Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects > Entrepreneurship / Intrapreneurship

Your Wife is Your First Investor!

Discuss Your Wife is Your First Investor! within the Entrepreneurship / Intrapreneurship forums, part of the Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects category; ...

Your Wife is Your First Investor!
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Anjali Khurana
joel.francis.735 is on a distinguished road

whatsup
Manager at Frio Products,
Management Paradise Member
Lightbulb Your Wife is Your First Investor! - December 9th, 2015

I recently got this email in my mailbox and thought of sharing it here.

Quote:
That I quit my high-flying and high-paying career to pursue my own startup is no secret. I have been living my dream so far. But, do not think for one crazy moment that it was all so easy. After I realized that I wanted to start my own venture, the first thing I did was talk to my wife. Because, as much as the decision affected me, it affected her as well. I asked her if she would support me and my dream. If she would be willing to sacrifice the current lifestyle.

Well, fortunately for me, she didn’t bat an eyelid before nodding her head and saying a confident ‘YES’. However, it might not be that easy for you, my friends. But, without your spouse’s consent, remember, your startup can never take off. Hence, before quitting you should consult your spouse.

Give her a clearer picture of the road ahead; it has many bumps.
Tell her the startup might mean an end to her current lifestyle; no more expensive brunches at Five-star restaurants, movies in recliner seats and plane travels.
Ask her if she would be willing to support the household expenses while you are chasing your dream.
Do a reality check with her; would she be happy postponing certain major things in life like having a child, going on that much dreamed of expensive Europe/American tour, etc.
Do not take it lightly? Your wife has as much say in your dream as you have. I am sure it is the reverse for Women entrepreneurs!
Advertisements

Friends: (0)