Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects > Entrepreneurship / Intrapreneurship

What should be a Startup CEO's Salary?

Discuss What should be a Startup CEO's Salary? within the Entrepreneurship / Intrapreneurship forums, part of the Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects category; ...

Old
 (1 (permalink))
Anjali Khurana
joel.francis.735 is on a distinguished road

whatsup
Manager at Frio Products,
Management Paradise Member
Exclamation What should be a Startup CEO's Salary? - February 3rd, 2016

How much should he pay him/her self?

How much should a startup CEO make?

Every startup CEO faces this question and the answer is not really out there or fixed.

Here's something to guide them

Quote:
Like all entrepreneurs I closely follow a host of first generation entrepreneurs on social media. Peter Thiel (co-founder - PayPayl) is one of them. In one of his interviews, he had mentioned that the CEO’s salary was one of the critical things he considered before investing. In a startup environment, the salary of the CEO says a lot about the startup and its potential for success.

It took me down the memory lane, because that’s what my investors had said to me when I had approached them for funding.

So how much a startup founder or a CEO should pay himself?

A lower salary equates to more cash for the company, especially at the seed stage. As many of you would know, how vital it is to be capital-conscious at this stage. Many startups owe their success to their CEOs, because they didn’t draw salaries (yes, they worked for free) and put in their share of the “sweat equity”.
However, this austerity should be limited. How can a CEO make critical business decisions if he is always stressed about defaulting on the home loan? Salaries should match the needs of the CEO. A young and single CEO can afford to take home less than a married CEO with kids.
The amount raised in the seed round affects the salaries. The bigger the amount raised in the seed round, the higher the salary of the founders.
There is no correct answer to the question. How much a CEO takes home has to be jointly decided by the CEO and the investor. However, it is advisable to use the investment wisely and keep track of the cash burn.
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Re: What should be a Startup CEO's Salary?
Old
 (2 (permalink))
Jitendra Mazee
jiten005 is an unknown quantity at this point

jiten005
Management Paradise Guru
Re: What should be a Startup CEO's Salary? - February 5th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.francis.735 View Post

How much should he pay him/her self?

How much should a startup CEO make?

Every startup CEO faces this question and the answer is not really out there or fixed.

Here's something to guide them
Hey friend, i would like to tell you that you are doing very nice work and i really appreciate it. Well, i have also got some important information on Startup CEO's Salary and would like to share it with you which would help many people here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Startup CEO's Salary.pdf (346.8 KB, 1 views)
Friends: (0)