sunandaC

Prohibited Activities at Coastal Zone

The following activities are declared as prohibited within the Coastal Regulation

Zone, namely:

(i) Setting up of new industries and expansion of existing industries, except

(a) Those directly related to water front or directly needing foreshore facilities 7

(b) Projects of Department of Atomic Energy, 8

(c) Non-polluting industries in the field of information technology and other service industries in the Coastal Regulation Zone of Special Economic Zones (SEZ)

Provided that

(a) facilities for generating power by non conventional energy sources and setting up of desalination plants may be permitted within the said zone in areas not classified as CRZ-I (i); and

(b) construction of airstrips in the said zone in areas not classified as CRZ-I (i) may also be permitted in the Islands of Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar by Government of India in the Ministry of Environment & Forests.

(ii) Manufacture or handling or storage or disposal of hazardous substances as specified in the Notifications of the Government of India in the Ministry of Environment & Forests.

[Except transfer of hazardous substances from ships to ports, terminals and refineries and vice versa, in the port areas:]

[Provided that, facilities for receipt and storage of petroleum products and Liquefied Natural Gas as specified in Annexure III appended to this notification and facilities for regasification of Liquefied Natural Gas, may be permitted within the said Zone in areas not classified as CRZ-I (I), subject to the implementation of safety regulations including guidelines issued by the Oil Industry Safety Directorate in the Government of India, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Environment and Forests and subject to further terms and conditions for implementation of ameliorative and restorative measures in relation to the environment as may be stipulated by the Government of India in the Ministry of Environment and Forests

(iii) Setting up and expansion of fish processing units including warehousing

(Excluding hatchery and natural fish drying in permitted areas)
Provided that existing fish processing units for modernisation purposes may utilise twenty five per cent additional plinth area required for additional equipment and pollution control measures only subject to existing Floor Space Index/Floor Area Ratio norms and subject to the condition that the additional plinth area shall not be towards seaward side of existing unit and also subject to the approval of State Pollution Control Board or Pollution Control Committee

(iv) Setting up and expansion of units / mechanisms for disposal of wastes and effluents, except facilities required for –

(a) Discharging treated effluents into water course with the approval
under the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974;

(b) Storm water drains;

(c) Treatment of wastes and effluents arising from hotels and beach resorts located in Coastal Regulation Zone areas other than Coastal Regulation Zone –I and disposal of the treated wastes and effluents;

(d) Treatment of domestic or municipal sewage in the Union territories of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep and disposal of the treated effluents

(v) Discharge of untreated wastes and effluents from industries, cities or towns and other human settlements. Schemes shall be implemented by the concerned authorities for phasing out the existing practices, if any, within a reasonable time period not exceeding three years from the date of this notification;

(vi) Dumping of city or town waste for the purposes of landfilling or otherwise; the existing practice, if any, shall be phased out within a reasonable time not exceeding three years from the date of this Notification;

(vii) Dumping of ash or any wastes from thermal power stations;

(viii) Land reclamation, bunding or disturbing the natural course of sea water except those required for conservation or modernisation or expansion of ports, harbours, jetties, wharves, quays, slipways, bridges and sea-links and for other facilities that are essential for activities permissible under the notification or for control of coastal erosion and maintenance or clearing of waterways, channels and ports or for prevention of sandbars or for tidal regulators, storm water drains or for structures for prevention of salinity ingress and sweet water recharge; provided that reclamation for commercial purposes such as shopping and housing complexes, hotels and entertainment activities shall not be permissible,

(ix) Mining of sands, rocks and other substrata materials, 16[except (a) those rare minerals not available outside the CRZ areas and (b) exploration and extraction of Oil and Natural Gas,]

[Provided that in the Union territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, mining of sand may be permitted by a committee constituted by the Lieutenant Governor of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands consisting of –

(1) the Chief Secretary Andaman & Nicobar Administration;

(2) Secretary, Department of Environment;

(3) Secretary, Department of Water Resources; and

(4) Secretary, Andaman Public Works Department:

Provided further that the Committee may permit mining of sand up to 44,102 cu.m.

For construction purposes on a case to case basis, for the period on and from the 1st day of April, 2003 to the 31st day of March, 2004 from sites selected, inter-alia, based on rate of replenishment or deposition of sand

Provided also that the permission as may be granted under this sub- paragraph for mining of sand shall be based on mining plans and shall stipulate sufficient safeguards to prevent damage to the sensitive coastal eco-system including corals, turtles, crocodiles, birds nesting sites and protected areas.

(x) Harvesting or drawal of ground water and construction of mechanisms therefore within 200 m of HTL: in the 200 m to 500 m zone it shall be permitted only when done manually through ordinary wells for drinking, horticulture agriculture and fisheries;

Provided that drawal of ground water is permitted, where no other source of water is available and when done manually through ordinary wells or hand pumps, for drinking and domestic purposes, in the zone between 50 to 200 m from High Tide Line in case of seas, bays and estuaries and within 200 m or the CRZ, whichever is less, from High

Tide Line in case of rivers, creeks and backwaters subject to such restrictions, as may be deemed necessary, in areas affected by sea water intrusion that may be imposed by an authority designated by State Government/Union Territory Administration.

