derivatives...

also...chck out this attachment..
it has indepth info on drivatives...1000 of links for detailed analysis n lots of info... for ur convinience... im pastin the links here also..

Books
1. Options Futures, and other Derivatives by John C Hull
2. Derivatives FAQ by Ajay Shah
3. NSE’s Certification in Financial Markets: - Derivatives Core module
4. Investment Monitor Magazine July 2001

Reports
1. Regulatory framework for financial derivatives in India by Dr. L.C.Gupta
2. Risk containment in the derivatives markets by Prof.J.R.Verma

Websites
1. www.derivativesindia.com
2. www.nse-india.com
3. www.sebi.gov.in
4. www.rediff/money/derivatives.htm
5. www.igidr.ac.in/~ajayshah
6. www.iinvestor.com
7. www.appliederivatives.com
8. www.erivativesreview.com
9. www.economictimes.com
10. www.cboe.com (Chicago Board of Exchange)
11. www.adtading.com
12. www.numa.org

Also try gettin the FUTURES & OPTIONS book written by SEBI Chairman..Mr DR Mehta,

Attachments

• Derivatives 1.doc
    125.5 KB · Views: 204

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Avada said:
I am really a newbie here.. i plan to do my project on "Derivatives with special reference to Crude Oil"... I just need some help frm the board/pple here.. i am actually bit confused abt how to go for this project.. have basic info on derivatives.. but dont know what to put in Crude Oil part... should it be only related to global/indian Oil Trading... via futures/options or should i include the marketing/need/demand/pricing etc in India OPEC/G7 oil companies in india like reliance/ongc etc n all ...

I am highly confused n just need help.. plz do whatever u can.. n help me out...

Any help/msgs/links/suggestions n anything that can help me is highly sought by me..

thax folks,
reply asap :)

For in depth info on Oil's ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum

Avada

Thax bhai log... u guys have really helped me a lot.. thax to Maxdroit, Pratik n Vishal.. u guys ROCK !!!...

thax,
Avada

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
We expect you to help others here the same way . After all the forum is give and take .

You got help .. now help others too

Avada

Yup Kartik.. why not.. lets make MP a gr8 place.. surely will help pple here in my own small way.. :)

GT123

i am new to mp cant understand where to download reports many of you are thanking for, can ane 1 help me out????

abhishreshthaa

hey friends, here are some links on project and other related information about DERIVATIVES.. check it out and you can get more information and projects related to the same topic in the search option of the site....
so please search it in the site.....

http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/financial-management-fm/23088-ppt-derivatives.html

http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/financial-management/39766-notes-derivatives.html

Derivatives [Archive] - ManagementParadise.com - Your MBA Online Degree Program and Management Students Forum for MBA,BMS, MMS, BMM, BBA, students & aspirants.

http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/financial-markets/18684-4-ebooks-derivatives.html

and many more are there .. so just check it out....