Need Suggestion in choosing MBA Programme after Engineering

shruman

hi all,
I'm Shruthi and I'm currently working as a software engineer. I have 1 year of experience and I'm interested to pursue MBA. But I'm not aware of the different courses available. I would like to pursue some course in MBA so that it will count as an experience for my professional life.
Any suggestions friends?

abhishreshthaa

Re: Need Suggestion

hi all,
I'm Shruthi and I'm currently working as a software engineer. I have 1 year of experience and I'm interested to pursue MBA. But I'm not aware of the different courses available. I would like to pursue some course in MBA so that it will count as an experience for my professional life.
Any suggestions friends?

Great u r thinking about MBA after good exp in IT,

for correspondense course you can check, IGNOU, SYMBIOSIS, OR many more but these are good, one thing i want to suggest u, why not u try for Executive MBA programe from IIMS,IBS or all the leading Institute are provding EXE-MBA programe, u do that u have great career after that,

now come to the point, u r IT Guy, u can take , Internation Bussiness , Marketing Managment , It, System also, as well HR,

in marketing u can have good job in IT company , role would be Markering of Sotware product of It company either in india or Abroad,

if u take HR , so it will help u how to manage highly technical people in IT companies , that is biggest challenge now a days for HR.

but think where you are having interest, rest depend on destiny..

Best of luck

try checking this link for more info on MBA for Engineers..
An MBA for Engineers

shruman

hey thanks for your reply.
Well, you are right about Executive MBA programme. I think my work Experience will also count if I go for E-MBA. Do you have any idea as in which institutes are good for this programme?

MBACrystalBall

hey thanks for your reply.
Well, you are right about Executive MBA programme. I think my work Experience will also count if I go for E-MBA. Do you have any idea as in which institutes are good for this programme?

Shruti,

For experienced folks, full time 1 year MBA programs offered by ISB (Hyderabad), IIMA PGPX and IIMB, IIMC, XLRI GMP, Great Lakes would be good options.

But you need to have a substantial experience for that. Check out their websites to get an idea of the average class profile.

----
Sameer
Founder | MBA Crystal Ball
Author | Beyond The MBA Hype

ryanzurke

You are thinking in right direction MBA with experience give better future opportunity, IIM-A is prefer experience candidate than fresher and also you can think about distance learning course.

CATIIM 2011

chittariraghu

Point to be noted.In case you have very less work ex..say 2 yrs or so then going for a full time MBA would be a much higher valued add than going for any other MBA.

scit1248

Best Colleges in SNAP(Placement Wise).IF you are looking for 100%u0025 placement then apply for
1.Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune
2.Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development (SCMHRD)
3.Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)
4.Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
5.Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Bengaluru

scit1248

It totally depends on what field you want to go at the same time what is your previous background,For example if you are an IT professional then you should choose MBA in IT to grow up on the career path, Some of the Best B school in India are:-
1. Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
2. XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur--Operations
3. ISB - Indian School of Business, Hyderabad--- For People with 3+ year of work experience
4. FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
5. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (JBIMS)
6. S. P. Jain Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (SPJIMR)
7. Schools of Management, IIT (Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai)
8. Management Development Institute, Gurgaon (MDI)
9. Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIM B)
10. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune (SIBM)--For General MBA
11.Symbiosis centre for IT(SCIT)-- For All IT Professionals

scit1248

If you are looking for MBA in IT after completing your engineering and attaining an experience of 1 year in software industry SCIT (Symbiosis Center for Information Technology) can be your dream destination.
SCIT offers you a full time MBA (2 Years) and is affiliated with Symbiosis International University.
It offers you a variety of disciplines to complete your MBA journey as per your interests and choices.
You can complete your MBA in IT Business Management, Systems, Networks IT Infrastructure, Information Security Systems and Software Solution management.

mit_pune_uts

Admission open for MIT-PUNE MBA-DLP purely designed for working professional, government of India recognized. Contact 9920902440

priyanka006

Shruti, as you are working in a software industry you can consider MBA in I. T. which will give u a required boost in your career. Additionally I would suggest you to go in a distance format as you are already working and in today's world, experience has a edge on your resume in a greater way. I have done my Dual Degree MBA through MIT, Pune distance learning and I can tell the online platform that they are providing is amazing... Course content is apt and study material is designed for working professionals. If u want you can visit :rockon:

abhattacharyya

Today, a mere engineering degree is not enough to get a decent job, irrespective of the fact you are academically sound. So, what next? I would suggest you should opt for a business management course. This will help you get exposure better than your expectation. Moreover, with both technical as well as managerial skills, you will be able to deliver your best performance for the organisation you will work in.

Hey Shruti, you just talk like my brother. He is also and electronic and telecommunication engineer and wanted to pursue his further studies in MBA. He always tries to explain me about why MBA is one of the best field. i am also thinking to go for MBA next year. If you wanted to do MBA do it from Top colleges.:SugarwareZ-079: