Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Trending > Festivals Trending

Best African Liberation Day Quotes, Wording, Slogans, Greetings

Discuss Best African Liberation Day Quotes, Wording, Slogans, Greetings within the Festivals Trending forums, part of the Trending category; Best African Liberation Day Quotes, Wording, Slogans, Greetings To protest about bullfighting in Spain, the eating of dogs in South ...

Old
 (1 (permalink))
Jenny Shine
Jennyshine is an unknown quantity at this point

Jennyshine
Management Paradise Member
Best African Liberation Day Quotes, Wording, Slogans, Greetings - May 18th, 2016

To protest about bullfighting in Spain, the eating of dogs in South Korea, or the slaughter of baby seals in Canada while continuing to eat eggs from hens who have spent their lives crammed into cages, or veal from calves who have been deprived of their mothers, their proper diet, and the freedom to lie down with their legs extended, is like denouncing apartheid in South Africa while asking your neighbors not to sell their houses to blacks. - Peter Singer, Animal Liberation
~
Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that's the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be too moved when the birds of his land are singing. Nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him if he gives too much. - Alan Paton, Cry, the Beloved Country
~
At the time of his death, Biko had a wife and three children for which he left a letter that stated in one part: I've devoted my life to see equality for blacks, and at the same time, I've denied the needs of my family. Please understand that I take these actions, not out of selfishness or arrogance, but to preserve a South Africa worth living in for blacks and whites. - Steve Biko
Advertisements

Friends: (0)