Can india manage without bigger dams?

fenils

Can india manage without bigger dams? hi guys it wil be very helpful of u guys if u can help me out in this one! thank u!

savio13

MP Guru
Can india manage without bigger dams? hi guys it wil be very helpful of u guys if u can help me out in this one! thank u!

Hello there…. :SugarwareZ-062:

It seems you were looking for whether india manage without bigger dams

Dams are built to harness the river water so that it can be utilised according to needs. A multipurpose project is launched often for storing water for irrigation purposes, generating hydro-electricity by utilising the water stored by the dams, preventing floods and facilitating afforestation in the catchment areas of the reservoirs. However, the dams also provide drinking water, using the canals for navigation in some areas and also facilitating pisciculture and recreational activities. The main multipurpose projects constituting the major Indian dams are the Hirakud Project in Orissa, the Bhakra Nangal in Punjab, the Damodar Valley Project in Bihar and Bengal, the Tungabhadra Project in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka, the Rihand Project in Uttar Pradesh.

Hope these will meet your requirements:

->www.dams.org/docs/kbase/contrib/soc207.pdf

->ksghome.harvard.edu/~rpande/papers/dams_OUP_Nov30.pdf

->Dams | India Environment Portal

Kindly download the following attachments....

For further queries kindly post….. We would be pleased to help you….

Thank you…. :SugarwareZ-167:

Kindly whack the ” THANKS” button if you like my post……

Savio
Staff
(ManagementParadise.com)

I think there are many advantages of large dams. For example, floods in the rivers have already been many a time causing damage for life and residence of the people. Dams and reservoirs might be successfully utilized to manage floods by controlling river water flows downstream the dam.