Small Industries Service Institute
Small scale sector is one of the success stories of the modern India. Its success is writ large over the face of the country and is equally visible all around. This is a sector that has emerged victorious in the face of rising threats from large sector inside and from multi-nationals abroad. The small Industries Service Institute (SISI) are the field offices of Small Industries Development Organisation (SIDO), Ministry of Small Scale Industries, Govt. of India, set up for the promotion and development of Small Scale Industries in the State in the early fifties. This Institute provides support / services to the State Government as well as co-ordinates various activities at the state level for promotion and development of small scale industries. This Institute, alongwith SISI, Nagpur and Branch Institute at Aurangabad, look after the whole of Maharashtra.
Small Industries Development Organisation, under the Ministry of Industry is the Apex body at the national level, headed by
Development Commissioner, Small Scale Industries to formulate the policy governing the Small Scale Industrial Sector in the country to chalk out schemes and programmes for development of the SSI sector. SIDO also monitors the implementation of policies and activities of promotion and development of Small Scale Industries in the country, with active involvement of State directorate of Industries through its network of 28 Small Industries Service Institute (SISI) in all the States.
Small Industries Service Institute, Mumbai provides various types of extension services and assistance in setting up of units,
promoting and developing product and Services by the Small Scale Industries. The Institute has Technical Officers to provide
guidance in all trades i.e. Metallurgy, Mechanical, Chemical, Leather, Glass & Ceramics, Electrical, Electronics, Food Industry,
Management & Economic Investigation.
INCENTIVES FOR SMALL SCALE SECTOR
A number of incentives are provided to SSI units to support the SSIs and promote Small Employment Ventures.
Notable amongst these are :
- Reservation of 812 products for exclusive manufacture of SSIs
- Prime Minister's Rojgar Yojana to facilitate growth of Self Employment and
- small Employment Ventures
- Fiscal incentives in the form of excise exemption / concession for SSIs
- Price and Purchase preference for products manufacture by SSIs in Govt.
- Purchase Programme
- Credit Policies for priority lending to SSIs
- Interest on Delayed Payment Act to tackle the problem of settlement of SSI
- dues from Large Scale Units
- Mechanism for dealing with the grievances regarding bank loans and more
- transparent and simplified procedure
- Integrated Infrastructure Development (IID) Centre to provide basic
- infrastructure facilities
- Financial Assistance to acquire ISO-9000 Certification
- National Equity Fund Scheme and Technology Development and
- Modernisation Fund Schemes
- Credit Linked Subsidy scheme
- Market Development Assistance for SSI Exporters