The key ingredients that underlie market

abhishreshthaa

India has seen a tremendous change in the secondary market for equity. Its equity market will most likely be comparable with the world’s most advanced secondary markets within a year or two. The key ingredients that underlie market quality in India’s equity market are:

 Exchanges based on open electronic limit order book;

 Nationwide integrated market with a large number of informed traders and fluency of short or long positions; and

 No counterparty risk.

Among the processes that have already started and are soon to be fully implemented are electronic settlement trade and exchange-traded derivatives. Before 1995, markets in India used open outcry, a trading process in which traders shouted and hand signaled from within a pit.

One major policy initiated by SEBI from 1993 involved the shift of all exchanges to screen-based trading, motivated primarily by the need for greater transparency.

jiten005

Banned
India has seen a tremendous change in the secondary market for equity. Its equity market will most likely be comparable with the world’s most advanced secondary markets within a year or two. The key ingredients that underlie market quality in India’s equity market are:

 Exchanges based on open electronic limit order book;

 Nationwide integrated market with a large number of informed traders and fluency of short or long positions; and

 No counterparty risk.

Among the processes that have already started and are soon to be fully implemented are electronic settlement trade and exchange-traded derivatives. Before 1995, markets in India used open outcry, a trading process in which traders shouted and hand signaled from within a pit.

One major policy initiated by SEBI from 1993 involved the shift of all exchanges to screen-based trading, motivated primarily by the need for greater transparency.

Hey friend, i am really impressed by your effort and also thanks for sharing the information on The key ingredients that underlie market as i need it for my project. Well, i am also uploading a document where you would find some useful information.

Attachments

• The key ingredients that underlie market.pdf
    708.7 KB · Views: 0