sunandaC

Coastal Regulation Zone

Coastal regulation zone is the boundary from the high tide line upto 500m in the land -ward side. Area between the low tide line and high tide line. In the case of rivers, creeks and backwaters, the distance from the high tide level shall apply to both sides and this distance shall not be less than 100 meters or the width of the creek, river or backwater whichever is less.( Ministry of Environment and Forests Notification,Feb 1994).There are four type of category in coastal regulation zone .

Category - I (CRZ I)

Areas that are ecologically sensitive and important such as national parks , marine parks , sanctuaries , reserve forests , wildlife habitats , mangroves, corals/coral reefs , areas close to breeding and spawning grounds of fish and other marine life, areas of outstanding natural beauty. historically important and heritage areas, area rich in genetic diversity, areas likely to be inundated due to rise in sea level consequent upon global warming and such other areas as notified by government from time to time .

Category - II (CRZ II)

Area that have already been developed up to or close to the shoreline. For this purpose ,developed area is referred to as area within the municipal limits or other legally designated urban areas which is already substantially build up ad which has been provided with drainage and approach roads and other infrastructure facilities such as water supply and sewerage lines.

Category - III (CRZ III)

Area that are relatively undisturbed ad those which do not belong to either I or II . These will include coastal zoe in the rural areas developed or undeveloped and also areas within municipal limits or in other legally designated urban areas which are not substantially built up.

Category - IV (CRZ IV)

Coastal stretches in the Andaman & Nicobar islands , Lakshadeep and other small islands except those designated as category I, II and III .

bhautik.kawa

Coastal Regulation Zone

Coastal regulation zone is the boundary from the high tide line upto 500m in the land -ward side. Area between the low tide line and high tide line. In the case of rivers, creeks and backwaters, the distance from the high tide level shall apply to both sides and this distance shall not be less than 100 meters or the width of the creek, river or backwater whichever is less.( Ministry of Environment and Forests Notification,Feb 1994).There are four type of category in coastal regulation zone .

Category - I (CRZ I)

Areas that are ecologically sensitive and important such as national parks , marine parks , sanctuaries , reserve forests , wildlife habitats , mangroves, corals/coral reefs , areas close to breeding and spawning grounds of fish and other marine life, areas of outstanding natural beauty. historically important and heritage areas, area rich in genetic diversity, areas likely to be inundated due to rise in sea level consequent upon global warming and such other areas as notified by government from time to time .

Category - II (CRZ II)

Area that have already been developed up to or close to the shoreline. For this purpose ,developed area is referred to as area within the municipal limits or other legally designated urban areas which is already substantially build up ad which has been provided with drainage and approach roads and other infrastructure facilities such as water supply and sewerage lines.

Category - III (CRZ III)

Area that are relatively undisturbed ad those which do not belong to either I or II . These will include coastal zoe in the rural areas developed or undeveloped and also areas within municipal limits or in other legally designated urban areas which are not substantially built up.

Category - IV (CRZ IV)

Coastal stretches in the Andaman & Nicobar islands , Lakshadeep and other small islands except those designated as category I, II and III .

Hello Sunanda,

It was really appreciable and i am sure it would help many people. Well, i found some important information Study on Ministry of Environment and Forests (CRZ) and wanna share it with you and other's. So please download and check it.

Attachments

• Study on Ministry of Environment and Forests.pdf
    35.8 KB · Views: 0