Retailing

pratikdattani

guys need help for my tybms project.
my topic is "Entry of Walmart in India"?????

i would like to show the reasons, strategies, targets, opportunities for it to enter into india.

plzzzzz

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
well may be u will get very less info abt it , but u can try to do project on the existing retail outlets like PANTLOONS.

mayur_kaku

hey
yu seem to have taken the pulse or wat i can quote as the next happening thng in INDIA that is retailing

AND WALMART being a pioneer if yu wann do an exclusive prjct say on its entry into indian market it would all be suppositions
wat i can suggest you is there is a full fledged book on walmart and its retailing strategies

so you study them and try to figure out wat all thngs they can do to enter into indian markets

i m sure international marketing subject will be of gr8 help

ALSO yu can come up with recommendations for walmart as to wat they can do to enter the indian markets--------------------------------------------

other option can be retailing in india BY RELIANCE AND others(this would a usual prject)

however the earlier 1 posses challenges as well good apetite for a budding BMSite

Regards
M@yur>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

bonddonraj

MP Guru
The world's largest company, Wal-Mart, is leaving no stones unturned to lobby for its entry into India, says Businessworld.

Last month, David Mulford, United States Ambassador to India, met the Indian prime minister, finance minister and commerce minister purportedly at the behest of the US retailer.

In the second week of May, John B Menzer, Wal-Mart's president and CEO, will fly in to meet government officials.

Sources close to its Indian operations say that over the past 3-4 months, the unit has been busily preparing reports on the Indian market and Indian retailers. The company is also believed to have identified the cities it would like to move into.

Why the eagerness? Sources say that after its troubled start in China, the retailer doesn't want to take any chances in India.

Meanwhile, there is considerable speculation that the Indian government might make an announcement on foreign direct investment in retail in the next month or so. As reported in the media late last month, it is thinking of allowing 49 per cent FDI.

The fact that foreign retailers can't set up wholly owned subsidiaries here raises an important question. Who will Wal-Mart tie up with? An existing retailer or a non-retailer? The company is being courted intensively.

According to a former employee of the company, Wal-Mart has held meetings with all the likely partners in the country. One of the names doing the rounds is Reliance (see Ambani brothers plan retail foray). Another is Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M). When contacted, however, M&M denied any such negotiations.

Either way, when Wal-Mart comes in, it will profoundly impact the retail markets of India. The former employee expects the company to open at least 10 stores in its first phase here.

"Anything less than that will not be viable for them," he says.

Despite the troubled start, it has set up 45 stores in China within the 10 years it has been there. That will make it larger than any other Indian discount store chain, also because of larger shops and higher efficiency. After its entry, one can expect the company's sourcing operations to scale up too.

And finally, once Wal-Mart comes in, other retailers like Tesco and Carrefour are likely to step on the gas.

piyazcool

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
u can take help of some one who is specializing in Retail...they can guide u better in selection of retail outlets fr your project

abcdef

pratikdattani said:

i would like to show the reasons, strategies, targets, opportunities for it to enter into india.

plzzzzz

I want to refer this project

plzzzzz

Hey pratik, you have chosen a very nice topic for your project and it has been a largely discussed and debated topic for India. Well, i am uploading a presentation regarding your required content and you can get it by downloading my presentation.

Attachments

• Entry of Walmart in India.pdf
    182.6 KB · Views: 0