(xi) Construction activities in [CRZ-I] except as specified in Annexure I of this notification

(xii) Any construction activity between the Low Tide Line and High Tide Line except facilities for carrying treated effluents and waste water discharges into the sea, facilities for carrying sea water for cooling purposes, oil, gas and similar pipelines and facilities essential for activities permitted under this Notification; and

(xiii) Dressing or altering of sand dunes, hills, natural features including landscape changes for beautification, recreational and other such purposes, except as permissible under this Notification.

bhautik.kawa

Prohibited Activities at Coastal Zone

The following activities are declared as prohibited within the Coastal Regulation

Zone, namely:

(i) Setting up of new industries and expansion of existing industries, except

(a) Those directly related to water front or directly needing foreshore facilities 7

(b) Projects of Department of Atomic Energy, 8

(c) Non-polluting industries in the field of information technology and other service industries in the Coastal Regulation Zone of Special Economic Zones (SEZ)

Provided that

(a) facilities for generating power by non conventional energy sources and setting up of desalination plants may be permitted within the said zone in areas not classified as CRZ-I (i); and

(b) construction of airstrips in the said zone in areas not classified as CRZ-I (i) may also be permitted in the Islands of Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar by Government of India in the Ministry of Environment & Forests.

(ii) Manufacture or handling or storage or disposal of hazardous substances as specified in the Notifications of the Government of India in the Ministry of Environment & Forests.

[Except transfer of hazardous substances from ships to ports, terminals and refineries and vice versa, in the port areas:]

[Provided that, facilities for receipt and storage of petroleum products and Liquefied Natural Gas as specified in Annexure III appended to this notification and facilities for regasification of Liquefied Natural Gas, may be permitted within the said Zone in areas not classified as CRZ-I (I), subject to the implementation of safety regulations including guidelines issued by the Oil Industry Safety Directorate in the Government of India, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Environment and Forests and subject to further terms and conditions for implementation of ameliorative and restorative measures in relation to the environment as may be stipulated by the Government of India in the Ministry of Environment and Forests

(iii) Setting up and expansion of fish processing units including warehousing

(Excluding hatchery and natural fish drying in permitted areas)
Provided that existing fish processing units for modernisation purposes may utilise twenty five per cent additional plinth area required for additional equipment and pollution control measures only subject to existing Floor Space Index/Floor Area Ratio norms and subject to the condition that the additional plinth area shall not be towards seaward side of existing unit and also subject to the approval of State Pollution Control Board or Pollution Control Committee

(iv) Setting up and expansion of units / mechanisms for disposal of wastes and effluents, except facilities required for –

(a) Discharging treated effluents into water course with the approval
under the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974;

(b) Storm water drains;

(c) Treatment of wastes and effluents arising from hotels and beach resorts located in Coastal Regulation Zone areas other than Coastal Regulation Zone –I and disposal of the treated wastes and effluents;

(d) Treatment of domestic or municipal sewage in the Union territories of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep and disposal of the treated effluents

(v) Discharge of untreated wastes and effluents from industries, cities or towns and other human settlements. Schemes shall be implemented by the concerned authorities for phasing out the existing practices, if any, within a reasonable time period not exceeding three years from the date of this notification;

(vi) Dumping of city or town waste for the purposes of landfilling or otherwise; the existing practice, if any, shall be phased out within a reasonable time not exceeding three years from the date of this Notification;

(vii) Dumping of ash or any wastes from thermal power stations;

(viii) Land reclamation, bunding or disturbing the natural course of sea water except those required for conservation or modernisation or expansion of ports, harbours, jetties, wharves, quays, slipways, bridges and sea-links and for other facilities that are essential for activities permissible under the notification or for control of coastal erosion and maintenance or clearing of waterways, channels and ports or for prevention of sandbars or for tidal regulators, storm water drains or for structures for prevention of salinity ingress and sweet water recharge; provided that reclamation for commercial purposes such as shopping and housing complexes, hotels and entertainment activities shall not be permissible,

(ix) Mining of sands, rocks and other substrata materials, 16[except (a) those rare minerals not available outside the CRZ areas and (b) exploration and extraction of Oil and Natural Gas,]

[Provided that in the Union territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, mining of sand may be permitted by a committee constituted by the Lieutenant Governor of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands consisting of –

(1) the Chief Secretary Andaman & Nicobar Administration;

(2) Secretary, Department of Environment;

(3) Secretary, Department of Water Resources; and

(4) Secretary, Andaman Public Works Department:

Provided further that the Committee may permit mining of sand up to 44,102 cu.m.

For construction purposes on a case to case basis, for the period on and from the 1st day of April, 2003 to the 31st day of March, 2004 from sites selected, inter-alia, based on rate of replenishment or deposition of sand

Provided also that the permission as may be granted under this sub- paragraph for mining of sand shall be based on mining plans and shall stipulate sufficient safeguards to prevent damage to the sensitive coastal eco-system including corals, turtles, crocodiles, birds nesting sites and protected areas.

(x) Harvesting or drawal of ground water and construction of mechanisms therefore within 200 m of HTL: in the 200 m to 500 m zone it shall be permitted only when done manually through ordinary wells for drinking, horticulture agriculture and fisheries;

Provided that drawal of ground water is permitted, where no other source of water is available and when done manually through ordinary wells or hand pumps, for drinking and domestic purposes, in the zone between 50 to 200 m from High Tide Line in case of seas, bays and estuaries and within 200 m or the CRZ, whichever is less, from High

Tide Line in case of rivers, creeks and backwaters subject to such restrictions, as may be deemed necessary, in areas affected by sea water intrusion that may be imposed by an authority designated by State Government/Union Territory Administration.

(xi) Construction activities in [CRZ-I] except as specified in Annexure I of this notification

(xii) Any construction activity between the Low Tide Line and High Tide Line except facilities for carrying treated effluents and waste water discharges into the sea, facilities for carrying sea water for cooling purposes, oil, gas and similar pipelines and facilities essential for activities permitted under this Notification; and

(xiii) Dressing or altering of sand dunes, hills, natural features including landscape changes for beautification, recreational and other such purposes, except as permissible under this Notification.

Hey Buddy,

Here i am sharing Permissible Activities by Board Order, Please check attachment below.

Attachments

• Permissible Activities by Board Order.pdf
    236.3 KB · Views: 1